Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 2:00 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Question [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Welcome the Lufthansa Group/Miles & More Forum Newbie Lounge!

The Newbie Lounge is a place where no question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and where you can ask anything about Lufthansa Group and Miles & More you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask. The LH/M&M Forum Newbie Lounge first started in 2011 following several examples of successful newbie lounges in other FT forums. I hope this thread serves as a useful resource for people new to Lufthansa, LH Group of airlines, the M&M programme and FlyerTalk in general.

If you are M&M old-timers, please feel free to contribute answers here just as you normally do in the rest of the Lufthansa/M&M forum. But make sure to leave "do a search" or at the door before entering. Also please limit the use of acronyms. If you're going to use an acronym, try and define it first.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 16, 2016 at 4:42 am
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: LifeMiles, AA, SQ
Originally Posted by jcooldude
Guys, what's the trick to booking Lufthansa First Class Rewards? I understand they release tickets MAXIMUM 15 days in advance, and you have to be proactive looking (say UA website) - but if I'm looking to book FRA - HKG for instance, Frankfurt will be my transit stop for a few days while I hope to get availability - is that dumb or do spaces (March) generally open up if I have a week to kill?
Anyone have any advice on my points above?
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:55 pm
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hi All,

If flying into MUC in long haul F can you access the MUC LH first lounge as an arrivals lounge?

Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve_19
Hi All,

If flying into MUC in long haul F can you access the MUC LH first lounge as an arrivals lounge?

Thanks!
Yes, you can. If arriving from the US you will arrive on the same level where the FCL is located. If arriving from another country follow the signs as if you are connecting from an H gate (and you will have to clear security). The entrance to the FCL is near Gate H21.
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:32 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, you can. If arriving from the US you will arrive on the same level where the FCL is located. If arriving from another country follow the signs as if you are connecting from an H gate (and you will have to clear security). The entrance to the FCL is near Gate H21.
Thank you!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Guys, what's the trick to booking Lufthansa First Class Rewards? I understand they release tickets MAXIMUM 15 days in advance, and you have to be proactive looking (say UA website) - but if I'm looking to book FRA - HKG for instance, Frankfurt will be my transit stop for a few days while I hope to get availability - is that dumb or do spaces (March) generally open up if I have a week to kill?
Anyone have any advice on my points above?
The trick to booking LH F awards is to use M&M miles with preferably SEN or HON status. But seriously FRA-HKG in F is a difficult award to get even with M&M miles. MUC-HKG or HKG-FRA in F is slightly easier with M&M miles.

If using miles from other FFPs than M&M I suggest checking the following threads.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ly-2015-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...ble-again.html
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...tner-ffps.html
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
When booking a Premium Economy ticket from North America to any European destination beyond MUC or FRA, is it possible to book the second leg of the award ticket (the intra European sector) in business class instead of economy class at an extra minimal surcharge of miles?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC
Hi all,

I'd appreciate some help with a question about the Lufthansa CRJ900 routes please. A work colleague would like to fly on a CRJ900 (likes the look of them), I've tried to look on the Lufthansa website to get answers but I'm not having any luck. Are there any Lufthansa flights from London that use a CRJ900, preferably on a weekend? Thanks for your patience and answers. Nimrod.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
Hi all,

I'd appreciate some help with a question about the Lufthansa CRJ900 routes please. A work colleague would like to fly on a CRJ900 (likes the look of them), I've tried to look on the Lufthansa website to get answers but I'm not having any luck. Are there any Lufthansa flights from London that use a CRJ900, preferably on a weekend? Thanks for your patience and answers. Nimrod.
I doubt if there are Lufthansa flights from London that use a CRJ900 although there may be occasional Eurowings flights from London.

To check which routes have been flown by CRJ900, find the registrations of the aircraft here and insert the registration on flightradar24 to find which routes have been flown by these aircraft recently, e.g. http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/d-ackc.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
When booking a Premium Economy ticket from North America to any European destination beyond MUC or FRA, is it possible to book the second leg of the award ticket (the intra European sector) in business class instead of economy class at an extra minimal surcharge of miles?
Nope.

Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
Hi all,

All EW CRJ900 are moving to Munich this year, as the E195 are moved to VIE. No CR900 service to LHR AFAIK.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Thank you for your answers oliver2002 and NewbieRunner, I tried the flightradar24 suggestion, looks like my colleague will have to go to a hub in Germany if he wants to try out a CRJ900.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I renewed my SEN status in 2014, so my status was set to expire in Feb 2017. Is it correct that mileage accrual during 2015 was irrelevant for status purposes? Once reaching 100,000 status miles in 2015 it did not push the expiry date from Feb 2017 to Feb 2018 (which I incorrectly assumed?), and also I do not get eVouchers? I am somewhat surprised that the only thing that happened in my account on January 1st was the resetting of status miles down to zero. If I had known, I would have credited to another *A account during 2015. I will renew SEN in 2016, but I know what to do in 2017...
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
That is correct. Welcome to the "beauty" of SEN.
andrewingeneva likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by oliver2002
All EW CRJ900 are moving to Munich this year, as the E195 are moved to VIE. No CR900 service to LHR AFAIK.
So what will happen to the CRJ service at DUS that I have been doing for years now, down and up to GVA, BSL and other destinations like MAD? Will that be taken over by germanwings (quel horreur)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.