Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:52 am

Programs: LH/OS SEN, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Great work, guys! Never having flown LH F, I did not know it was so much fun (but admittedly, I had a faint idea already reading some of the previous "LH F is inferior because ..." threads). You all made my day!
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1.Start a thread on how to disconnect and take the headphones in LH F.
2.Ensure another FTer has the seat after you and claims compensation for having no headphones.
3.Post a thread on FT "I can't believe how bad LH F is, they don't even have headphones and made me use a C pair...what compensation is reasonable"
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by fradoc
ROFL!
6. The highlight will be a visit to the spa. But lo and behold: If I pay for a €8.000 ticket, it is outrageous to pay for the spa! Write a complaint letter at the lounge.
Ahhh...but one can now get a free "massage" by requesting secondary security screening. Perhaps you have stuffed your undershorts with a rubber duckie to attract added attention.

The maximization goes further. I once observed a gentlemen imbibe so heavily in the FCT, that the PAs were unable to rouse him for the departure of his flight. Perhaps he was testing the scotch, but I wasn't paying close enough attention.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by totti
Want to try the LA C seat?
Since somebody promised me a complimentary upgrade voucher: yes!
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
In order to maximize my FCT experience I asked the PA to have the construction cranes removed while I was there in order to get a better view of the A gates.
I have requested to ride the crew bus from just across the street in order to be the first in the F cabin and remove all the headsets.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Complain in the FCT dining area that they have ruined the Jamon Iberico by carving it.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
  • insist on getting the bathroom with the tub and ask your PA for a rental laptop and whether they have adult entertainment dvds as you are planning a relaxing bathing session.
  • at the fcl b spa ask since the TG F Spa in BKK is free, if at least for the 80E sessions a happy ending is included
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by fradoc
...6. The highlight will be a visit to the spa. But lo and behold: If I pay for a €8.000 ticket, it is outrageous to pay for the spa! Write a complaint letter at the lounge....
For €8.000 you can get 8x LH F ! Just talk to US Air Dividend Miles.
US Air is really cheating LH - what we are doing is just amateur stuff !!

Make sure to insist on a Happy End massage ! It is standard procedure in BKK ...
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
For €8.000 you can get 8x LH F ! Just talk to US Air Dividend Miles.
US Air is really cheating LH - what we are doing is just amateur stuff !!
This is a prime example of why SQ has stopped allowing longhaul C and F awards with Star Alliance.

Under pressure by the *A board recently, SQ officials thumbed their noses at the FFP directors and said that miles have become devalued lately and carriers are not willing to pay more for premium awards.

Could LH be next?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
What a great thread. ^^ Thanks Rambuster for initiation and all the others for adding more food to it. ^^

From my reading I would just miss:
- Complain loudly in the FCT, that the duty free store has no Remy Louis XIII "2007 special edition" and no Mouton-Rothschild 1945 on stock
- Ask for a serving of salmon and after the first bite spit it out and insist, that only the "Nikolay cut" Balik salmon is eatable
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by mamb0
  • insist on getting the bathroom with the tub and ask your PA for a rental laptop and whether they have adult entertainment dvds as you are planning a relaxing bathing session.
Why a rental laptop? You are flying F. Demand a computer in the bathroom.

Complain the water temperature is not correct.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

- Complain about no hot water at the FCT !
(Actually this is a legit complaint - mods please feel free to delete this post )
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
- Complain about no hot water at the FCT !
Perhaps that's considered part of the spa treatment...
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
- Complain that your BP got wet in the shower
(At the NRT NH F lounge they keep your BP at the reception while you take a shower so it doesn't get wet)
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
- Complain that your BP got wet in the shower
(At the NRT NH F lounge they keep your BP at the reception while you take a shower so it doesn't get wet)
Crazy Japanese !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.