Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Old Jan 17, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Originally Posted by flysurfer
    Sell an ultra top secret waterproof tip how to enter the FCT for FREE!

Answer: you need to have some 1000 €€€ at your disposal.
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by macabus
    Almost forgot about this one...

- Snatch a full bottle of wine from the bar area when no one's looking and stuff it in your carry-on.

- Repeat until carry-on is filled to capacity.
    Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
    Sorry, but no more than 100ml of liquid in your carry-on.
    Once in the FCT, you've already cleared security screening.

So, it's just a straight shot to the plane via car transfer and you're home free.

BTW, I've seen someone do this before in the FCT with two full (sealed) bottles of wine in their carry-on.
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:28 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
    BTW, I've seen someone do this before in the FCT with two full (sealed) bottles of wine in their carry-on.
    I also know of people who, after entering the FCL on arrival, ordered several Schnitzel and a doggy bag to take it all home. The staff complied w/o making a face and seemed fully prepared to cater to such requests.
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:26 am
    Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
    Once in the FCT, you've already cleared security screening.

So, it's just a straight shot to the plane via car transfer and you're home free.
    OK, I've only been to the FCL B where security screening is as you leave the lounge.

Now I know. @:-) That's why maximisers prefer the FCT to the FCL.
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:36 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
    OK, I've only been to the FCL B where security screening is as you leave the lounge.
    How's that? FCL B is in the sterile aera, isn't it?
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:45 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
    Not if you are driven to your plane !
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:53 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster
    Not if you are driven to your plane !
    Good to know. So if I walk to the gate, I'm not dangerous, but as soon as I'm driven there, I am and have to submit all liquids etc.?

Since I'm not smart enough to understand the FCL B logic, I'll stick with the FCT. @:-)
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:01 am
    Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

I don't know if it's because I was catching a flight to a paranoid regime (aka UK) but there's an elevator which takes you from the FCL B to the ground level where there's a check point complete with X-ray and WTMD staffed by 3 bored-looking officials. The elevator seems to be in no man's land and lounge personnel apparently cannot accompany pax to the lower level.

Thanks, Rambuster, for the explanation! Though I too don't understand the logic.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 17, 2010 at 11:06 am
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:06 am

Since I'm not smart enough to understand the FCL B logic, I'll stick with the FCT. @:-)
    I thought you avoided FRA.
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:08 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
    I don't know if it's because I was catching a flight to a paranoid regime (aka UK) but there's an elevator which takes you from the FCL B to the ground level where there's a check point complete with X-ray and WTMD staffed by 3 bored-looking officials. The elevator seems to be in no man's land and lounge personnel apparently cannot accompany pax to the lower level.

Thanks, Rambuster for the explanation! Though I too don't understand the logic.
    You need to rephrase all of this for this thread. It should read:

- Complain strongly to the security staff that QR drive you the plane too at DOH without having to go through additional security
    - Insist on taking the bottles of wine you boosted from the lounge with you
    - the 100ml rule only applies to non-F pax (and terrorists)
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:15 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought you avoided FRA.
    Just in case I can't avoid it.

I had to go through FRA three horrible times last year w/o travelling in LH F (including the *A Megado). And I've already scheduled a trip to MAD on LA metal.
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
    - Complain strongly to the security staff that QR drive you the plane too at DOH without having to go through additional security
    But I thought it was the limo driver who was suspicious and had to be wanded according to another thread.

I had to go through FRA three horrible times last year w/o travelling in LH F (including the *A Megado).
    FRA at 5am was a breeze. For the HONs among the MegaDo participants, the FCT unfortunately wasn't open yet.

p.s. I'd better rephrase the above for this thread.

- Complain that you had to be driven to the plane by a dubious character whom the airport security obviously didn't trust.
    - Complain you were driven to the plane too early before other pax arrived by bus and therefore missed the opportunity to show off.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 17, 2010 at 11:34 am
    Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
    Originally Posted by andre1970
    If, by any chance, you are asked to line up for screening at the FCT, publicly reprimand the security staff on their incompetence in using the "search function"
    While a great insider FT joke ^, never underestimate the denseness of the security lemmings. A complex and abstract insult such as this one would probably not sink in within a reasonable amount of time.
    Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:44 am

let staff know you have been expecting an upgrade to "R" class and leave no doubt about your disbelieve there isn't any....

complain no amenity kits have been handed to your children back in Y class...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...s-economy.html

Last edited by sunseeker; Jan 18, 2010 at 12:56 am
    Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:50 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
    And I've already scheduled a trip to MAD on LA metal.
    Want to try the LA C seat?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.