FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1040252-definitive-lh-first-experience-thread-including-how-maximize.html)

NewbieRunner Jan 19, 2010 5:28 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 13209516)
Rambuster is that much in love with the LH F seat, he starts sleeping as soon on board. :D

And by the time he wakes up today is tomorrow, and tomorrow is the day after tomorrow! :confused:

Jgish Jan 19, 2010 5:35 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13209609)
And by the time he wakes up today is tomorrow, and tomorrow is the day after tomorrow! :confused:

If the plane diverts back across the date line, it's yesterday...or maybe tomorrow.

DownUnderFlyer Jan 19, 2010 5:40 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13209609)

You mean yesterday, today was tomorrow, correct? Or was it the day after tomorrow?

Rambuster Jan 19, 2010 6:25 am

yeah, I know that (sometimes) they have the next day's edition onboard.
However, this was about the way this guy demanded the next day's edition when the FA came round with the magazine and newspaper trolley.

TRAVELSIG Jan 19, 2010 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13209820)
yeah, I know that (sometimes) they have the next day's edition onboard.
However, this was about the way this guy demanded the next day's edition when the FA came round with the magazine and newspaper trolley.

Well I think they FAX it from the ground to the airplane- but only if you are a US Dividend Miles General Member- nothing for HON's- that may be why the guy was upset?

NewbieRunner Jan 19, 2010 7:09 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 13209658)
You mean yesterday, today was tomorrow, correct? Or was it the day after tomorrow?

No. I mean tomorrow, today is yesterday, tomorrow is today, and the day after tomorrow is tomorrow.

SleepOverGreenland Jan 19, 2010 7:35 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13210010)
No. I mean tomorrow, today is yesterday, tomorrow is today, and the day after tomorrow is tomorrow.

:confused:

Reminds me the old math proof that 1=0 and I didn't find the gap in the long sequence of formulas. :o

seat 1a Jan 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 13209832)
Well I think they FAX it from the ground to the airplane- but only if you are a US Dividend Miles General Member- nothing for HON's- that may be why the guy was upset?

I am a HON + , get this all the time. So that would be a maximizer for sure.:D

weero Jan 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by totti (Post 13202072)
Want to try the LA C seat? ;)

If you end up in the real thing it is a great C product. I managed twice to plant myself into one. But then, I also managed to experience a last femtosecond equipment change and a surrogate stool which rivals an LH coach product :( .

Originally Posted by macabus (Post 13203353)
This is a prime example of why SQ has stopped allowing longhaul C and F awards with Star Alliance...

In which parallel universe? I am not particularly fond of SQ and Chagis Khan airport but they have by far the best premium award inventory of all *A carriers. Whenever I book a C award to the US, more than half of all segments are always on SQ. And I am not picky.

Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 13203890)
..This it OT but might be another form of F experience :D

Ever since you guys reanimated the "indecent service in Y on TG" thread, I am haunted by the suspicion that "F service" doesn't stand for First anymore :eek: . In this thread at least it stands for freeloader.

moos Jan 20, 2010 9:54 am

Then travel back home across the atlantic in LH Y, in a middle seat in the back that does not recline in a old 747-400. When you close your eyes LH F will be a dream ;-). (You may wear your F Tshirt while travelling).

TRAVELSIG Jan 20, 2010 9:56 am

Guard the restroom, blockade it with FA assistance using beverage carts, and the post on how to solve the problem of "F restroom poachers":

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...problem-3.html

NewbieRunner Jan 21, 2010 7:11 am

Just downloaded the PDF version of the Condé Nast Traveler article featuring Star MegaDo 1 and found the following which I think should be added to this thread:

Quack! Why is the Lufthansa rubber ducky the golden fleece for frequent fliers?

I left Marty making preparations to take a bath in the lounge's full-size bathtub. It turned out that Rolando Veloso, the Argentinian air warrior with 800,000 Continental miles, had designs on the tub as well. There was a trophy to be claimed for coming here, and only one flier would have it: a rubber ducky, across the front of which read clearly: LUFTHANSA FIRST-CLASS TERMINAL. In Airworld, the Lufthansa rubber ducky is the golden fleece
Oh dear! This article might increase potential maximisers. :rolleyes:

TRAVELSIG Jan 21, 2010 7:23 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13224506)
Just downloaded the PDF version of the Condé Nast Traveler article featuring Star MegaDo 1 and found the following which I think should be added to this thread:

My guess is that, all the joking about maximisers aside, it won't be long until LH blocks F redepemption to only their own members (a.k.a. the usual experience with SQ)

777-200LR Jan 21, 2010 7:23 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13224506)

I bet some person using the FCT will make sure to fill up their suitcase with as many of these as possible, since it sais FIRST CLASS TERMINAL.

NewbieRunner Jan 21, 2010 8:10 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 13224587)
My guess is that, all the joking about maximisers aside, it won't be long until LH blocks F redepemption to only their own members (a.k.a. the usual experience with SQ)

As was strongly hinted during the Star MegaDo.