The definitive "How to maximise the LH F experience" thread!

Reply

Old Jan 18, 10, 6:43 pm
  #106  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington D.C./ Luebeck
Programs: DL Gold, UA 1P , Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Posts: 214
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior View Post
we forgot:
  • once you made your way into the FCT start a loudish webcam conference on skype and let all your friend know about the experience.
  • Forget your suitcase at the FCT, go back and do the car ride twice . Don't forget to complain about the S Class and let the driver know that even Air Asia offers its passengers the same service with a Maybach
  • Walk down from F to the Y section wearing your favorite t-shirt labelled "Eure Armut kotzt mich an"
  • Take at least one F blanket home with you
  • Please also put HON priority tags on your handluggage. Better take 2 per item, you never know.
Dankeschoen, sie haben mich gerade herzlich zum Lachen gebracht./ Thanks, you just made me lough hard!
777-200LR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 10, 7:30 pm
  #107  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 2,865
Not sure why everyone is making up stories here... I always have a good time...

- Upon arrival at the FCT, I shout "Where the hell is my glass of champagne? Has anyone died?". I then proceed to the screening where
- I usually fight with the screening guys over my baby food glasses (filled with champagne....)Once in the FCT,
- I insist on sitting in an armchair that’s already occupied.
- After the vacate the Cigar Lounge for my personal use, I complain about the smoke.
- I have dayrooms blocked for all duckies traveling with me
- I demand "Please rebook my ticket!" and whenever they ask me "What would you like to change, sir?", I shout back: "Don't bother me with the details of your incompetency!"
- I tell all staff - and I mean all - that Wolfgang M. is totally in love with me and would leave his wife any second for me.
- I pick up the doggy bags with six bottles of champagne - "My cats will be so grateful!"
- Once on the way to the aircraft, I let the driver know that I am allergic to Macadamia nuts and expect a nut-free environment on board.
- After boarding, I take my favourite seat 2A muttering something about a National Disgrace and will only switch off my mobile after I complained to Wolfgang about another sub-standard experience.

Love my Lufthansa...
SMK77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 10, 11:41 pm
  #108  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Posts: 14,498
I nearly forgot about this one:
On last weeks flight the guy sitting next to me (SEN on F award) asked the FA for TOMORROWs newspaper - not today's, as he had already read that one !

The silly excuse that tomorrows paper had not been printed yet was not accepted by this chap and he shook his head and mumbled something.

I subsequently asked the FA for next week's lottery numbers. However they turned out to be wrong too. A disgrace !
Rambuster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 12:00 am
  #109  
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: STR/SYD/SMF
Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Posts: 13,903
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
I subsequently asked the FA for next week's lottery numbers. However they turned out to be wrong too. A disgrace !
Nuke 'em!
DownUnderFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 12:06 am
  #110  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Posts: 26,595
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
I nearly forgot about this one:
On last weeks flight the guy sitting next to me (SEN on F award) asked the FA for TOMORROWs newspaper - not today's, as he had already read that one !
Hey, no need to belittle SEN on F award! Sometimes they have yesterday's newspaper so why not tomorrow's ?

So HON on €1000 F tix > SEN on F award ?

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
Nuke 'em!
Watch your language on the internet.
NewbieRunner is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 12:17 am
  #111  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Posts: 14,498
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Hey, no need to belittle SEN on F award! Sometimes they have yesterday's newspaper so why not tomorrow's ?

So HON on €1000 F tix > SEN on F award ?
Not belittling SENs - only this nutter!

...my own customer attractiveness factor will probably soon be negative !
Rambuster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 12:27 am
  #112  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Posts: 26,595
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
...my own customer attractiveness factor will probably soon be negative !
Good to know you are still positively attractive.

How about:

- Ask for the type of tix each pax in the F cabin is travelling on (with price paid if appropriate, or FFP miles used) so you can ensure you receive the level of service appropriate for the tix you hold.
- The information should also include their FFP and status.
- Ask for a list of pecking order, e.g. F&F > HON on full fare revenue tix > SEN on M&M award tix > *G on US Dividend Miles award ...

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 19, 10 at 1:33 am
NewbieRunner is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 12:59 am
  #113  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Posts: 4,417
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
I nearly forgot about this one:
On last weeks flight the guy sitting next to me (SEN on F award) asked the FA for TOMORROWs newspaper - not today's, as he had already read that one !
Too much Krug champagne?

pd I swear, it was not me!!
more4less is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 2:08 am
  #114  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MUC (home), DUS (office), XXX (customer)
Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
I nearly forgot about this one:
On last weeks flight the guy sitting next to me (SEN on F award) asked the FA for TOMORROWs newspaper - not today's, as he had already read that one !
Well, I have to say I was offered Tomorrow's newspaper (SZ) on my last MUC-HKG flight. P1 walked through F and C and offered it to everybody there. I could hear her asking: "Süddeutsche von morgen" and then she came into Y and offered it to selected people only (most of them I had discovered to be status customers as well, she had a little list and just a few left)

Basically, we left on a Monday night, so everybody had gotten the Monday issue before the flight and into the flight she had the first issue (this is like a 8 pm print) of the Tuesday SZ.
supermasterphil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 3:33 am
  #115  
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: STR/SYD/SMF
Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Posts: 13,903
Originally Posted by supermasterphil View Post
Well, I have to say I was offered Tomorrow's newspaper (SZ) on my last MUC-HKG flight. P1 walked through F and C and offered it to everybody there. I could hear her asking: "Süddeutsche von morgen" and then she came into Y and offered it to selected people only (most of them I had discovered to be status customers as well, she had a little list and just a few left)

Basically, we left on a Monday night, so everybody had gotten the Monday issue before the flight and into the flight she had the first issue (this is like a 8 pm print) of the Tuesday SZ.
Can often happen in this region of the planet, too where flying across the dateline provides wonderful stories like this, especially on short flights just across.
DownUnderFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 3:57 am
  #116  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DUS (and somewhere in transit)
Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 9,745
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
Can often happen in this region of the planet, too where flying across the dateline provides wonderful stories like this, especially on short flights just across.
Here you do not need to cross the dateline. Tomorrows FAZ or SZ on a late flight ex FRA or MUC is not a really big deal. I am surprised that Rambuster was so surprised.
Flying Lawyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 4:54 am
  #117  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: FRA
Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Posts: 4,183
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer View Post
Here you do not need to cross the dateline. Tomorrows FAZ or SZ on a late flight ex FRA or MUC is not a really big deal. I am surprised that Rambuster was so surprised.
Same here. I rarely fly east from Germany, but my two or three BKK departures ex FRA indeed had next day newspapers on board. Rambuster is that much in love with the LH F seat, he starts sleeping as soon on board.
SleepOverGreenland is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 5:18 am
  #118  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IAD or elsewhere
Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 655
Originally Posted by supermasterphil View Post
Well, I have to say I was offered Tomorrow's newspaper (SZ) on my last MUC-HKG flight..
This is considered an "enhancement" and maximization of one's experience, as the newspaper is really designed to line the floor to catch the ordure from whichever yacking lap dog has inhabited the cabin. Today's paper would not do, as it would have already been used. Those go to the pax in whY.

It is also intended to enhance one's bedding.
Jgish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 5:28 am
  #119  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Posts: 26,595
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
Rambuster is that much in love with the LH F seat, he starts sleeping as soon on board.
And by the time he wakes up today is tomorrow, and tomorrow is the day after tomorrow!
NewbieRunner is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 10, 5:35 am
  #120  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IAD or elsewhere
Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 655
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
And by the time he wakes up today is tomorrow, and tomorrow is the day after tomorrow!
If the plane diverts back across the date line, it's yesterday...or maybe tomorrow.
Jgish is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread