FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The definitive "How to maximise the LH F experience" thread! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1040252-definitive-how-maximise-lh-f-experience-thread.html)

777-200LR Jan 18, 10 7:43 pm


Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 13195077)
we forgot:
  • once you made your way into the FCT start a loudish webcam conference on skype and let all your friend know about the experience.
  • Forget your suitcase at the FCT, go back and do the car ride twice @:-). Don't forget to complain about the S Class and let the driver know that even Air Asia offers its passengers the same service with a Maybach
  • Walk down from F to the Y section wearing your favorite t-shirt labelled "Eure Armut kotzt mich an"
  • Take at least one F blanket home with you
  • Please also put HON priority tags on your handluggage. Better take 2 per item, you never know.

Dankeschoen, sie haben mich gerade herzlich zum Lachen gebracht./ Thanks, you just made me lough hard!

SMK77 Jan 18, 10 8:30 pm

Not sure why everyone is making up stories here... I always have a good time...

- Upon arrival at the FCT, I shout "Where the hell is my glass of champagne? Has anyone died?". I then proceed to the screening where
- I usually fight with the screening guys over my baby food glasses (filled with champagne....)Once in the FCT,
- I insist on sitting in an armchair that’s already occupied.
- After the vacate the Cigar Lounge for my personal use, I complain about the smoke.
- I have dayrooms blocked for all duckies traveling with me
- I demand "Please rebook my ticket!" and whenever they ask me "What would you like to change, sir?", I shout back: "Don't bother me with the details of your incompetency!"
- I tell all staff - and I mean all - that Wolfgang M. is totally in love with me and would leave his wife any second for me.
- I pick up the doggy bags with six bottles of champagne - "My cats will be so grateful!"
- Once on the way to the aircraft, I let the driver know that I am allergic to Macadamia nuts and expect a nut-free environment on board.
- After boarding, I take my favourite seat 2A muttering something about a National Disgrace and will only switch off my mobile after I complained to Wolfgang about another sub-standard experience.

Love my Lufthansa...

Rambuster Jan 19, 10 12:41 am

I nearly forgot about this one:
On last weeks flight the guy sitting next to me (SEN on F award) asked the FA for TOMORROWs newspaper - not today's, as he had already read that one !

The silly excuse that tomorrows paper had not been printed yet was not accepted by this chap and he shook his head and mumbled something.

I subsequently asked the FA for next week's lottery numbers. However they turned out to be wrong too. A disgrace !

DownUnderFlyer Jan 19, 10 1:00 am


Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13208769)
I subsequently asked the FA for next week's lottery numbers. However they turned out to be wrong too. A disgrace !

Nuke 'em!

NewbieRunner Jan 19, 10 1:06 am


Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13208769)
I nearly forgot about this one:
On last weeks flight the guy sitting next to me (SEN on F award) asked the FA for TOMORROWs newspaper - not today's, as he had already read that one !

Hey, no need to belittle SEN on F award! Sometimes they have yesterday's newspaper so why not tomorrow's ?

So HON on €1000 F tix > SEN on F award ? :D


Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 13208830)
Nuke 'em!

Watch your language on the internet. :eek:

Rambuster Jan 19, 10 1:17 am


Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13208849)
Hey, no need to belittle SEN on F award! Sometimes they have yesterday's newspaper so why not tomorrow's ?

So HON on €1000 F tix > SEN on F award ? :D

Not belittling SENs - only this nutter!

...my own customer attractiveness factor will probably soon be negative !:D

NewbieRunner Jan 19, 10 1:27 am


Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13208881)
...my own customer attractiveness factor will probably soon be negative !:D

Good to know you are still positively attractive. ^:D

How about:

- Ask for the type of tix each pax in the F cabin is travelling on (with price paid if appropriate, or FFP miles used) so you can ensure you receive the level of service appropriate for the tix you hold.
- The information should also include their FFP and status.
- Ask for a list of pecking order, e.g. F&F > HON on full fare revenue tix > SEN on M&M award tix > *G on US Dividend Miles award ...

more4less Jan 19, 10 1:59 am


Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13208769)
I nearly forgot about this one:
On last weeks flight the guy sitting next to me (SEN on F award) asked the FA for TOMORROWs newspaper - not today's, as he had already read that one !

Too much Krug champagne?

pd I swear, it was not me!!

supermasterphil Jan 19, 10 3:08 am


Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13208769)
I nearly forgot about this one:
On last weeks flight the guy sitting next to me (SEN on F award) asked the FA for TOMORROWs newspaper - not today's, as he had already read that one !

Well, I have to say I was offered Tomorrow's newspaper (SZ) on my last MUC-HKG flight. P1 walked through F and C and offered it to everybody there. I could hear her asking: "Süddeutsche von morgen" and then she came into Y and offered it to selected people only (most of them I had discovered to be status customers as well, she had a little list and just a few left)

Basically, we left on a Monday night, so everybody had gotten the Monday issue before the flight and into the flight she had the first issue (this is like a 8 pm print) of the Tuesday SZ.

DownUnderFlyer Jan 19, 10 4:33 am


Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 13209129)
Well, I have to say I was offered Tomorrow's newspaper (SZ) on my last MUC-HKG flight. P1 walked through F and C and offered it to everybody there. I could hear her asking: "Süddeutsche von morgen" and then she came into Y and offered it to selected people only (most of them I had discovered to be status customers as well, she had a little list and just a few left)

Basically, we left on a Monday night, so everybody had gotten the Monday issue before the flight and into the flight she had the first issue (this is like a 8 pm print) of the Tuesday SZ.

Can often happen in this region of the planet, too where flying across the dateline provides wonderful stories like this, especially on short flights just across.

Flying Lawyer Jan 19, 10 4:57 am


Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 13209332)
Can often happen in this region of the planet, too where flying across the dateline provides wonderful stories like this, especially on short flights just across.

Here you do not need to cross the dateline. Tomorrows FAZ or SZ on a late flight ex FRA or MUC is not a really big deal. I am surprised that Rambuster was so surprised.

SleepOverGreenland Jan 19, 10 5:54 am


Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 13209396)
Here you do not need to cross the dateline. Tomorrows FAZ or SZ on a late flight ex FRA or MUC is not a really big deal. I am surprised that Rambuster was so surprised.

Same here. I rarely fly east from Germany, but my two or three BKK departures ex FRA indeed had next day newspapers on board. Rambuster is that much in love with the LH F seat, he starts sleeping as soon on board. :D

Jgish Jan 19, 10 6:18 am


Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 13209129)
Well, I have to say I was offered Tomorrow's newspaper (SZ) on my last MUC-HKG flight..

This is considered an "enhancement" and maximization of one's experience, as the newspaper is really designed to line the floor to catch the ordure from whichever yacking lap dog has inhabited the cabin. Today's paper would not do, as it would have already been used. Those go to the pax in whY.

It is also intended to enhance one's bedding.

NewbieRunner Jan 19, 10 6:28 am


Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 13209516)
Rambuster is that much in love with the LH F seat, he starts sleeping as soon on board. :D

And by the time he wakes up today is tomorrow, and tomorrow is the day after tomorrow! :confused:

Jgish Jan 19, 10 6:35 am


Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13209609)
And by the time he wakes up today is tomorrow, and tomorrow is the day after tomorrow! :confused:

If the plane diverts back across the date line, it's yesterday...or maybe tomorrow.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:44 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.