FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1040252-definitive-lh-first-experience-thread-including-how-maximize.html)

martin_ Jan 18, 2010 5:52 am

Great work, guys! Never having flown LH F, I did not know it was so much fun (but admittedly, I had a faint idea already reading some of the previous "LH F is inferior because ..." threads). You all made my day!

TRAVELSIG Jan 18, 2010 6:30 am

1.Start a thread on how to disconnect and take the headphones in LH F.
2.Ensure another FTer has the seat after you and claims compensation for having no headphones.
3.Post a thread on FT "I can't believe how bad LH F is, they don't even have headphones and made me use a C pair...what compensation is reasonable"

Jgish Jan 18, 2010 7:00 am

Originally Posted by fradoc (Post 13196951)
ROFL!
6. The highlight will be a visit to the spa. But lo and behold: If I pay for a €8.000 ticket, it is outrageous to pay for the spa! Write a complaint letter at the lounge.

Ahhh...but one can now get a free "massage" by requesting secondary security screening. Perhaps you have stuffed your undershorts with a rubber duckie to attract added attention.

The maximization goes further. I once observed a gentlemen imbibe so heavily in the FCT, that the PAs were unable to rouse him for the departure of his flight. Perhaps he was testing the scotch, but I wasn't paying close enough attention.

flysurfer Jan 18, 2010 7:10 am

Originally Posted by totti (Post 13202072)
Want to try the LA C seat? ;)

Since somebody promised me a complimentary upgrade voucher: yes! :D

rolov Jan 18, 2010 7:18 am

In order to maximize my FCT experience I asked the PA to have the construction cranes removed while I was there in order to get a better view of the A gates.
I have requested to ride the crew bus from just across the street in order to be the first in the F cabin and remove all the headsets.

Jgish Jan 18, 2010 7:35 am

Complain in the FCT dining area that they have ruined the Jamon Iberico by carving it.

mamb0 Jan 18, 2010 8:05 am

• insist on getting the bathroom with the tub and ask your PA for a rental laptop and whether they have adult entertainment dvds as you are planning a relaxing bathing session.
  • at the fcl b spa ask since the TG F Spa in BKK is free, if at least for the 80E sessions a happy ending is included

Rambuster Jan 18, 2010 8:13 am

Originally Posted by fradoc (Post 13196951)
...6. The highlight will be a visit to the spa. But lo and behold: If I pay for a €8.000 ticket, it is outrageous to pay for the spa! Write a complaint letter at the lounge....

For €8.000 you can get 8x LH F ! Just talk to US Air Dividend Miles.:p
US Air is really cheating LH - what we are doing is just amateur stuff !! :td:

Make sure to insist on a Happy End massage ! It is standard procedure in BKK ... :o

macabus Jan 18, 2010 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13203304)
For €8.000 you can get 8x LH F ! Just talk to US Air Dividend Miles.:p
US Air is really cheating LH - what we are doing is just amateur stuff !! :td:

This is a prime example of why SQ has stopped allowing longhaul C and F awards with Star Alliance.

Under pressure by the *A board recently, SQ officials thumbed their noses at the FFP directors and said that miles have become devalued lately and carriers are not willing to pay more for premium awards.

Could LH be next?

SleepOverGreenland Jan 18, 2010 8:23 am

What a great thread. ^^ Thanks Rambuster for initiation and all the others for adding more food to it. ^^

From my reading I would just miss:
- Complain loudly in the FCT, that the duty free store has no Remy Louis XIII "2007 special edition" and no Mouton-Rothschild 1945 on stock
- Ask for a serving of salmon and after the first bite spit it out and insist, that only the "Nikolay cut" Balik salmon is eatable

Jgish Jan 18, 2010 8:25 am

Originally Posted by mamb0 (Post 13203272)
  • insist on getting the bathroom with the tub and ask your PA for a rental laptop and whether they have adult entertainment dvds as you are planning a relaxing bathing session.

Why a rental laptop? You are flying F. Demand a computer in the bathroom.

Complain the water temperature is not correct.

Rambuster Jan 18, 2010 8:47 am

- Complain about no hot water at the FCT !
(Actually this is a legit complaint - mods please feel free to delete this post ;) )

Jgish Jan 18, 2010 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13203482)
- Complain about no hot water at the FCT !

Perhaps that's considered part of the spa treatment...

NewbieRunner Jan 18, 2010 9:03 am

- Complain that your BP got wet in the shower
(At the NRT NH F lounge they keep your BP at the reception while you take a shower so it doesn't get wet)

Rambuster Jan 18, 2010 9:13 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13203592)
- Complain that your BP got wet in the shower
(At the NRT NH F lounge they keep your BP at the reception while you take a shower so it doesn't get wet)

Crazy Japanese ! :D