The definitive "How to maximise the LH F experience" thread!

Old Jan 17, 10, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by macabus View Post
BTW, I've seen someone do this before in the FCT with two full (sealed) bottles of wine in their carry-on.
I also know of people who, after entering the FCL on arrival, ordered several Schnitzel and a doggy bag to take it all home. The staff complied w/o making a face and seemed fully prepared to cater to such requests.
Old Jan 17, 10, 10:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by macabus View Post
Once in the FCT, you've already cleared security screening.

So, it's just a straight shot to the plane via car transfer and you're home free.
OK, I've only been to the FCL B where security screening is as you leave the lounge.

Now I know. That's why maximisers prefer the FCT to the FCL.
Old Jan 17, 10, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
OK, I've only been to the FCL B where security screening is as you leave the lounge.
How's that? FCL B is in the sterile aera, isn't it?
Old Jan 17, 10, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Originally Posted by flysurfer View Post
Not if you are driven to your plane !
Old Jan 17, 10, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
Not if you are driven to your plane !
Good to know. So if I walk to the gate, I'm not dangerous, but as soon as I'm driven there, I am and have to submit all liquids etc.?

Since I'm not smart enough to understand the FCL B logic, I'll stick with the FCT.
Old Jan 17, 10, 11:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

I don't know if it's because I was catching a flight to a paranoid regime (aka UK) but there's an elevator which takes you from the FCL B to the ground level where there's a check point complete with X-ray and WTMD staffed by 3 bored-looking officials. The elevator seems to be in no man's land and lounge personnel apparently cannot accompany pax to the lower level.

Thanks, Rambuster, for the explanation! Though I too don't understand the logic.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 17, 10 at 11:06 am
Old Jan 17, 10, 11:06 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Since I'm not smart enough to understand the FCL B logic, I'll stick with the FCT.
I thought you avoided FRA.
Old Jan 17, 10, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
I don't know if it's because I was catching a flight to a paranoid regime (aka UK) but there's an elevator which takes you from the FCL B to the ground level where there's a check point complete with X-ray and WTMD staffed by 3 bored-looking officials. The elevator seems to be in no man's land and lounge personnel apparently cannot accompany pax to the lower level.

Thanks, Rambuster for the explanation! Though I too don't understand the logic.
You need to rephrase all of this for this thread. It should read:

- Complain strongly to the security staff that QR drive you the plane too at DOH without having to go through additional security
- Insist on taking the bottles of wine you boosted from the lounge with you
- the 100ml rule only applies to non-F pax (and terrorists)
Old Jan 17, 10, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought you avoided FRA.
Just in case I can't avoid it.

I had to go through FRA three horrible times last year w/o travelling in LH F (including the *A Megado). And I've already scheduled a trip to MAD on LA metal.
Old Jan 17, 10, 11:24 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
- Complain strongly to the security staff that QR drive you the plane too at DOH without having to go through additional security
But I thought it was the limo driver who was suspicious and had to be wanded according to another thread.

I had to go through FRA three horrible times last year w/o travelling in LH F (including the *A Megado).
FRA at 5am was a breeze. For the HONs among the MegaDo participants, the FCT unfortunately wasn't open yet.

p.s. I'd better rephrase the above for this thread.

- Complain that you had to be driven to the plane by a dubious character whom the airport security obviously didn't trust.
- Complain you were driven to the plane too early before other pax arrived by bus and therefore missed the opportunity to show off.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 17, 10 at 11:34 am
Old Jan 17, 10, 11:21 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by andre1970 View Post
If, by any chance, you are asked to line up for screening at the FCT, publicly reprimand the security staff on their incompetence in using the "search function"
While a great insider FT joke , never underestimate the denseness of the security lemmings. A complex and abstract insult such as this one would probably not sink in within a reasonable amount of time.
Old Jan 18, 10, 12:44 am

let staff know you have been expecting an upgrade to "R" class and leave no doubt about your disbelieve there isn't any....

complain no amenity kits have been handed to your children back in Y class...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...s-economy.html

Last edited by sunseeker; Jan 18, 10 at 12:56 am
Old Jan 18, 10, 1:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
And I've already scheduled a trip to MAD on LA metal.
Want to try the LA C seat?
Old Jan 18, 10, 5:52 am

Programs: LH/OS SEN, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Le Club Plat, SPG Gold, BAEC Silver
Great work, guys! Never having flown LH F, I did not know it was so much fun (but admittedly, I had a faint idea already reading some of the previous "LH F is inferior because ..." threads). You all made my day!
Old Jan 18, 10, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1.Start a thread on how to disconnect and take the headphones in LH F.
2.Ensure another FTer has the seat after you and claims compensation for having no headphones.
3.Post a thread on FT "I can't believe how bad LH F is, they don't even have headphones and made me use a C pair...what compensation is reasonable"

Search this Thread