FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1040252-definitive-lh-first-experience-thread-including-how-maximize.html)

fradoc Jan 17, 2010 7:31 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 13197230)

Sell an ultra top secret waterproof tip how to enter the FCT for FREE!

Answer: you need to have some 1000 €€€ at your disposal.

macabus Jan 17, 2010 8:13 am

Originally Posted by macabus (Post 13197073)
    Almost forgot about this one...

- Snatch a full bottle of wine from the bar area when no one's looking and stuff it in your carry-on.

- Repeat until carry-on is filled to capacity.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13197092)
    Sorry, but no more than 100ml of liquid in your carry-on.

Once in the FCT, you've already cleared security screening.

So, it's just a straight shot to the plane via car transfer and you're home free.

BTW, I've seen someone do this before in the FCT with two full (sealed) bottles of wine in their carry-on.

flysurfer Jan 17, 2010 8:28 am

Originally Posted by macabus (Post 13197401)
    BTW, I've seen someone do this before in the FCT with two full (sealed) bottles of wine in their carry-on.

I also know of people who, after entering the FCL on arrival, ordered several Schnitzel and a doggy bag to take it all home. The staff complied w/o making a face and seemed fully prepared to cater to such requests. :rolleyes:

NewbieRunner Jan 17, 2010 10:26 am

Originally Posted by macabus (Post 13197401)
    Once in the FCT, you've already cleared security screening.

So, it's just a straight shot to the plane via car transfer and you're home free.

OK, I've only been to the FCL B where security screening is as you leave the lounge.

Now I know. @:-) That's why maximisers prefer the FCT to the FCL. :D

flysurfer Jan 17, 2010 10:36 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13198029)
    OK, I've only been to the FCL B where security screening is as you leave the lounge.

How's that? FCL B is in the sterile aera, isn't it? :confused:

Rambuster Jan 17, 2010 10:45 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 13198073)

Not if you are driven to your plane !

flysurfer Jan 17, 2010 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13198107)
    Not if you are driven to your plane !

Good to know. So if I walk to the gate, I'm not dangerous, but as soon as I'm driven there, I am and have to submit all liquids etc.?

Since I'm not smart enough to understand the FCL B logic, I'll stick with the FCT. @:-)

NewbieRunner Jan 17, 2010 11:01 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 13198073)

I don't know if it's because I was catching a flight to a paranoid regime (aka UK) but there's an elevator which takes you from the FCL B to the ground level where there's a check point complete with X-ray and WTMD staffed by 3 bored-looking officials. The elevator seems to be in no man's land and lounge personnel apparently cannot accompany pax to the lower level.

Thanks, Rambuster, for the explanation! Though I too don't understand the logic.

NewbieRunner Jan 17, 2010 11:06 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 13198147)
    Since I'm not smart enough to understand the FCL B logic, I'll stick with the FCT. @:-)

I thought you avoided FRA. :p

Rambuster Jan 17, 2010 11:08 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13198183)
    I don't know if it's because I was catching a flight to a paranoid regime (aka UK) but there's an elevator which takes you from the FCL B to the ground level where there's a check point complete with X-ray and WTMD staffed by 3 bored-looking officials. The elevator seems to be in no man's land and lounge personnel apparently cannot accompany pax to the lower level.

Thanks, Rambuster for the explanation! Though I too don't understand the logic.

You need to rephrase all of this for this thread. It should read:

- Complain strongly to the security staff that QR drive you the plane too at DOH without having to go through additional security
    - Insist on taking the bottles of wine you boosted from the lounge with you
    - the 100ml rule only applies to non-F pax (and terrorists)

flysurfer Jan 17, 2010 11:15 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13198206)
    I thought you avoided FRA. :p

Just in case I can't avoid it.

I had to go through FRA three horrible times last year w/o travelling in LH F (including the *A Megado). And I've already scheduled a trip to MAD on LA metal. :(

NewbieRunner Jan 17, 2010 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13198215)
    - Complain strongly to the security staff that QR drive you the plane too at DOH without having to go through additional security

But I thought it was the limo driver who was suspicious and had to be wanded according to another thread.

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 13198254)
    I had to go through FRA three horrible times last year w/o travelling in LH F (including the *A Megado).

FRA at 5am was a breeze. ;) For the HONs among the MegaDo participants, the FCT unfortunately wasn't open yet.

p.s. I'd better rephrase the above for this thread.

- Complain that you had to be driven to the plane by a dubious character whom the airport security obviously didn't trust.
    - Complain you were driven to the plane too early before other pax arrived by bus and therefore missed the opportunity to show off.

weero Jan 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by andre1970 (Post 13196411)
    If, by any chance, you are asked to line up for screening at the FCT, publicly reprimand the security staff on their incompetence in using the "search function"

While a great insider FT joke ^, never underestimate the denseness of the security lemmings. A complex and abstract insult such as this one would probably not sink in within a reasonable amount of time.

sunseeker Jan 18, 2010 12:44 am

let staff know you have been expecting an upgrade to "R" class and leave no doubt about your disbelieve there isn't any....

complain no amenity kits have been handed to your children back in Y class...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...s-economy.html

totti Jan 18, 2010 1:50 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 13198254)
    And I've already scheduled a trip to MAD on LA metal. :(

Want to try the LA C seat? ;)