FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1040252-definitive-lh-first-experience-thread-including-how-maximize.html)

more4less Jan 17, 2010 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13191554)
- Insist on the airplane being moved to an apron position (away from a gate) so that the limo ride can be maximised

If posible, in a different aiport

andre1970 Jan 17, 2010 12:46 am

If, by any chance, you are asked to line up for screening at the FCT, publicly reprimand the security staff on their incompetence in using the "search function"

sunseeker Jan 17, 2010 2:03 am

to the OP

make sure you get the movie copyrights for this thread, title:
"Spinal Tap 2.0" ! ;)

supermasterphil Jan 17, 2010 2:25 am

I wouldn't doubt this one makes it into TalkMail ^

rorschi Jan 17, 2010 2:39 am

Reading all the posts proves that you guys have made lots of experiences in F :D ;)

Jack Napier Jan 17, 2010 3:00 am

I can't wait to spend my $1,000 on US DM
Is there some Formule 1, Etap or easyhotel close to any FCL/FCT?

:p

totti Jan 17, 2010 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13192939)
Glad to bring back the fun to the M&M forum !

Has the fun part ever disappeared from the M&M forum given thread like this one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...provement.html ;)

Nice idea, though Rambuster ^

DownUnderFlyer Jan 17, 2010 4:10 am

Thanks Rambuster! I see the CES has inspired your sense of humour again.

A few more points:
- Complain about the atrocious F service at your home airport (PAD)
- Complain that there is no direct flight PAD-FRA.
- Complain to the FA on the CR7 to MUC that you thought the D-BERT plane over there would take you to FRA as part of the LH Private Jet program. Make sure you mention how much money you have paid.
- Go to the MUC SEN cafe and tell the lounge dragon how awful the lounge is and that you will now retire to a proper F Lounge. Make sure enough people hear this.
- A321 to FRA? Where is the F cabin?
- Compliment the PA at the FCT. Mention her hair.
- At the FCL B, tell the attendant that you want to credit the miles for this O class flight to your AB account.
- On the 744, head straight for the nose and complain about the lousy F seat.
- Mention that you want to be picked up by ladies in yellow uniforms.
- Complain about not getting 83a
- Make sure you show your displeasure with having to put up with a neigbour
- SYD QF F Lounge is so much better
- Ask whether your GF can move from 56F to 81K.
- Ask whether the kids (traveling as unaccompanied minors) can visit you for dinner

Rambuster Jan 17, 2010 5:13 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 13196773)
- SYD QF F Lounge is so much better

Actually the QF F lounge in SYD is quite spectacular ! ^

fradoc Jan 17, 2010 5:46 am

If you suffer from fear of flying - the FRA lounge run (TM)

ROFL!
... and don't forget to complain about too much cabbage in LH F meals.

Even those who suffer from fear of flying can maximise the experience doing the FRA lounge run(TM):

1. Buy a fully refundable F ticket.
2. Get the lounge warden schedules and work out a sophisticated lounge itinerary to visit every lounge at FRA without running into the same warden twice. FCA-TOL-SEA-BUA-FCB-SEB-BUB-FCB-...-FCT. Instead of collecting miles, collect snacks, wine, single malts (double count), duckies (triple count).
3. Enter the FCL A (FCA). Make sure to bring your whole gang. Maximising the experinece alone is boring.
4. If in SEN or Business lounges, distinctly complain about the inferior quality of the food (if you feel the quality is really sub-par do not hesitate to use the term "eats") and drinks. Ensure that the other guests learn that the food in the FCL/FCT is waaay better. Re: Kartoffelsalat mit Würstchen: "Pub food!" Do not notice that before two servings of potato salad and five sausages.
5. You can repeat the same spiel in the FCL: SIN, SYD, BKK, DXB have much higher quality food in the Diamond, Oasis, Ruthenium* lounge. Add: "By the way- I do not believe these recipes are created by Juan Amador, I am at Juan's regularly, that's not him!"
6. The highlight will be a visit to the spa. But lo and behold: If I pay for a €8.000 ticket, it is outrageous to pay for the spa! Write a complaint letter at the lounge.
7. Really smart FRA lounge runners visit each lounge at least twice and include the FCT in the middle of their intinerary.
8. A Bachelor's Night is an ideal opportunity to do the big FRA lounge run(TM). In this case, wear a "Lusthansa" or "SEN sucks" T-Shirt. If the lounges close you may continue in downtown Frankfurt. Also here make sure everyone overhears that the LH FCT is sooo coool.
9. In the Bahhofsviertel, make fun of all those Rednecks here. If waiting afterwards at the central ER with a broken nose/orbit/cheekbone/jaw complain about the long waiting times: At the LH F lounges everyone was at your disposition immediately!
10. Do not forget to have the ticket refunded.

* Thanks, weero, I really like that one!

f4freeJunior Jan 17, 2010 5:53 am

Definitely the best thread since a very long time :D.

Here's another one..

Complain that nobody came to pick you up with a limo at your office/home. Even EK is providing this service for C/F pax.

macabus Jan 17, 2010 6:30 am

Almost forgot about this one...

- Snatch a full bottle of wine from the bar area when no one's looking and stuff it in your carry-on.

- Repeat until carry-on is filled to capacity.

NewbieRunner Jan 17, 2010 6:38 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 13196969)
Complain that nobody came to pick you up with a limo at your office/home. Even EK is providing this service for C/F pax.

Even BD offers a chauffer drive service for C pax on mid-haul.

Originally Posted by macabus (Post 13197073)
- Snatch a full bottle of wine from the bar area when no one's looking and stuff it in your carry-on.

- Repeat until carry-on is filled to capacity.

Sorry, but no more than 100ml of liquid in your carry-on.

rorschi Jan 17, 2010 7:11 am

Go to any biz-lounge in the airports you flying through - just for listening "you fly FIRST CLASS - so you have access to our FIRST CLASS LOUNGES" as many times as possible.

flysurfer Jan 17, 2010 7:25 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13196326)
  • Invite the maximum number of guests (family members & companion) into the FCT