The definitive "How to maximise the LH F experience" thread!

Old Mar 21, 19, 12:36 am

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF View Post

For less frequent travellers (like myself), the PA is lovely, but there's not a lot they can really do for you. They printed out a connecting boarding pass for me once that couldn't be done at check-in... going online through the 'manage booking' function to check me in and print out a boarding pass on A4 paper (this saved me having to exit and go to a check-in desk at my transit point). And they come and get you when the car is ready. But I also manage to keep track of time in the regular Fcls
My one experience when the PA was very helpful was when my friend had an issue to be checked in for the F segment as LH did not deduct the change fee on an award ticket when he changed it from C to F. PA took all the necessary details and sorted it out with M&M herself and only brought us the BPs.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 19, 2:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN
I like the van because if you play your cards right you can call shotgun and sit up front with a much better view. Also the look on the faces of the HONs getting the van is priceless.
chris63, JohnRain, N1003U and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 21, 19, 2:52 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
I like the van because if you play your cards right you can call shotgun and sit up front with a much better view. Also the look on the faces of the HONs getting the van is priceless.
The faces of (for the most part) Americans who told everybody at the office already that they will get a ride to the plane in a Porsche are even better.
chris63, MichielR and JohnRain like this.
Old Mar 21, 19, 3:30 am

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post

The faces of (for the most part) Americans who told everybody at the office already that they will get a ride to the plane in a Porsche are even better.
You can always 'maximize' the experience by asking your PA to assign you a Porsche instead of a van.
Old Mar 21, 19, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by shady View Post
You can always 'maximize' the experience by asking your PA to assign you a Porsche instead of a van.
You can ask, but the usually use whatever vehicle is most suitable. On my first visit to the FCT this year, I explicitly requested an E-Porsche, as it was the first time I saw them parked downstairs from the area with the relax chairs. We ended up in a van. Two weeks later I did not say anything and ended up in a hybrid Porsche.
Old Mar 21, 19, 6:37 am

Programs: Lufthansa, United
So a PA makes you feel better about yourself because they feign care for your personal life (all the while, deep down inside, despising the whole thing because of the blatant inequality between you and that person). And this kinship is great despite the fact that theyíre paid to do it, and that in any other social scenario would never willingly sit in the same room as you.

I think Iím OK. Just a hunch.

On the not letting me forget I have to board a flight front, i have yet to miss a flight without the reminder. But then again thatís the purpose of insurance. Statistically, the event should be rare, but it gives you a good safety net just in case.

Does that insurance make the FCT better than the FCL? No idea. I do know that whenever I have to stay longer than two hours I want to kill myself either way.
Old Mar 21, 19, 7:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
I do know that whenever I have to stay longer than two hours I want to kill myself either way.
The point of this thread is the exact opposite: to maximise the F experience
Old Mar 21, 19, 9:20 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
So a PA makes you feel better about yourself because they feign care for your personal life (all the while, deep down inside, despising the whole thing because of the blatant inequality between you and that person). And this kinship is great despite the fact that theyíre paid to do it, and that in any other social scenario would never willingly sit in the same room as you.

On the not letting me forget I have to board a flight front, i have yet to miss a flight without the reminder. But then again thatís the purpose of insurance. Statistically, the event should be rare, but it gives you a good safety net just in case.

Does that insurance make the FCT better than the FCL? No idea. I do know that whenever I have to stay longer than two hours I want to kill myself either way.
Of course not

Your choice if you donít, itís just one other thing I donít have to think about whilst Iím dealing others...

As a frequent flyer I have travel insurance but not anything Iím going to be needing whilst in the care of the FCT.
Old Mar 22, 19, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

Actually I don't think that's the case! They engage because they want to and I think they do have a genuine interest in their pax, especially the ones they have built up rapport with over the years. Same as on board - which I describe much like a cross between visiting your best friend... and your mother.

I admit I'm not nearly important enough to not be able to worry about what time it is or to be aboe to keep an eye on departure time. So that 'benefit' doesn't swing the FCT v FCL for me.
Old Mar 22, 19, 3:52 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Your choice if you don’t, it’s just one other thing I don’t have to think about whilst I’m dealing others...

Departing from FRA I really appreciate the FCT with valet parking and the short times from arrival to boarding. It saved me more than once to really reach my flight. And Yes, you don't have to think about when the right time is to leave a lounge for boarding.

No big deal, BUT...
... I really managed several years ago in MUC to be stupid. Not about when leaving the FCL, but about my direction. Without thinking I turned right towards the end of T2 before I recognized 10 minutes later that I was wrong. Of course I went a bit faster the other direction but arrived too late at the correct gate. Gate personal told me that they even tried to reach me in the FCL but had to close my flight 5 minutes earlier.

Well , it was a simple MUC-FRA connection so I could jump on the next flight an hour later. But it proved me again, routine is sometimes the opponent of doing things right.

Can't happen in the FCT. Even the driver that once drove me to an aircraft at the apron that was visibly out of service that moment he managed bringing me to the right plane soon after.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 22, 19, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
Can't happen in the FCT.
That's a wonderful feature of the FCT. However, on recent flights from both the FCLs in A and B, staff told me they would come and get me when the car is ready and they did. I really appreciated it, as I do like the FCLs.
Old Mar 22, 19, 5:16 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
That's a wonderful feature of the FCT. However, on recent flights from both the FCLs in A and B, staff told me they would come and get me when the car is ready and they did..
FCLs are great, of course. But FCL A has no car service and FCL B only for Non-Schengen departues to Z/C/Apron.
Old Mar 22, 19, 5:22 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
FCLs are great, of course. But FCL A has no car service and FCL B only for Non-Schengen departues to Z/C/Apron.
???? I had a car from FCL A just yesterday...

No car service however if plane has a gate position (and BRU/LUX apron flights).
Old Mar 22, 19, 5:50 am

Programs: Lufthansa, United
Actually I don't think that's the case! They engage because they want to and I think they do have a genuine interest in their pax, especially the ones they have built up rapport with over the years. Same as on board - which I describe much like a cross between visiting your best friend... and your mother.
When paying for a service, you can never really be sure about how genuine someone is in their care. You call it a sincere attempt to engage. I just call it good customer service. Not a bad thing in either case, but you donít need to make the effort to seek it out unless youíre generally in the habit of paying for companionship and company. Iím not casting any judgment on that. Everyone has different needs, and some are lonelier than others. Frequent travel at this level has an impact.
Old Mar 22, 19, 5:56 am

Had a car from A to my plane, but will gladly admit that it was parked at an apron position. So for flights from airbridges, thatís right, the FCT has the advantage that it always provides car transport.

Search this Thread