FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1040252-definitive-lh-first-experience-thread-including-how-maximize.html)

pkormann Feb 12, 2018 7:12 am

yeah, for the tour to happen definitely the porsche will have to be earlier

i'll try to anticipate it as soon as i arrive there. flying thursday, not doing online changes

worldclubber Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am

Originally Posted by pkormann (Post 29407900)
yeah, for the tour to happen definitely the porsche will have to be earlier

i'll try to anticipate it as soon as i arrive there. flying thursday, not doing online changes

Why not take the car for a spin and then do a self-guided tour in the city? Frankfurt is fairly easy to navigate.

pkormann Feb 12, 2018 12:02 pm

yeah, that's probably what i'll do
i loved doing these guided tours on some european cities, but the schedule doesnt fit

would be possible to leave my carry on in any of the lounges to go out for a few hours?

GeezerCouple Feb 13, 2018 2:37 pm

LH F seats in 747 (middle pair vs. sides) - size difference?

What a nice surprise!
We just got 2 Lufthansa F seats to FRA later this month https://boards.cruisecritic.com/imag...oji-smile-1742
This is in the 747, with the 8 seats up front, not upstairs (if that is still done in some other 747 models).

We got the one middle pair, but I wanted to double check 2 things:
First, does the divider slide down so we could see each other, talk a bit, etc.?

Second, a photo from inside the F Cabin makes it look like those two middle seats have a bit less space, especially towards the foot area, because the Cabin is slowly shrinking in width as one moves forward. It looks like the window seat occupant would have some space next to the bed before standing in the aisle. But it looks like the bed in the middle seat comes fully to the edge of the opening, so that if one wanted to get up, one would be putting one's legs right into the aisle.
I'm less concerned about privacy (there are very few other pax, of course, even if F is full, only 8 total), but I'm more worried about a more cramped feeling INside the "suite".

Does anyone have any experience with the space *inside* the middle two "suites" vs. the window suites?

This was quite an unexpected surprise a few hours ago. We had been led to believe this would be almost impossible to get with awards, given that we have no LH "status" (meaning we had to wait until almost the last minute, when there might be no availability, etc.).

Many thanks for any info.

And any other suggestions about enjoying our time on LH F, and in the F lounge/terminal would be appreciated.
Thus far, our new-ish adventures in sampling "F" as part of our travel experience include JL and CX (nice indeed; the bed width was amazing).
We'll have a several-hour layover before continuing on to Oslo.
I assume the car service to the plane only works for flights where the outbound from FRA is in F? (The Oslo flight doesn't have F, so we're J there.)

Many thanks!

GC

worldclubber Feb 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Just a few answers:

There is virtually no diffference between the F-seats on the B748, and the middle seats are indeed the only ones that allow a conversation with a companion. Yes, the screen slides down on the push of a button.

Concerning your other questions: Please take a look at this "maximizing the F-experience" thread and the "access to the FCT" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...t-faq-263.html), which will give you many ideas and answer most of your questions.

Enjoy the experience!

GeezerCouple Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 29412859)
Just a few answers:

There is virtually no diffference between the F-seats on the B748, and the middle seats are indeed the only ones that allow a conversation with a companion. Yes, the screen slides down on the push of a button.

Concerning your other questions: Please take a look at this "maximizing the F-experience" thread and the "access to the FCT" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...t-faq-263.html), which will give you many ideas and answer most of your questions.

Enjoy the experience!

Thank you very much.
(That photo must have just had some sort of odd angle, I guess.)

We are not only fortunate to have gotten two LH F seats, but also to be able to get that pair :)

This will be a wonderful way to start our trip.

Thanks again, and thanks for the link to the FCT info!

GC

worldclubber Feb 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by GeezerCouple (Post 29413035)
We are not only fortunate to have gotten two LH F seats, but also to be able to get that pair :)

They are great for a couple, but not so popular with single travelers, as you sit fairly close to the passenger next to you, by first class standards.

When I fly by myself always take 1A or 1K. When we travel as a couple, I am torn between sitting next to my companion and the window. On an upcoming flight it will thus be window on the outbound (daytime to North America) and middle seats inbound (nighttime flight to Europe). ;)

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Feb 14, 2018 12:48 am

Originally Posted by GeezerCouple (Post 29412764)
... But it looks like the bed in the middle seat comes fully to the edge of the opening, so that if one wanted to get up, one would be putting one's legs right into the aisle.

And any other suggestions about enjoying our time on LH F, and in the F lounge/terminal would be appreciated.

TBH I haven't ever paid attention to the 'legs into the aisle in bed mode' thing! But the only seat I can think of at the moment where you don't have to do that is Thai Airways' old F cabins in row 1. Every other seat the bed is formed by joining up the ottoman with the seat and the only way to exit is straight off the bed into the aisle (I include CX in that).

I'd just head straight to the first class lounges in the main terminal. Not worry about trekking to the First class terminal. The lounges are some of the best in the world.

Unterwegs Feb 14, 2018 8:34 am

The middle pair in the 748 has a less wide leg rest and is fairly close to the window seats. But it allows you to talk to your companion. If you fly F primarily to get some good sleep I would ick row 1 or 2. If you will be awake most of the flight then the middle pair is best.

Kid Flyer Feb 25, 2018 2:14 am

Tomorrow I will be having the pleasure, for the first time , to fly first class MUC -PVG. I have a connecting flight from NUE. Will I be picked up by a car since The flight is operated by CRJ and will it take me to the lounge? Will I be driven from the lounge to the aircraft in MUC to my long haul flight? Thanks for a quick feedback

andywaw Feb 25, 2018 2:28 am

Upon landing in MUC, you will be picked up by a limo only if the arrival flight is operated by Lufthansa and the plane is not parked at a gate.

klausa Feb 25, 2018 5:32 am

I'd be _really_ impressed if after limo pick-up on apron position in MUC you'd be driven the ~400 km to the FCT :D

andywaw Feb 25, 2018 6:19 am

LOL, I am sorry, I confused MUC with FRA, my bad. Nevertheless the information was correct, the limo will not drive you to the FCT ;)

GeezerCouple Feb 25, 2018 8:45 am

Next week, we'll be flying LH F for the first time, on the flight from BOS, arriving in FRA.
Because it's a 747, does that mean it will be unlikely to be parked away from the terminal?
How does the "car pickup" work in that case, given that one is not far from the building (the short distance of the walkway)?

And when we depart FRA, although we "paid" (awards) for F for the entire trip, there isn't F on some of the shorter flights within Europe, so our next flight is in "business class" (apparently regular seats, with the middle one blocked).
Do they drive "F"-ticketed passengers to the next flight if there is no actual F cabin on connecting flights?

We have a long layover, so we aren't sure if we'll stay at the FCL in the main terminal, or head over to the FCT to check it out.
(A "critical" determining factor might be <joke alert> whether the little yellow duckies are the same in both lounge areas :) I remember seeing photos of two styles.)

Thanks.

GC

Dschaimz Feb 25, 2018 8:53 am

Originally Posted by GeezerCouple (Post 29456555)
Next week, we'll be flying LH F for the first time, on the flight from BOS, arriving in FRA.
Because it's a 747, does that mean it will be unlikely to be parked away from the terminal?
How does the "car pickup" work in that case, given that one is not far from the building (the short distance of the walkway)?

And when we depart FRA, although we "paid" (awards) for F for the entire trip, there isn't F on some of the shorter flights within Europe, so our next flight is in "business class" (apparently regular seats, with the middle one blocked).
Do they drive "F"-ticketed passengers to the next flight if there is no actual F cabin on connecting flights?

We have a long layover, so we aren't sure if we'll stay at the FCL in the main terminal, or head over to the FCT to check it out.
(A "critical" determining factor might be <joke alert> whether the little yellow duckies are the same in both lounge areas :) I remember seeing photos of two styles.)

Thanks.

GC

With a 99.99% probability, you will arrive at a gate. For the answer to your question about being driven to the plane even though your onward flight is in c the answer is yes as long as you go the FCT or a FCL in a different concourse to your departing flight.