FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1040252-definitive-lh-first-experience-thread-including-how-maximize.html)

NYC1 Jul 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Dhamal (Post 28619398)
My flight arrives form EWR to Frankfurt @ 7:30 am and departs 1:30 pm ish continue to Del on A380. What to do for 5.4 hr layover? am I cutting it short for the frankfurt city tour which leaves at 9:30 am for 2 hr tour, will I have enough time to get back an pass through security to see the tour? Or just shower up and pass time in the lounge?

It's enough time to do the tour but you won't have much time in the lounge on the way back. You could probably make it back to the airport by around 11:50/noon. You should definitely go to the FCT on the way back. Security etc. will take a couple (literally) minutes and they will take you out of the lounge to go to the car/plane at around 12:50. So somewhere between 50-60 minutes in the FCT.

If you want more time in the lounges, you could go to the FCL A/B or FCT from 730 until about 9 on arrival.

I would do the tour if you haven't been to Frankfurt but it depends on what you want to do.

You could always do the Porsche experience for a couple hours instead.:)

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Aug 3, 2017 6:43 am

Quick question... do either of the FCLs at FRA have baths like the FCT, or do they offer showers only?

NewbieRunner Aug 3, 2017 7:13 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 28642691)
Quick question... do either of the FCLs at FRA have baths like the FCT, or do the offer showers only?

Both FCL A and FCL B have baths.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Aug 3, 2017 7:20 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 28642780)
Both FCL A and FCL B have baths.

Excellent. Thanks ^

worldclubber Aug 4, 2017 7:34 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 28642811)
Excellent. Thanks ^

And all have ducks! ;)

You may have to ask for them, however, there were no ducks in the bathrooms last week.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Aug 4, 2017 7:47 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 28647320)
And all have ducks! ;)

You may have to ask for them, however, there were no ducks in the bathrooms last week.

Yes yes, all over the ducks!

tng11 Aug 10, 2017 7:50 pm

My 12 hour layover all went according to plan as follows:

05:20 - arrive FRA and walk to FCT and let them know I want to rent a Porsche and will be back later
05:45 - begin indulging on breakfast at FCT
06:30 - bath (and pick up rubber ducky)
08:00 - drive Porsche
10:30 - return Porsche and take train towards Frankfurt Hbf
13:00 - arrive back at FCT for second lunch (already ate in the City, but I couldn't help myself)
14:00 - begin sampling whisky bar
14:30 - enjoy the Cigar Lounge along with more whisky
15:30 - enjoy a second bath (and pick up 2nd rubber ducky)
16:45 - time to be driven to Gate Z52 in Mercedes S-Class

Very rare that a 12-hour layover could be this enjoyable. :D (Though I passed out for 6 hours on the FRA-ORD flight after having a terrible sleep on the HKG-FRA flight, thanks to a passenger that snored loudly and kept shouting in his sleep during the entire flight. :mad:)

warrenw Aug 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by tng11 (Post 28674783)
My 12 hour layover all went according to plan as follows:

05:20 - arrive FRA and walk to FCT and let them know I want to rent a Porsche and will be back later
05:45 - begin indulging on breakfast at FCT
06:30 - bath (and pick up rubber ducky)
08:00 - drive Porsche
10:30 - return Porsche and take train towards Frankfurt Hbf
13:00 - arrive back at FCT for second lunch (already ate in the City, but I couldn't help myself)
14:00 - begin sampling whisky bar
14:30 - enjoy the Cigar Lounge along with more whisky
15:30 - enjoy a second bath (and pick up 2nd rubber ducky)
16:45 - time to be driven to Gate Z52 in Mercedes S-Class

Very rare that a 12-hour layover could be this enjoyable. :D (Though I passed out for 6 hours on the FRA-ORD flight after having a terrible sleep on the HKG-FRA flight, thanks to a passenger that snored loudly and kept shouting in his sleep during the entire flight. :mad:)

Did you have to walk over to the rental car area or did they bring the Porsche to the FCT for you?

Concerto Aug 11, 2017 1:50 am

That's just brilliant. You're giving me ideas!

ahcjar103 Aug 18, 2017 9:16 am

was just able to secure our first flights in LH F for departure in a couple weeks! have flown international F (CX, EY, etc) many times, however this will be a first on LH.

will be doing DFW -> FRA -> CDG, with a layover from 850 to 1625 in FRA. should give us enough time to do the 911 experience around frankfurt (i used to have a 911 C4S but autobahn is a different story than seattle) and spend time in the FCT.

thank you all for the insights; we're extremely excited!

NA-Flyer Aug 18, 2017 12:00 pm

Yesterday I tried the beef fillet at FCL B at lunch time. It was great. I recommend trying it whenever possible.

Red259 Aug 18, 2017 10:46 pm

I want to rent a 911 but now i am reconsidering. I went to first class loung had breakfast and they told me avis doesn't open till 7. Between custom and rental issues i wont get into car till 8 at least. My boarding time is 1225 so it would really cut into my fct time especially if i get lost etc. any idea if i can do this later in trip by showing 2 week old F pass? I return to Frankfurt for my flight out but that is in SQ F.

shady Nov 6, 2017 9:20 am

Drink Champagne in the lounge until they run out of champagne glasses and they will be forced to use regular wine glass.
Complain afterwards to LH about the lack of champagne glasses in a hope of getting miles.

pkormann Feb 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Flying GRU-FRA-BCN with one leg in First, and the last in Business.

LH507 lands from GRU usually at 1030. my flight to BCN departs 2320

I have scheduled my Porsche ride for 1200. To do it after breakfast and shower in a FCL

As i have a long layover i'm thinking of ading a walking tour in Frankfurt that departs 1400.

To do the best use of the porsche ride, lounges/terminal and being able to get to/from Frankfurt Hbf in time. Should i book the porsche ride to as early as possible, or to 1700 the time i thing i will be back from the tour.
The car is confirmed, is it dangerous to change the time and lose availability
I'm thinking of doing the Rheingau route. What's the best hour for the autobahn?

worldclubber Feb 12, 2018 2:46 am

Originally Posted by pkormann (Post 29406469)
Flying GRU-FRA-BCN with one leg in First, and the last in Business.

LH507 lands from GRU usually at 1030. my flight to BCN departs 2320

I have scheduled my Porsche ride for 1200. To do it after breakfast and shower in a FCL

As i have a long layover i'm thinking of ading a walking tour in Frankfurt that departs 1400.

To do the best use of the porsche ride, lounges/terminal and being able to get to/from Frankfurt Hbf in time. Should i book the porsche ride to as early as possible, or to 1700 the time i thing i will be back from the tour.
The car is confirmed, is it dangerous to change the time and lose availability
I'm thinking of doing the Rheingau route. What's the best hour for the autobahn?

To pick up the Porsche at 1200 for the "three hour adventure" and schedule a walking tour that seems to start at the main train station at 1400, sounds like trying to squeeze too much into the day. Noon is defintely better than early evening for the Autobahn (avoiding usual rush hour times).