FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1040252-definitive-lh-first-experience-thread-including-how-maximize.html)

NewbieRunner Jan 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13241632)
At least LH has now introduced F pax and HON parking at DUS !
(if the LH marketing lingo is true, you will soon see my car parked in front of the SEN lounge ! )

What an innovative idea! @:-) HON Circle Members and First Class passengers will enjoy the benefit of using their own car as the First Class Lounge conveniently located adjacent to the Senator Lounge.

SleepOverGreenland Jan 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13242181)
What an innovative idea! @:-) HON Circle Members and First Class passengers will enjoy the benefit of using their own car as the First Class Lounge conveniently located adjacent to the Senator Lounge.

Yes, of course. This is an excellent idea. The first First-Drive-Thru lounge in aviation history. And Lufthansa wins the first award in this category for this unbeaten first experience. :D

weero Jan 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 13242247)
Yes, of course. This is an excellent idea. The first First-Drive-Thru lounge in aviation history. And Lufthansa wins the first award in this category for this unbeaten first experience. :D

And with the new terrahertz scanner technology, you might even be able to bring your car airside ... as long as there are no nailclippers anywhere on board or more than 100ml of gasoline per tank present...

jan_az Jan 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Personally I very much enjoyed my one and only LH F experience this Dec-Jan , even if LH did "misplace the bag" and forget to wait for me to go on the FC bus to the IFL :P

So, I would love to know how to do it again for 1000 euro

DownUnderFlyer Jan 26, 2010 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 13240884)
from the linked text...

"Meantime, First Class service at Frankfurt Airport has been augmented by two new lounges. Aside from Frankfurt, Lufthansa First-Class lounges are in place in Munich and Dusseldorf, London, New York and many other destinations, worldwide."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Don't forget that SEN lounges are also considered First Class Lounges.

Flying Lawyer Jan 26, 2010 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by jan_az (Post 13257250)
Personally I very much enjoyed my one and only LH F experience this Dec-Jan , even if LH did "misplace the bag" and forget to wait for me to go on the FC bus to the IFL :P

So, I would love to know how to do it again for 1000 euro

Dont forget to tell the FAs and the other pax (in particular those with revenue tickets) about the 1000 Euro US deal. This will certainly help you to get plenty of new friends.

jan_az Jan 26, 2010 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 13264731)
Dont forget to tell the FAs and the other pax (in particular those with revenue tickets) about the 1000 Euro US deal. This will certainly help you to get plenty of new friends.

Since I dont know what the 1000 Euro US deal is I wont :P. Seriously, why would anyone share that kind of information with fellow passengers that were not FT'ers. I truly don't understand this forum I guess. When there was the 1400USD deal to AKL in C that many of us upgraded to F I don't recall us regular UA flyers getting all upset about it. I greatly enjoyed my LH F experience ( which was not on whatever deal you are talking about) and would love to do it again. I surely did not "maximise" the experience ( on the way over my 55 minute connection did not even allow a peak at the lounge), but I much prefer F to Y . LH F was comfortable, the soft product was great, the FA's was nice, but IMO, UA's current hard product is better. They just don't happen to fly to India .

Flying Lawyer Jan 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by jan_az (Post 13264807)
I truly don't understand this forum I guess.

True. This thread is pure satire :D

NewbieRunner Jan 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 13263369)

"Meantime, First Class service at Frankfurt Airport has been augmented by two new lounges. Aside from Frankfurt, Lufthansa First-Class lounges are in place in Munich and Dusseldorf, London, New York and many other destinations, worldwide."
Don't forget that SEN lounges are also considered First Class Lounges.

Only for lesser beings who don't fly LH F. ;)
Hasn't anyone told LH there's no SEN lounge at LHR any more?

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 13264859)

Really? I'm gutted. :o

totti Jan 27, 2010 2:20 am

Thanks for the reminder ^ :D

SMK77 Jan 27, 2010 2:47 am

ups. reads like the real life... :-)

andre1970 Jan 27, 2010 2:56 am

Originally Posted by jan_az (Post 13264807)
...but I much prefer F to Y .

Great to see some common ground emerging in this forum...

supermasterphil Jan 27, 2010 3:03 am

Originally Posted by andre1970 (Post 13265405)
Great to see some common ground emerging in this forum...

I actually know a kid (of a flyertalker) who is currently 13 and he told me, that he likes domestic coach on CO better than First because of the food :D

His parents of course :rolleyes: and happily accept EUAs and leave him behind without any guilt ;)

andre1970 Jan 27, 2010 3:09 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 13265417)
I actually know a kid (of a flyertalker) who is currently 13 and he told me, that he likes domestic coach on CO better than First because of the food :D

Makes sense.

Kids at this age like:

1. Junk food

2. Girls (OK, not only at this age)

Re: #1 things are self-evident.

Re: #2 Beautiful girls are a rarity in premium classes.

dre_techie Jan 27, 2010 3:31 am

The satire is great, but I think it's even more entertaining to see the passive anger (only sometimes passive) in some of the posts about the US Air deal.

It's entertaining because collecting 500 miles from a geo-restricted promo by using a fake address is not frowned upon like that. Probably since 500 miles won't get you in LH F.