FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1040252-definitive-lh-first-experience-thread-including-how-maximize.html)

TRAVELSIG Jan 21, 2010 9:22 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13224933)
As was strongly hinted during the Star MegaDo.

Yes- and this will be a shame as the rest of STAR will probably follow shortly there-after. I can understand LH getting a bit annoyed- even though I really liked the article in Conde Nast, the tactic about buying a fully refundable F ticket, using the FCT, and then refunding the ticket- although the article put LH in a great light, this type of behaviour really should not be encouraged- stirkes me as someone inviting me to their home or business, treating me very well, and then on my way out I help myself to something of theirs...or did I miss something?

Jgish Jan 21, 2010 10:19 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 13225459)
Yes- and this will be a shame as the rest of STAR will probably follow shortly there-after.

UA and US can keep their F.

TRAVELSIG Jan 21, 2010 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Jgish (Post 13225902)
UA and US can keep their F.

They certainly can!
I continue to appreciate the LH product- however it would be a shame to have TG for example start to do the same thing...

Rambuster Jan 22, 2010 1:04 pm

- complain to the PAs at the FCT that the elevator is incredibly slow.

NewbieRunner Jan 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13234915)
- complain to the PAs at the FCT that the elevator is incredibly slow.

I don't see why you should complain. It helps to maximise the length of time you spend in the FCT (elevator).

Rambuster Jan 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13235272)
I don't see why you should complain. It helps to maximise the length of time you spend in the FCT (elevator).

But it minimises the time for tasking the 83 whisk(e)ys.

NewbieRunner Jan 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13235300)
But it minimises the time for tasking the 83 whisk(e)ys.

According to flysurfer they are Scotch so it should be whiskys. ;)

You can only have the 83 varities if you are sitting in row 83. If you are in row 84 you have to complain. If you are in row 1 or 2 you don't get much choice.

A few more to add to the list:

- Invite a reporter from your favourite TV show/newspaper/magazine to watch you upgrade a non-upgradable ticket to F.
- Invite the same reporter to watch you play with a rubber ducky in the FCT bath. :o
- Fly SIN-CGK in F and complain they didn't give you PJs.

NewbieRunner Jan 23, 2010 12:51 pm

FCT trivia

Since it first opened in December 2004 the FCT provided:

… 51,000 dental care sets
… 33,000 shaving sets
… 10,600 rubber ducks in the bathroom
… 12 tonnes of parmesan
… 10 tonnes of mozzarella
… 11,500 kg of prosciutto
… 30,000 slices of meatloaf
… 22,000 kg of smoked salmon
… 40,000 bottles of champagne

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/them...-terminal.html

Rambuster Jan 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13240634)
Since it first opened in December 2004 the FCT provided:

… 51,000 dental care sets
… 33,000 shaving sets
… 10,600 rubber ducks in the bathroom
… 12 tonnes of parmesan
… 10 tonnes of mozzarella
… 11,500 kg of prosciutto
… 30,000 slices of meatloaf
… 22,000 kg of smoked salmon
… 40,000 bottles of champagne

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/them...-terminal.html

I really hope they are free-range ducks ! :p

sentom Jan 23, 2010 1:42 pm

from the linked text...

"Meantime, First Class service at Frankfurt Airport has been augmented by two new lounges. Aside from Frankfurt, Lufthansa First-Class lounges are in place in Munich and Dusseldorf, London, New York and many other destinations, worldwide."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

flysurfer Jan 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 13240884)
from the linked text...

"Meantime, First Class service at Frankfurt Airport has been augmented by two new lounges. Aside from Frankfurt, Lufthansa First-Class lounges are in place in Munich and Dusseldorf, London, New York and many other destinations, worldwide."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Many other destinations, worldwide! Wow!

NewbieRunner Jan 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 13240884)
from the linked text...

"Aside from Frankfurt, Lufthansa First-Class lounges are in place in Munich and Dusseldorf, London, New York and many other destinations, worldwide."

MUC has the FCL, JFK has the FC floor, LHR has a *A lounge with a FC section, and DUS will have an FCL if Rambuster has his way. :D

After all DUS is one of the hubs. :confused:

NewbieRunner Jan 23, 2010 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13240881)
I really hope they are free-range ducks ! :p

They must be free-range because they've flown all over the world. Perhaps alex0683de can create a flight map for them. ;)

ngfan Jan 23, 2010 3:16 pm

A question to be asked later in the year to the purser for all F pax onboard D-AIMA: "Where are the showers ?"

Rambuster Jan 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13240959)
MUC has the FCL, JFK has the FC floor, LHR has a *A lounge with a FC section, and DUS will have an FCL if Rambuster has his way. :D

After all DUS is one of the hubs. :confused:

At least LH has now introduced F pax and HON parking at DUS !
(if the LH marketing lingo is true, you will soon see my car parked in front of the SEN lounge ! )