Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH F is *very* good, but some ideas for improvement.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by sunseeker
AMEN to this, brother!!! ^
Unfortunately, "Amen" is just wishful thinking, as certain folks keep repeating the same mantra over and over again – as if it was a secret that LH F is what it is.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:50 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
Award tickets. LH, BD, US... US was just offering the best deal to "purchase" LH F tickets. Every crisis has a silver lining... :-)

LH F is sub-standard and people purchasing full-fare tickets must be individuals who smoke bad stuff or are just not up to date what other airlines offer for same or less money. If you sell it as Business Plus and "purchase" tickets via the above ways it might be okay.

LH's unwillingness to improve the experience in the air is embarrassing. No mattress, no sheet to cover. All the DIY measures are not F.
So there has to be 'O' space available-- not always an option.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Ari
So there has to be 'O' space available-- not always an option.
Not a practical problem for me. Since LH F is so horrible and unbearable that nobody pays full fare for it, so pretty much every seat is eventually sold as O (upgrade or award), right? Heck, I once got an O class award seat 9 hours before departure on a flight with an Amadeus availability of F1.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:20 am
Uli

Originally Posted by SMK77
LH F is sub-standard and people purchasing full-fare tickets must be individuals who smoke bad stuff or are just not up to date what other airlines offer for same or less money. If you sell it as Business Plus and "purchase" tickets via the above ways it might be okay.

LH's unwillingness to improve the experience in the air is embarrassing. No mattress, no sheet to cover. All the DIY measures are not F.

i do not smoke anything at all. it just happens that if you live at an LH hub that they do offer the best flight options. more important for me than the inflight product is time-saving ... and i will not fly from FRA to PVG with TG or CX if I have to change planes somewhere and loose time.

in regards to your second point, i strongly agree. if i would not live near an LH hub and had to change planes anyway then i would avoid them -- and probably save money and get a better service as well.

i just want to point out that there are scenarios in which some people might book LH F without being on drugs.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Uli
i do not smoke anything at all. it just happens that if you live at an LH hub that they do offer the best flight options. more important for me than the inflight product is time-saving ... and i will not fly from FRA to PVG with TG or CX if I have to change planes somewhere and loose time
my point exactly, uli. ^

however, smoking from some funny tree might not be a bad idea in order to cope with what LH is offering!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:29 am

I forgot to mention the tooth picks on LX , they alone are worth the ZRH connection .
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:30 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Uli
i do not smoke anything at all. it just happens that if you live at an LH hub that they do offer the best flight options. more important for me than the inflight product is time-saving ... and i will not fly from FRA to PVG with TG or CX if I have to change planes somewhere and loose time.
Sometimes the best option isn't always about inflight product, like you point out. If one wants a nonstop and wants to fly in F, there's nothing wrong with paying for it on LH.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Ari
Sometimes the best option isn't always about inflight product, like you point out. If one wants a nonstop and wants to fly in F, there's nothing wrong with paying for it on LH.
Absolutely ,any time . Nothing wrong with flying LH F . Do it all the time , and happy . LX is just better in air , and they serve Louise as well.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Ari
ari, you - like others before- hit the nail on the head, since this is exactly the point.

the thing i am struggling to understand is why people using LH for those and no other reasons seem to be somewhat barred from exclaiming issues about the LH FC experience at all in the opinion of some "contributors" to this forum.

just for all of us to remeber, the OP was fine with his LH experience overall; fine with me, but the header also reads "room for improvements", which is fair comment imho....
Old Jan 11, 2010, 5:00 am

Nothing wrong with flying LH F

Originally Posted by seat 1a
Absolutely ,any time . Nothing wrong with flying LH F . Do it all the time , and happy . LX is just better in air , and they serve Louise as well.
NOTHING?
i love your sense of humor, mate!!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
why don't you just enlighten us about how much you like the milky screens the size of a cellphone monitor with a choice of 5 old movies max., the 3rd class spirits (wines are usually fine, i give you that), the italian farm "caviar" and the (nonexisting) taste of it, the seafood smelling like the poor creature has died behind a radiator weeks ago, which even the FA's feel ashamed of, the worn out (though spacy) seats, the power outlets, that won't feed a standart Dell plug, a.s.o., a.s.o....

maybe if you would, we would all wake up from a bad dream Lufthansa calls First Class, which in my opinion is an insult to a dozen or more airlines who actually deliver.
So your post is crystal clear. I think it is fair to say, that you didn't fly LH F for quite some time, since you hate the current product that much. I least I would avoid it like crazy, if I would be you and would take your arguments serious. Right?

Thanks for talking about all of us and waking up from a bad dream called Lufthansa First Class.

Would you mind to reduce your list of all by 1 (me). I usually can talk for myself and in particular when it comes to my bad dreams...
Old Jan 11, 2010, 8:18 am

i never did, but i finally get tempted to ask yours, since it looks like all you have to contribute here is bashing on other peoples' opinion...
maybe you should grow a thicker skin if you cant handle the heat! i'm not bashing your opinion, i'm just fed up with the same arguments over and over again... if you don't like it, move on!

why don't you just enlighten us about how much you like the milky screens the size of a cellphone monitor with a choice of 5 old movies max.
i dont care about IFE since i tend to watch movies like TFM does, uncut and unedited... if IFE is on its during a snack, after that i usually work, or sleep...

the 3rd class spirits (wines are usually fine, i give you that), the italian farm "caviar" and the (nonexisting) taste of it, the seafood smelling like the poor creature has died behind a radiator weeks ago, which even the FA's feel ashamed of
honestly, if i want a decent meal i go to a restaurant. i was never blown away by any offering in the air, doesnt matter what airline or what COS. OS C is decent but it is still airline food...

the worn out (though spacy) seats, the power outlets, that won't feed a standart Dell plug, a.s.o., a.s.o....
ah spacey seat, all i need on a 12hr flight, power outlet was never a problem for me, the mac adapters fit. besides that you can ask the FAs for an adapter that fits any plug...

maybe if you would, we would all wake up from a bad dream Lufthansa calls First Class, which in my opinion is an insult to a dozen or more airlines who actually deliver.
now i really have to question your sanity, if its such an insult why do you keep flying it!?

you seem to be the only one here that hates the product but keeps using it for whatever reason. i for one would never do that! if i don't like the product i don't use it, period!
what you don't seem to grasp is that there is people out here that don't mind flying LH F and who are perfectly fine with the offerings (me included).

okay, you may start your next rant now.....
the only one ranting here is you...

...which is common knowledge among even LH staff, but appearently not acceptable to some ardent LH fans here.
common knowledge has nothing to do with the subjective feel of a product, and i personally (amongst others here) sleep very well in the current LH F seat, and feel very well taken care of... something i can not say about a lot of other carriers, including some 5* ones with the expensive spirits, and oh so fancy food that seems to be so important after shelling out 6-10k for a ticket...
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:11 am

i never did, but i finally get tempted to ask yours, since it looks like all you have to contribute here is bashing on other peoples' opinion...
why don't you just enlighten us about how much you like the milky screens the size of a cellphone monitor with a choice of 5 old movies max., the 3rd class spirits (wines are usually fine, i give you that), the italian farm "caviar" and the (nonexisting) taste of it, the seafood smelling like the poor creature has died behind a radiator weeks ago, which even the FA's feel ashamed of, the worn out (though spacy) seats, the power outlets, that won't feed a standart Dell plug, a.s.o., a.s.o....

okay, you may start your next rant now.....
Hilarious !!!
I sleep like a baby . No hard liquor in flight for me.

NOTHING?
i love your sense of humor, mate!!
You think I am funny , look in the mirror. mate.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This is a friendly reminder to respect the FT TOS and discuss in a friendly manner.
Respect our Diversity - link to this guideline
FlyerTalk members come from all walks of life and all parts of the world. We are as diverse in our makeup as we are alike in our passion for frequent flyer programs. Because we all bring a unique perspective to the forum, our collective experience is broadened, and we gain new insights.

Our diversity demands that we respect each other. Due to the inherent constraints of the Internet, humor, sarcasm, language and slang can be easily misinterpreted - especially when crossing cultural boundaries.

When posting a message, pay extra care to how it might be interpreted. And when you come across a post that offends you, read it with an eye toward giving the poster the benefit of the doubt.

If you have an issue with a post, please contact the member privately or contact a moderator. Do not make a situation worse by publicly responding.
Personal Attacks - link to this guideline
We encourage a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with another member, challenge the opinion or idea - not the person. Personal attacks, insults and "flaming" will not be tolerated and will be removed, and the violator will be subject to disciplinary action. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Attacks against groups or classes of job holders (such as Transportation Security Administration employees) will not be tolerated.

Do not retaliate or respond to a personal attack. Too often, when an initial attack is made, others join the fray and, instead of becoming part of the solution, become part of the problem. Do not accuse others of being trolls. Should there be members whose posts you don't care to read, you can put them on your ignore list. To do that, click on MyFlyerTalk and then on Buddy/Ignore Lists in the Miscellaneous section on the left-hand side of the page. Enter the name of a FlyerTalk member in one of the fields under Ignore List and click the Update Ignore List button.

If you feel that you are being attacked or harassed, contact a moderator.
Take care!

totti
M&M moderator
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I agree with the OP that LH can be improve certain things but there is no carrier that is absolutely perfect and doesn't need to improve anything at any time. I do complain if things go wrong or if the service is not as it should be.

What I don't understand is the LH bashing by some posters, though. If someone hates the LH F product that much and think that there are far better airlines out there offering a far better overall product (read: ground experience, cabin, price, schedule etc.) simply stop LH and switch to the other carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.