Wiki Posts
Search

FCL vs. Welcome Lounge FRA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2009, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K - DL Million Miler - AS 100K
FCL vs. Welcome Lounge FRA

I will be traveling in F on LH from JNB to FRA. Transferring to TK and traveling to IST in C. LH flight arrives at 5:30am and TK flight departs at 7:35am.

My questions are:

Do I have access to the FCL upon arrival in FRA?

If I do not have access to the FCL then is the Welcome Lounge landside a viable option taking into account my connection time?

Thanks

Houston Traveler
Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: LH, BA, MH, VS, SPG, ICH, SIXT
You will have access to the FCL, but not the FCT. Welcome Lounge is good, but not as nice, as the FCL, except the Welcome Lounge has more showers.

You will enjoy either of them for sure.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K - DL Million Miler - AS 100K
Originally Posted by spongebobkl
You will have access to the FCL, but not the FCT. Welcome Lounge is good, but not as nice, as the FCL, except the Welcome Lounge has more showers.

You will enjoy either of them for sure.
My question is because of the wording on the LH website. It reads that I will need a valid LH boarding pass for same day departure. Will they accept the TK boarding pass if it was issued by LH in JNB?

Houston Traveler
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:13 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Houston Traveler
My question is because of the wording on the LH website. It reads that I will need a valid LH boarding pass for same day departure. Will they accept the TK boarding pass if it was issued by LH in JNB?
Check this page and note the subtle difference.

Lufthansa First Class Lounge
Lufthansa and SWISS First Class Ticket : Same day First Class Boarding Pass

and (for example)

Lufthansa Senator Lounge
STAR First Class Ticket : Same day departing STAR First Class Boarding Pass

So they will accept your LH boarding pass for JNB-FRA though it was actually issued the previous day because it's an overnight flight. Your TK boarding pass will not get you into the FCL.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hyatt-ist, SPG/Marriott Gold
Luggage while using FCL as an arrival lounge?

Pardon the bumping of an old thread, but I have a tag on to this question:

I'm on LH F, terminating in FRA (actually a stopover before LH F FRA-CPT the next day) and checking luggage but, based on the above, would prefer to use the FCL for a shower and breakfast on arrival vs. the Welcome Lounge. However, my concern is for the luggage, which I assume would just be left on the belt while I'm in the lounge.

Two questions:
-What is the usual time for a bag (supposedly tagged "priority") to arrive on the belt from an arriving long-haul flight which usually parks at the far end of the B gates?
-Would an agent in the FCL be able to ring down to the baggage reclaim area upon my arrival to have someone collect my bag and hold it in left luggage or some equivalent until I'm done in the lounge?

Thanks for the feedback and helping me "maximise."

Last edited by travelingman79; Dec 30, 2010 at 3:41 pm Reason: spelling and unintended anthropomorphism of FCL
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: Topbonus: Gold, HHonors: Gold
Originally Posted by travelingman79
Pardon the bumping of an old thread, but I have a tag on to this question:

I'm on LH F, terminating in FRA (actually a stopover before LH F FRA-CPT the next day) and checking luggage but, based on the above, would prefer to use the FCL for a shower and breakfast on arrival vs. the Welcome Lounge. However, my concern is for the luggage, which I assume would just be left on the belt while I'm in the lounge.

Two questions:
-What is the usual time for a bag (supposedly tagged "priority") to arrive on the belt from an arriving long-haul flight which usually parks at the far end of the B gates?
-Would an agent in the FCL be able to ring down to the baggage reclaim area upon my arrival to have someone collect my bag and hold it in left luggage or some equivalent until I'm done in the lounge?

Thanks for the feedback and helping me "maximise."
I have the same question... I didn't want to start a new thread and found this old post.

Anybody able to help?
Just wondering how long it would take until they remove my luggage from the carousel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.