US code share FRA-MUC - miles?

Old Nov 11, 09, 7:04 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FRA
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 239
US code share FRA-MUC - miles?

Hi

Some one knows how many miles one would get for flying
US5712 class T between FRA-MUC (operated by LH obviously)

I assume it will book into LH T and earn 125 miles.
M&M hotline could not confirm due to the code share.

THX
s5804 is offline  
Old Nov 11, 09, 8:07 am
  #2  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Posts: 6,731
Fare classes don't always translate one to one from on airline to another. If T is a deep discounted Y fare class on US than it'll book in a deep discounted LH Y fare class (e.g. L,T,E) and will only earn 125 miles.
totti is offline  
Old Nov 11, 09, 8:44 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney
Programs: EY Platinum, UA PremiereG, Hilton Diamond, Aclub Gold, Hertz PCs
Posts: 61
I think you should get 125 miles for all other NON EU routes check this:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
FlyingDoctor is offline  
Old Nov 11, 09, 9:38 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BRU
Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Posts: 6,856
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctor View Post
I think you should get 125 miles for all other NON EU routes check this:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
M&M site does not give definite answers on mileage earnings when you use a codeshare. You can just guess.
SmilingBoy is offline  
Old Nov 11, 09, 11:25 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CGK
Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Posts: 5,677
Originally Posted by totti View Post
Fare classes don't always translate one to one from on airline to another. If T is a deep discounted Y fare class on US than it'll book in a deep discounted LH Y fare class (e.g. L,T,E) and will only earn 125 miles.
I don't know how well L, T and E combine with longhaul flights on one PNR. I think it's also possible that the codeshare would book into U, W or S - some kind of class that LH uses for cheap longhaul tickets (and their connecting segments within Europe).

But as always with codeshares, flying it is really the only way to find out.
alex0683de is offline  
Old Nov 16, 09, 7:53 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FRA
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 239
Originally Posted by alex0683de View Post
flying it is really the only way to find out.


With SEN in mind, why fly FRA-CLT when one can fly FRA-MUC-CLT.
Hopefully the magical cheap G fare will come back on again.
s5804 is offline  
Old Nov 16, 09, 7:59 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CGK
Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Posts: 5,677
Originally Posted by s5804 View Post


With SEN in mind, why fly FRA-CLT when one can fly FRA-MUC-CLT.
Hopefully the magical cheap G fare will come back on again.
And FRA-MUC-CLT gets you onto an LH Airbus - much better than US Scareways!
alex0683de is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread