FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   M&M Very Slow in Issuing Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1015624-m-m-very-slow-issuing-cards.html)

robertr Nov 9, 2009 11:41 pm

M&M Very Slow in Issuing Cards

My status changed to FT following a trip to USA & Europe Z class ex Syd in September- nothing special to celebrate over, however I still have the Blue Card.

How long does it take to send myself & my wife the Silver Card - it is now 6 weeks since the change in status.

Do they wait until Xmas before they are sent out?:D

Scoojitsu Nov 10, 2009 12:55 am

Hm, I don't think it took that long for me. You can give them a call and ask.
But if you get a printout of your mileage summary, you can use it the same way as the card (e.g. to get into the lounges etc.).

SKILLSEN Nov 10, 2009 2:14 am

it took less than two weeks for me to get my card.:)

SmilingBoy Nov 10, 2009 2:29 am

I think I read that it takes a bit longer to get them to Australia.

YuropFlyer Nov 10, 2009 2:44 am

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy (Post 12797775)

Most probably that is the reason.

I got my FTL card after less than 1 week after the system showed the update. I think it was 4 workdays. (to Switzerland)

sindjic Nov 10, 2009 4:04 am

I got my Senator CC about 10 days after obtaining new status, M&M pack has not yet arrived after 20 days. (Germany)

weero Nov 10, 2009 5:29 am

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy (Post 12797775)

Anything LH & M&L related too forever while I lived in Oz.

The exclusive magazine often was 2 months behind schedule (I mean not that they were ever up to date).

So I guess our OP will be safe for a while from that destructive piece of silver card.

ScotS Nov 10, 2009 6:07 am

Stupid question here, but I have been SEN for atleast 6 months, am I supppoused to receive an M&M pack or *A Card as well? I have my SEN card and got that really quickly after acheiving SEN, card has *A logo on it so I never worried about it.

totti Nov 10, 2009 6:47 am

Originally Posted by ScotS (Post 12798234)
Stupid question here, but I have been SEN for atleast 6 months, am I supppoused to receive an M&M pack or *A Card as well? I have my SEN card and got that really quickly after acheiving SEN, card has *A logo on it so I never worried about it.

If you qualified for the first time you should have gotten the welcome kit including a booklet, a "plain" SEN card (not the CC version) and 2 luggage tags. Apart from the welcome package you'll get a SEN CC if you have a M&M CC. Normally the new CC arrives before the welcome package.

If you requalify you won't get a new welcome kit but simply a new CC reflecting the new validity of your card. You can call and request new luggage tags though.

ScotS Nov 10, 2009 7:01 am

Originally Posted by totti (Post 12798398)
If you qualified for the first time you should have gotten the welcome kit including a booklet, a "plain" SEN card (not the CC version) and 2 luggage tags. Apart from the welcome package you'll get a SEN CC if you have a M&M CC. Normally the new CC arrives before the welcome package.

If you requalify you won't get a new welcome kit but simply a new CC reflecting the new validity of your card. You can call and request new luggage tags though.

Got everything I should have, Thnx Totti!

Key8 Nov 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Could it be that it takes so long because they have to issue all these M&M Cards for the previous Privilge (SN) members to have been acquired in the takeover?

totti Nov 10, 2009 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Key8 (Post 12800977)
Could it be that it takes so long because they have to issue all these M&M Cards for the previous Privilge (SN) members to have been acquired in the takeover?

Possible but as pointed out by others before it is more likely that the reason is the OPs address (SYD).

Rambuster Nov 10, 2009 2:03 pm

Of course LH issues more cards towards the end of the year when people hit the status thresholds.
When I got my new card in April they were very quick, but they did mention that they do not issue many cards in April ! :D

robertr Nov 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by totti (Post 12801128)
Possible but as pointed out by others before it is more likely that the reason is the OPs address (SYD).

I am not sure what my home city has to do with issuing a card,perhaps they are simply not interested in Australian business,maybe I should have joined United Mileage Plus in hindsight.

SmilingBoy Nov 11, 2009 1:08 am

Assuming the card gets sent from Germany by normal post, I can see quite clearly why it would take longer to get to you if you are located on the other side of the world.