Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pay for Wifi access in Biz lounge at MUC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down Pay for Wifi access in Biz lounge at MUC

Who charges for WiFi in business class lounges these days...
That is really poor service.
I saw many people in the lounge in MUC refusing to even use their laptops.

In this day and age, WiFi is a given. You don't charge for it.
Not in a biz lounge.

I asked about this and was told that in First it is free...
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Where have you been all these years, as LH always charged for WiFi in their lounges?

I agree that WiFi should be given, but then again why some hotels are charging for Internet access? So can LH.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: M&M, DC
Apparently, t-mobile Wi-Fi is free in the Welcome Lounge. At least it was - twice, earlier this month.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:36 pm

For those of us who've never flown LH, charging for WIFI, in this day and age, in the BUSINESS lounge, is absolutely dumbfounding. It's called BUSINESS class for a reason. Do they charge a fee to plug in your computer on the plane? Charge you for an amenity kit?

Any other idiosyncrasies we should know about?

We're flying CLT-MUC-IST May 5 in Business, and we specifically chose LH over US for the TA portion, fed up with ridiculous add-on fees that US imposes on its customers, and hoping for a better overall experience, with less nickel and diming. Did we jump out of the frying pan and into the fire?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, AC Gold
I agree

Shame on Lufthansa
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by trafvelblond
Who charges for WiFi in business class lounges these days... That is really poor service. I saw many people in the lounge in MUC refusing to even use their laptops. In this day and age, WiFi is a given. You don't charge for it. Not in a biz lounge.
LH is not the only offender in this regard - some BA lounges also fail to provide complimentary Wi-Fi service. In CPH, for example, one must use the airport-provided signal at about €8 (my US-based Boingo subscription brought the cost down to about half of that).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by jchock1
For those of us who've never flown LH, charging for WIFI, in this day and age, in the BUSINESS lounge, is absolutely dumbfounding. It's called BUSINESS class for a reason. Do they charge a fee to plug in your computer on the plane?
They charge for internet access on planes.
The charge fees where they can make money. Apparently they feel they can make money in the business class lounger
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN
If I remember correctly they also charge in their SEN lounges in Germany. Funny that t-mobile WiFi is free in the IAD SEN lounge (how about other US SEN lounges).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:17 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by travelblond
Who charges for WiFi in business class lounges these days...
That is really poor service.
I saw many people in the lounge in MUC refusing to even use their laptops.

In this day and age, WiFi is a given. You don't charge for it.
Not in a biz lounge.

I asked about this and was told that in First it is free...
Originally Posted by jchock1
For those of us who've never flown LH, charging for WIFI, in this day and age, in the BUSINESS lounge, is absolutely dumbfounding. It's called BUSINESS class for a reason. Do they charge a fee to plug in your computer on the plane? Charge you for an amenity kit?

Any other idiosyncrasies we should know about?

We're flying CLT-MUC-IST May 5 in Business, and we specifically chose LH over US for the TA portion, fed up with ridiculous add-on fees that US imposes on its customers, and hoping for a better overall experience, with less nickel and diming. Did we jump out of the frying pan and into the fire?
UA and AA also charge for Wifi in their lounges if you are not a RCC or AAdmirals Club member.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:38 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GuckyGucky
If I remember correctly they also charge in their SEN lounges in Germany.
It's not free in the First Class Lounges either but you can ask for a t-mobile password which is good for 2 hours.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by mvoight
They charge for internet access on planes.
The charge fees where they can make money. Apparently they feel they can make money in the business class lounger
I am OK with charging for access onboard, as it is a luxury (plus all US wifi is done by the GoGo company).

There is no excuse for paying to access the internet on the ground, having spent 3-5K on your ticket.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It's not free in the First Class Lounges either but you can ask for a t-mobile password which is good for 2 hours.
Can you ask for this password in the Biz Lounges?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by GuckyGucky
If I remember correctly they also charge in their SEN lounges in Germany. Funny that t-mobile WiFi is free in the IAD SEN lounge (how about other US SEN lounges).
Free internet in all US lounges.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:25 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by bsb21
Can you ask for this password in the Biz Lounges?
You can ask but you won't get anything other than a blank stare. They only hand out those vouchers in the F lounges, not in SEN or Biz.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
UA and AA also charge for Wifi in their lounges if you are not a RCC or AAdmirals Club member.
Not if you actually do fly in Biz!

And then it is $10 for 24h, not EUR 8 for one hour. But nonetheless, even that is unforgivable as paid services always work miserably .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.