Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

WSJ: LH To Launch A380 on FRA-JFK [merged first sheduled A380 destination thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WSJ: LH To Launch A380 on FRA-JFK [merged first sheduled A380 destination thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:36 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by andre1970
IMHO most awards are in Y. That's exactly what makes FFPs profitable.
And I thought that at least M&M is profitable because of people who spend their miles for the World Shop or simply let them expire
Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:43 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by totti
And I thought that at least M&M is profitable because of people who spend their miles for the World Shop or simply let them expire
Those guys too!

BTW, there is a lot of new info from yesterday's meeting with LH's big bosses and it would be unfair to be buried (let alone the fact that it is off-topic) in this thread.

It will be, therefore, much easier for LH (and especially for Mr Antinori who proved that he is a regular reader of this forum) to access this info and check it out.

First itinerary for the A380 is something really minor, compared to the discussions that should start here given all this new info... This is a FF forum, not a plane spotter one.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:47 am

According to what we learned yesterday, the real average Miles&More customer is spending his miles in the World Shop! As they explained, 80% of their sales are paid with miles, not money.

Even if it would affect my possibility to book awards - maybe - as I am currently a FTL, I can understand the approach. You can't serve on a "come first - serve first" basis concerning the limited amount of award flights. Antinori is well aware that there are some people who use their credit card turnover and read newspaper to achieve miles and fly on LH First Class.

They have to make sure that they treat their HONs (SENs and maybe even FTLs) better than the so called "Abo-flyer", that's for sure. Antinori in my opinion has to find the middle way for that question, as he shouldn't limit the F award seats to MM status PAX only. By doing this, he would cut out all the other *A frequent flyers - what can not be the spirit of the programme in my eyes.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
most customers (who care) will try to get on the newer aircraft, therefore higher demand.
Can this be verified
Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by seat 1a
Can this be verified
I remember somebody saying that SQ has a load of 83% on the A380 compared to 72% they have on other aicrafts on the same or similar routes. So it has some attraction, that's for sure.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:56 am

Why should F on A 380 be more booked than than F on A 340 ? , I rarely had a problem to upgrade on A 340 .

As per an earlier post in this tread it seems like LH upper management is following this forum , and we should IMHO react as we did on lounge " enhancement " on the thoughts LH currently has on number of F seats , upgrade restrictions etc on the A 380.

Last edited by seat 1a; Nov 7, 2009 at 6:01 am
Old Nov 7, 2009, 6:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by andre1970
Nah, this is typical marketing lingo within all corporations. "We are the good guys, we want to offer you stuff but, you know, those bean counters..."
Or at least he is the good guy but unfortunately others in the company are not as caring...

Originally Posted by MLang2
Antinori in my opinion has to find the middle way for that question, as he shouldn't limit the F award seats to MM status PAX only. By doing this, he would cut out all the other *A frequent flyers - what can not be the spirit of the programme in my eyes.
Why? Other *A carriers are getting away with it.

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
most customers (who care) will try to get on the newer aircraft, therefore higher demand.
Can this be verified
If you read how some FTers are not aware of the difference between the old and new configurations on LX A333, average customers are unlikely to prefer one or the other. But then more average customers may be aware of the difference between A380 and other products.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 6:35 am

[QUOTE=NewbieRunner;12783213]

If you read how some FTers are not aware of the difference between the old and new configurations on LX A333, average customers are unlikely to prefer one or the other.
Agreed

But then more average customers may be aware of the difference between A380 and other products.
Is anyone aware of this yet ? Except that LH is trying to delay deliveries as much as ever possible , 8? almost non- upgradable seats in F ,a urinal in F WC, possibly fully flat C and avod in Y
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:15 am
hch

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Antinori also confirmed that New F will have 8 seats.
And not just him but also the people who actually design LH's cabin. I trust them a lot more than any executive
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:38 am

How many 380 does LH have on order , what is current delivery schedule ?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:25 am

Totally 15 on order plus 10 options. According to what I heard on wednesday they should get one each month starting March 2010.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Why? Other *A carriers are getting away with it.
OK, I guess that sounds blue-eyed now: Because that is not the spirit of Star Alliance.

What these "other *A carriers" are doing is - in my opinion - like "OK, we play the *A game a little bit, but the best we keep for us". I am well aware that we have different service and quality levels within *A. But if they want to create a REAL Alliance, all the members have to contribute. And I think they should not contribute only the basic service they MUST do.

Might be more a wish or an imagination I have about that, but I think if every *A member only is looking to put down the service for other *A customers, the whole system will go down and be even worse than it is now. If they want to be different from others, they have to build up and keep a level *A-wide which is outstanding compared to all other carriers out there.

But that's just my 2 cents.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I'd actually appreciate if LH limited F awards to SENs and HONs. At least this would be an incentive to go for SEN instead of crediting to easy *G option like TK, BD, AC etc... (and I have played the BD game a lot!)
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Here's a picture of one of them:

http://www.starmegado.com/wp-content...1/SBM_1127.jpg
Old Nov 7, 2009, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I'd actually appreciate if LH limited F awards to SENs and HONs. At least this would be an incentive to go for SEN instead of crediting to easy *G option like TK, BD, AC etc... (and I have played the BD game a lot!)
Even if I partially understand your point of view, what about yourself using awards on other *A-carrier? Imagine UA giving away F-Awards only to 1Ks. Think of AC or NZ limiting their Executive First or Business to Super Elite respectively Gold Elite? Would you only go where LH flies or sit in Y? Because nobody says that only carriers with 3-class-products would be "allowed" to cut their available award seats down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.