FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Real Hon Circle phone# from Kassel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1014023-real-hon-circle-phone-kassel.html)

mamb0 Nov 5, 2009 9:25 am

Real Hon Circle phone# from Kassel

I am abroad and can't dial into the german 0800 phone# from the Hon Circle Hotline. Because in germany, these special service numbers are routed on regular phone numbers, esp. when abroad the regular landline # is very helpful as international calls to these special numbers sometimes wont go through.
If anyone has that number, could you please pm me or could we post these in the faq, too?
I could supply the landline number for sen hotline, which I am using now.

2035 Nov 5, 2009 9:29 am

Originally Posted by mamb0 (Post 12772139)
I am abroad and can't dial into the german 0800 phone# from the Hon Circle Hotline. Because in germany, these special service numbers are routed on regular phone numbers, esp. when abroad the regular landline # is very helpful as international calls to these special numbers sometimes wont go through.
If anyone has that number, could you please pm me or could we post these in the faq, too?
I could supply the landline number for sen hotline, which I am using now.

When abroad I just use the US 1800 HON number. Calls always go through, regular US rates. Very good service.

mh492 Nov 5, 2009 10:25 am

The German 0800 number is really pointless. I don't get how you can screw things up that much for your customers that travel a lot. So when abroad, I call the old +49 1802 993388 number via Skype. The only thing that works so far without problems.

SleepOverGreenland Nov 5, 2009 11:01 am

Originally Posted by mh492 (Post 12772612)
The German 0800 number is really pointless. I don't get how you can screw things up that much for your customers that travel a lot. So when abroad, I call the old +49 1802 993388 number via Skype. The only thing that works so far without problems.

And I just select that HON number from the contact list of my iPhone in order start dialing them and don't care where I am. ;)

seat 1a Nov 5, 2009 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 12772860)
And I just select that HON number from the contact list of my iPhone in order start dialing them and don't care where I am. ;)

^^ same, same , except i prefer blackberry;)

capetonian Nov 5, 2009 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by seat 1a (Post 12773784)

Good choice.

sentom Nov 5, 2009 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 12772860)

ditto, but i always call the austrians... most competent!

Rambuster Nov 5, 2009 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 12774343)

Don't say that too loud or often, otherwise it will be enhanced !

IKA-HON Nov 6, 2009 12:11 am

Originally Posted by mh492 (Post 12772612)

If you do this not using skype but, e.g. int the UK with a BT landline, you get charged GBP 6 per minute :mad:

So normally I call this number and if its Kassel I ask them to call me back, if not... :D

SleepOverGreenland Nov 6, 2009 1:39 am

Originally Posted by seat 1a (Post 12773784)

Originally Posted by capetonian (Post 12773799)
Good choice.

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 12774343)

Actually it doesn't matter, whether using a RIM, Apple, Nokia or whatsoever. ^

I just don't get the need for a toll free number or hassles like using skype in order to save a few dimes. :rolleyes:

D-AIPD Nov 6, 2009 6:14 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 12776965)
I just don't get the need for a toll free number or hassles like using skype in order to save a few dimes. :rolleyes:

Absolutely.

Originally Posted by IKA-HON (Post 12776794)
If you do this not using skype but, e.g. int the UK with a BT landline, you get charged GBP 6 per minute :mad:

But what's the point for LH to (make us) use telephone numbers which some phone companies use as an excuse for what is nothing but a rip-off. And that's not even talking about those who won't route such calls.

sentom Nov 6, 2009 9:22 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 12776965)

absolutely, i'd rather spend a few minutes on the phone and have someone competent on the line than call a different toll free number each and every time...

besides, i have a roaming flatrate anyway so it doesnt matter to me... ;)

D-AIPD Nov 6, 2009 9:34 am

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 12778568)
absolutely, i'd rather spend a few minutes on the phone and have someone competent on the line

haha

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 12778568)
than call a different toll free number each and every time...

Right. Just skip the toll-free in the first place and give us a regular number which is accessible from any standard telephone network worldwide.

Toll-free service numbers is simply outdated as a concept in a time where the cost of a phone call is negligeable.

mamb0 Nov 6, 2009 10:08 am

Originally Posted by D-AIPD (Post 12778638)
haha

Right. Just skip the toll-free in the first place and give us a regular number which is accessible from any standard telephone network worldwide.

Toll-free service numbers is simply outdated as a concept in a time where the cost of a phone call is negligeable.

Yes please. Again, the problem is not the wish of saving money. The problem is I cannot technically reach the german HON CIRCLE Hotline over the advertised 08000 number while being in the USofA... Just give me a real number that can be called from anywhere in the world.

SleepOverGreenland Nov 6, 2009 10:16 am

Originally Posted by mamb0 (Post 12778841)
just give me a real number that can be called from anywhere in the world.

+49 180 2 993388