Transiting FRA on LH flights, 2 seperate tickets

Old Nov 5, 09, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Transiting FRA on LH flights, 2 seperate tickets

Greetings all!
(did a search but couldn't find an answer)

FRA is my home airport, but I've never done anything like this before, yet I think it is a simple issue.

I will be flying LH on a short vacation to Venice, returning on a Sunday at 1610.
I just found out that I will need to fly FRA->LHR (on LH) on the same day at 1810. (work related)

I am a *A Gold traveling on 2 seperate tickets with a US passport. Will not have laptop with me.

Where can I get my boarding pass for the FRA->LHR flight? When I check in at Venice? Senator Lounge at FRA? Transit Desk at FRA?

Danke!

Last edited by Gamecock; Nov 5, 09 at 9:30 am Reason: Added part about not having laptop.
Old Nov 5, 09, 9:11 am

Programs: LH FTL, EB, AB, PS, VV, NH
It is almost certain that you will not be able to get your BP for LHR in Venice because you are on two separate tickets (and LH in Italy won't see your reservation in their system). Your choices are:

1) either SEN/*G lounge; or
2) transfer desk at FRA; or
3) to do online check-in 23 hrs before departure on lh.com (24 hrs if you make it on OS webpage).

In case you are traveling with luggage, it CAN be checked in Venice to LHR (via FRA). Just make sure to show to an agent in Venice either your FRA-LHR etix or online BP AND in FRA transit desk/lounge - your luggage tag so that LH knows you have bag(s) traveling with you.
Old Nov 5, 09, 9:15 am
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
deleted
Old Nov 5, 09, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Thanks olm022.

I won't be traveling with my laptop, that is what drove my question.
Old Nov 5, 09, 10:01 am

Programs: LH FTL, EB, AB, PS, VV, NH
Perhaps Internet cafe. Or mobile check-in if your phone supports this function (in order to avoild roaming costs, you do not need to download the bar code). Also telephone check-in. If I were you, I'd make sure that LH knows you are going to fly to LHR and mark you in the system as checked-in. Although you have 2hrs between the flights, sometimes things can get messy and these 45 minutes of deadline may prove to be crucial.

Search this Thread