YUL-MUC in F?

Old Nov 4, 09, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *Gold
YUL-MUC in F?

Hello everyone!

I'm looking at going to Rome, Italy and want to fly First Class. I didn't know LH had an F class prodcut from YUL-MUC until I checked this board.

I will do YUL-MUC-FCO.

However, it strikes me as odd that LH doesn't do any kind of F service to FRA from Canada (The east coast at least)

The flight I'm looking at booking is with Aeroplan Awards and it'll be in September 2010. Because this is so far out I'm afraid maybe this F route will get the axe? Does anyone know if this is a route LH has serviced in F for a while? Is this something new they are trying and may pull? I don't want to book YUL-MUC in F to be downgraded to J.

Also, does MUC have any kind of First Class Lounge, or is it just Business Class/*G lounge? Wondering if I'll get any special treatment flying into MUC in F like I would flying into FRA in F?

Thanks Guys.
Old Nov 5, 09, 12:48 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
What you fear could of course happen. LH475 is an A330 which is scheduled to have 8F seats.
Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC View Post
..However, it strikes me as odd that LH doesn't do any kind of F service to FRA from Canada (The east coast at least)
You mean the same full service as they do on the longer flights?
I don't want to book YUL-MUC in F to be downgraded to J.
They would either compensate you or reroute you though .. so I wound't be all that worried.

And yes, MUC has full First Class facilities, so you should be fine. The product should be even more consistent than in FRA .. but our HONs know these things infinitely better.
Old Nov 5, 09, 1:38 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
YUL-MUC-YUL is a seasonal serivce operated by LH for the last 4 summers and for the period of 1st April to End of OCT.

The plane serving this route is always having first class product as all the flights out of MUC is now having First class.

I flew that flight many times in the last 4 years and load on First is always low 3 to 4 passengers mostly upgrades with miles or cash at the counter or free tickets.

I doubt that LH will cancel the first class on that flight in the next year schedule as low loads show that LH knows from the begining that YUL route is not First class route but they keep sending the plane with First class.

As on arrival in MUC you can use the First class lounge that has schnegen and non schengen sections and it is sinillar in all facilities to the ones you find in FRA. It is very nice and comfy and has everything you need.
Old Nov 5, 09, 2:50 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by LH/LX View Post
YUL-MUC-YUL is a seasonal serivce operated by LH for the last 4 summers and for the period of 1st April to End of OCT.

The plane serving this route is always having first class product as all the flights out of MUC is now having First class.

I flew that flight many times in the last 4 years and load on First is always low 3 to 4 passengers mostly upgrades with miles or cash at the counter or free tickets.

I doubt that LH will cancel the first class on that flight in the next year schedule as low loads show that LH knows from the begining that YUL route is not First class route but they keep sending the plane with First class.

As on arrival in MUC you can use the First class lounge that has schnegen and non schengen sections and it is sinillar in all facilities to the ones you find in FRA. It is very nice and comfy and has everything you need.
Almost correct.

Just the FCL in MUC has one section only, that can be entered from Schengen level and Non-Schengen level. There is a passport check upon Non-Schengen entry. If the departure is on Schengen level you get the passport back and can leave anytime without further control. If departure is Non-Schengen, they simply keep the passport until you will leave the lounge for the Non-Schengen level.
Old Nov 9, 09, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *Gold
thanks for the feedback everyone.
I managed to get two F seats on this flight, it seems really wide open for it's entire seasonal run!
It says I'll be arriving in Terminal 2 YUL-MUC and then departing Terminal 2 MUC-FCO. I assume Terminal 2 is a dedicated LH Terminal ( Like the one in LHR for BA and the one in YYZ T1 for AC) I don't know what Schengen and Non-schengen levels are however I will look up the airport layout and hopefully will find out more information on the airports website.

I've heard they pick you up at the airplane in a sedan. Should be fun.
Old Nov 10, 09, 2:06 am

Programs: LH SEN
Terminal 2 is the Star Alliance Terminal in MUC, mostly LH of course. They have two levels, gates H (on top) and gates G (below). Arriving from overseas you will probably arrive at an H gate and depart for FCO from G. I have never been to the FCL but I think you can use it from both levels.
To FCO it will probably be an aircraft of the A320 family. If it is parked at an outside parking position you will get the sedan service (S-Class Mercedes or Porsche Cayenne; if they still use those next year).
If the flight departs from a gate position there is no sense driving there. Can just walk a few meters and board.

Hope you have a good flight and a good time in FCO!

Edit: Map of MUC T2: http://www.lufthansa.com/cdautils/me...dia_697064.pdf
Old Nov 10, 09, 9:30 am

When you arrive from YUL walk to the security check for non-Schengen flights (don't follow the signs for your G-Gate, go to the H-Gates - there is usually somebody standing at there with a first class sign).
Go thru security (don't go thru immigration). Find the First Class lounge. Enter there. There is a immigration booth inside the lounge. Show your passport, use the lounge.
Then go downstairs (inside the lounge) either to the car counter (when your flight is leaving at an outside position) or just walk to the gate. They will tell you what to do and when you need to be there when entering the lounge.
Don't forget to get the duck from the bathrooms!
Old Nov 10, 09, 9:47 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Unterwegs View Post
I want one!
Old Nov 10, 09, 3:34 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by Unterwegs View Post
Awesome!!!!

Search this Thread