FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   is seat selection possible online after I bought my tix (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1008008-seat-selection-possible-online-after-i-bought-my-tix.html)

S*Flyer Oct 20, 2009 2:28 pm

is seat selection possible online after I bought my tix

This question goes out to all you LH experts

Is it possible after you have purchased your ticket CPH-FRA-IAD-MCO to select/reserve your seat with Lufthansa?

Subsequently is it possible in addition to register your loyalty program number anywhere?

And finally, does S*Gold status give you any preferences, or "better" selection of seats in Y-class

This is actually my first longhaul flight ever on Lufthansa, despite S*Gold status with SAS, and many overseas flights, so I am not quite sure what to expect.

Looking forward to read your comments

:-: Flyer

taigatrommel Oct 20, 2009 2:39 pm

About your seat, just call your local LH hotline (number on the LH website in 'contact'). With the booking reference (6 digit alphanumeric code) the hotline is able to allocate seats on the longhaul.
The hotline is also able to add xour FFP number.

EBG silver owners have not any perks on LH flights - sorry.

taigatrommel

NewbieRunner Oct 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by S*Flyer (Post 12678805)
And finally, does S*Gold status give you any preferences, or "better" selection of seats in Y-class

By S*Gold I assume you mean *Gold (I initially thought you were *S=Silver). I don't think there's anything official about better seat selection in Y but it's definitely worth registering your status as they may block the seat next to you if the load is light and there have been reports of *Gs getting op-ups from Y to C.

German-FLyer Oct 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Calling LH with the booking code is probably easiest as taigatrommel already pointed out.

Now I don't know whether you are having a wanted stop-over in IAD, but if you don't and your ticket is flexible you might also wan't to look into the direct FRA-MCO flight. It's currently operated by an A330-300 with in-seat entertainment, so that might make the flight more bearable than in a B747 (assuming you are taking the LH operated flight from FRA to IAD).

S*Flyer Oct 20, 2009 4:42 pm

I have a scheduled half day in IAD to catch up with a friend.

I did notice the FRA-MCO, and made a mental note of it - the additional info on the aircraft is appreciated, those Airbus are pretty nice. I think its a 747 from FRA to IAD, i seem to recall having seen this flight many times at IAD as i have been on other United or SAS flights.

:D

S*Flyer Oct 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks for the replies, I will call LH as suggested.

That does raise a second question, is there anywhere on the web i can see what currently is open/available seats on this flight. If not maybe a way to find out what configuration I am scheduled to fly on and subsequently find the seating chart prior to calling so I have an idea.

:-: Flyer

NewbieRunner Oct 20, 2009 4:50 pm

I can check the seat map if you post the date and the flight number. Alternatively you can sign up for a free 5-day trial of expertflyer.

Lack Oct 21, 2009 2:18 am

Originally Posted by S*Flyer (Post 12679617)
That does raise a second question, is there anywhere on the web i can see what currently is open/available seats on this flight. If not maybe a way to find out what configuration I am scheduled to fly on and subsequently find the seating chart prior to calling so I have an idea.

You can do a dummy booking on LH or any booking engine.