Can I use FRA Arrivals Lounge as SEN if flying SQ?

Old Oct 14, 09, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Can I use FRA Arrivals Lounge as SEN if flying SQ?

If I arrive on a SQ flight, can I still use the FRA Arrivals Lounge or do I need a LH boarding pass? I am SEN, if that makes a difference.
Old Oct 14, 09, 9:16 am

Programs: LH FTL, EB, AB, PS, VV, NH
A simple search would yield you this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...frankfurt.html

The access is granted only to passengers arriving from a LH-operated long-haul flight with numbers LH 400-799.
Old Oct 14, 09, 10:02 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by olm022 View Post
A simple search would yield you this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...frankfurt.html

The access is granted only to passengers arriving from a LH-operated long-haul flight with numbers LH 400-799.
It does need to be LH metal, but there are a few flights outside the LH400-LH799 range which are eligible:

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Plus LH arrivals from ALG, BEY, CMN, GOJ, KUF, KZN, PEE, SVX, TUN, UFA according to the LH lounge information page. Some further information here and a report with photos.
Old Oct 14, 09, 3:09 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alex0683de View Post
It does need to be LH metal, but there are a few flights outside the LH400-LH799 range which are eligible:
And to complete the rule the pax will have to arrive in C or F, or must be FTL, SEN or HON. If HON or arriving in F, I would go to an FCL.
Old Oct 14, 09, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
... If HON or arriving in F, I would go to an FCL.
Bad idea ... Last month I did exactly that and was told that there is a 30 minute wait for showers at the FCL B.
So I had to head back to the Welcome Lounge for a shower, as I didn't have time to hang around for half an hour or more.

Btw, HONs can access the Welcome lounge arriving from any LH operated flight.
Old Oct 14, 09, 3:37 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
Bad idea ... Last month I did exactly that and was told that there is a 30 minute wait for showers at the FCL B.
Another one for the unhappy HON thread. Too many HONs or is the FCL getting like SEN lounges?
Old Oct 14, 09, 3:44 pm

Another one for the unhappy HON thread. Too many HONs or is the FCL getting like SEN lounges?
also, with rambusters apron pick up ratio, i start to feel guilty having been one of the people who recomended going for HON to him...
Old Oct 14, 09, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sentom View Post
also, with rambusters apron pick up ratio, i start to feel guilty having been one of the people who recomended going for HON to him...
Not to worry. HON would have happened anyway. I just fast forwarded the qualification a bit.

What I found a little strange at the FCT last time after complaining about yet another failed apron pickup was the PA's comment. She said: "I have talked to my supervisor again and we have now put you towards the top of the list for apron pickups".

Does this mean they have a ranking of HONs ? Some get picked up whatever the circumstances (HON Long), some only if it is convenient for the FCT fleet (HON+) and others luck of the draw (HON-)?
Old Oct 14, 09, 4:27 pm

Does this mean they have a ranking of HONs ? Some get picked up whatever the circumstances (HON Long), some only if it is convenient for the FCT fleet (HON+) and others luck of the draw (HON-)?
good question indeed! with my pickup success rate i would have to be on top of that list, which i find very hard to believe. maybe michelle can sched some light on that...
Old Oct 15, 09, 1:46 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Bad idea ... Last month I did exactly that and was told that there is a 30 minute wait for showers at the FCL B. ...
You refused to pay the EUR10 ???
Old Oct 15, 09, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero View Post
You refused to pay the EUR10 ???
The price list at the FCL B lounge is a bit more expensive.
Old Oct 15, 09, 3:06 am

Programs: SK*G, LH SEN
Give it a try. In February (shortly after they opened the welcome lounge) they let me in with my Senator Card (which has expired now after I changed to EB) coming in from TXL (LH-Domestic). There was a massive traffic jam on the major highway so my pick-up was almost two hours late. I guess it depends very much on the person behind the counter and how nicely you ask...
Old Oct 16, 09, 1:24 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
The price list at the FCL B lounge is a bit more expensive.
Bummer.

Do you get superior wardens in exchange though?
Old Oct 16, 09, 1:49 am

Programs: AC 50K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by weero View Post
Bummer.

Do you get superior wardens in exchange though?
Yup, they're really nice! And they speak English well. (Compared to the one who just started being upset with me now here at the SEN lounge because it might have taken me 2-3 minutes to get to the shower from the opposite side of the lounge, and they called the next name as I was about to walk in) The Ethiopian (I think) woman at FCLB22 remembers me every time - I think they have a chuckle about the fact that I love having a bath whenever I fly through FRA in F... I've been lucky to about 8 times this summer!

Having to wait 30 minutes is no problem with the excellent food on offer - and I'm sure if you have not enough time they'll put you ahead of someone else who has longer. I usually say that I'm OK to wait if anyone is in a rush (I've had usually 6-8 hours)
Old Oct 28, 09, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Arriving from from an lh flight in f can you use the first class terminal if you don't have a connecting flight?

Search this Thread