Can I use FRA Arrivals Lounge as SEN if flying SQ?

Old Oct 29, 09, 12:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by airphone View Post
Arriving from from an lh flight in f can you use the first class terminal if you don't have a connecting flight?
You can use the First Class Lounge in A or B but not the First Class Terminal.
Old Oct 29, 09, 12:55 am
Suspended

Is the fct not allowed? Why exactly?
Old Oct 29, 09, 1:24 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
because FCT is airside and separate from the rest of the terminal
Old Oct 29, 09, 2:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Because the FCT is a departure terminal. Since you are not on a connecting flight you cannot use the FCT. If you read this thread you'll know that the FCT and FCLs have the same facilities.
Old Oct 29, 09, 4:41 am

Why do you need to go to the FCT The FCL in A and B offer the same facilities - apart from no or limited car transfer to the flights which is anyway of no concern since you are not going anywhere....

There is no way of maximising the expereience in your case...

Cheers

Thomas
Old Oct 29, 09, 5:06 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Arriving from from an lh flight in f can you use the first class terminal if you don't have a connecting flight?
Surely not the FCT and likely only the welcome lounge after arrival without a connection.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
You can use the First Class Lounge in A or B but not the First Class Terminal.
Did I miss something?

I thought LH lounges did become pure departure lounges recently with the exception for the welcome lounge, HONs and SENs sometimes (depending on lounge staff) . Paging weero here.
Old Oct 29, 09, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
I thought LH lounges did become pure departure lounges recently with the exception for the welcome lounge, HONs and SENs sometimes (depending on lounge staff) . Paging weero here.
According to LH's lounge access regulations page it's quite clear.

• For non-HON members access to Lufthansa First Class Lounge requires a same day Lufthansa or SWISS First Class Boarding Pass.
  • Access to First Class Terminal in Frankfurt requires a confirmed same day departing First Class flight on Lufthansa or SWISS or for HON Circle Member on a same day departing Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines flight. No Access to First Class Terminal in Frankfurt for arriving passengers.

If you ask weero I'm sure you'll get a different answer.
Old Oct 29, 09, 6:49 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
According to LH's lounge access regulations page it's quite clear.

• For non-HON members access to Lufthansa First Class Lounge requires a same day Lufthansa or SWISS First Class Boarding Pass.
  • Access to First Class Terminal in Frankfurt requires a confirmed same day departing First Class flight on Lufthansa or SWISS or for HON Circle Member on a same day departing Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines flight. No Access to First Class Terminal in Frankfurt for arriving passengers.

If you ask weero I'm sure you'll get a different answer.
I had a long discussion with weero about this in a German speaking forum.

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/lufth...a-lounges.html

I and many others were of the same opinion, that after some changes the wording was pretty clear and allows access after arrival.

User rorschi however experienced it differently and confirmed weeros paranoia unfortunately:

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/91057-post550.html

On my recent flight I was sitting in F and was told by the FA before arrival, that without a connection I am okay to go to the welcome lounge, but just there. I did not even ask, just declined breakfast.

Well FA probably didn't recognize that moment, that I'm HON. After my complaints about the new access rules I got a reply from HON service, saying that as a HON I will be fine using FCLs after arrival, when showing my arrival BP AND my HON card.
Old Oct 29, 09, 8:52 pm
Suspended

The fct is less crowded and has more sleeping rooms and bathtubs.
Old Oct 29, 09, 11:33 pm

The fct is less crowded and has more sleeping rooms and bathtubs.
FCL A: two sleeping rooms, one bathtub
FCL B: two sleeping rooms, one bathtub
FCT: two sleeping rooms, one bathtub

Old Oct 30, 09, 3:11 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
I had a long discussion with weero about this in a German speaking forum.
That was in German ? This is why those rules were so hard to comprehend to me .

My German is seriously getting rusty but I did indeed did read those statements in the restrictive manner I aired it on VFT.
Originally Posted by sentom View Post

Compared to the welcome lounge, I suppose.
Old Oct 30, 09, 3:46 am

I thought LH lounges did become pure departure lounges recently with the exception for the welcome lounge, HONs and SENs sometimes (depending on lounge staff) .
I and many others were of the same opinion, that after some changes the wording was pretty clear and allows access after arrival.
So the rules are clear (at least in the English version on the LH website) and as you pointed out in the LHrelate thread internal communication within LH seems to be at fault, but it doesn't follow LH lounges have become pure departure lounges.

Well FA probably didn't recognize that moment, that I'm HON. After my complaints about the new access rules I got a reply from HON service, saying that as a HON I will be fine using FCLs after arrival, when showing my arrival BP AND my HON card.
As far as I can see access to FCLs on arrival applies to any F pax on LH metal not just to HONs.
Old Oct 30, 09, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Originally Posted by sentom View Post

It's always one hell of a fight to get that bathtub so that I can play with my rubber duckie ! (That sounds creepy)
Old Oct 30, 09, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
It's always one hell of a fight to get that bathtub so that I can play with my rubber duckie ! (That sounds creepy)
I'm not going to ask how you play with it. And do you take him/her home afterwards?
Old Oct 30, 09, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
I'm not going to ask how you play with it. And do you take him/her home afterwards?
Of course I take the chicks home !

Search this Thread