Wiki Posts
Search

FCO to ZRH/FRA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 2mm, SPG Gold
FCO to ZRH/FRA

I am trying to book a one-way economy ticket from Rome to either Zurich or Frankfurt, in order to catch an AA award ticket back to LAX (the specifics of the AA/Oneworld tickets aren't convenient for me, so I'm willing to pay for my first leg out of Rome).

Fares from FCO->ZRH (LX) and FCO->FRA (LH) are very high, around $1000. I only see Y fares in the system on ExpertFlyer. When/if do these airlines release discount economy one-way fares? Or am I locked into Y because it is one-way?

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: US2,SPG Gold,Delta Silver,Hilton Gold
Doing a search of one-way tickets does bring fares of $1000+ for one way Y on both Lufthansa and Swiss.

There are fares of $250 on British Airways with a connection in London.

If I were you I would book a round-trip and not use the return. This will get you a non-stop on Lufthansa or Swiss into FRA or ZRH for about $300.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 2mm, SPG Gold
Good advice, thank you.

I assume there's an LH-AA interline baggage agreement in place. Even if the FCO->FRA and FRA->DFW tickets are issued separately, I assume I should be able to check them all the way through?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: US2,SPG Gold,Delta Silver,Hilton Gold
I believe there is an interline agreement in place. You should be able to have your luggage sent directly to your destination.

A word of caution- If the connection is issued on a separate ticket on a different airline the LH agent may insist you claim your luggage in FRA and recheck in with your connecting airline. In my experience it depends on the check-in agent.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:24 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyBoy
A word of caution- If the connection is issued on a separate ticket on a different airline the LH agent may insist you claim your luggage in FRA and recheck in with your connecting airline. In my experience it depends on the check-in agent.
Actually LH is quite good with checking baggage through, even when there are 2 separate tickets involved. As always... ask nicely and they should be able to check the baggage through to your final destination...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.