JFK Terminal 4 Lounge when Flying SQ

Old Oct 4, 09, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH-SEN
JFK Terminal 4 Lounge when Flying SQ

I'm thinking about flying SQ between JFK and FRA at the end of the month.

What's the lounge situation in T4 4 at JFK? Probably nothing comparable to the SEN lounge in T1, but...

As a SEN, I assume I get access to the Swiss lounge... is that right? I'll be flying in Y.
Old Oct 4, 09, 2:09 am

Programs: LY Gold; BA Silver;
You are right.
As you fly with SQ you can also access to the Virgin Club-House as the club house is a partner lounges of SQ.

I reccomend you to use the club house... It's better than the LX lounge...
Old Oct 4, 09, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gordo6 View Post
You are right.
As you fly with SQ you can also access to the Virgin Club-House as the club house is a partner lounges of SQ.
Great! Is that true even if I'm only flying in Y?
Old Oct 4, 09, 4:19 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gordo6 View Post
You are right.

I reccomend you to use the club house... It's better than the LX lounge...
"Computer says no". Check your facts.
Old Oct 4, 09, 6:33 am
Original Poster

How does the Swiss lounge compare to the LH SEN lounge in terminal 1?
Old Oct 4, 09, 8:30 am
Suspended

You cannot access the VA Clubhouse unless flying SQ First Class. The SWISS lounge is not bad, it is before security, has a nice selection of nibbles and beverages and good views. There is a nice room with massage chairs. There are several shower rooms as well.

The LH lounge is worlds better but it is AFTER security in a different terminal and you would not have access to it because it is not the terminal you depart from.
Old Oct 4, 09, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnnyUMF View Post
The LH lounge is worlds better but it is AFTER security in a different terminal and you would not have access to it because it is not the terminal you depart from.
Yeah, I knew that... just wondering how the experience differs.
Old Oct 4, 09, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by econprof View Post
Yeah, I knew that... just wondering how the experience differs.
There are some threads about the JFK LH Lounge, including one I started with photos. I believe whether one is SEN or not you still have to use the LX Business side of the lounge. I believe the First side on LX is reserved for 1st passengers only.

The LH lounge has 3 sections, one of business +FTL, one for SEN ad *G and one for HON and LH First. The SEN floor has a staffed bar, a large drink selection, lovely ambience and seating areas, much nicer shower facilities and fantastic catering by Do & Co...and its brand new.

While the LX lounge is still nice, it shows some wear and feels much more crowded as it is shared with more airlines and elite passengers. The F+B is also more limited and the facility is not nearly as spacious as the LH lounge with its huge floor to ceiling windows and very high open concept ceiling.

Search this Thread