Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

SJD - LAX - SFO how much time for customs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold

I've already tried searching this to no avail .... Is a one hour layover long enough in LAX to clear C&I? We carry on all our luggage. How much schlepping is involved?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Are you in F,C, or E? You'll come into T6, clear immigration, then have to reclear security & head over to T7 or T8 (can't remember which the SFO flights go out of). If you're near the front of the bus, it's doable - barely (depending on length of C&I wait & also how long the TSA lines are). If you're T6 to T8, it's definitely a shlep.

Cheers.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
I've had int'l flights land @ T7 too. You'll most likely land at T7 or T6...T8 is mainly UX flights with the very rare exception of a mainline/Ted bird parked there.

Unless your inbound flight is severely late and/or the lines are brutally long, you should be fine.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
I'm planning to fly on United from Cabo to SFO ... the layover is 1 hour 10 minutes. Should I take the risk? It'll be on Veterans Day Monday in November. Or should I just plan to go on a later flight from LAX?
Old Aug 24, 2008, 4:25 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
Originally Posted by ERtraveler
I'm planning to fly on United from Cabo to SFO ... the layover is 1 hour 10 minutes. Should I take the risk? It'll be on Veterans Day Monday in November. Or should I just plan to go on a later flight from LAX?
United has there own customs so it is much much better than the Bradley Terminal. I would chance it...but the problem is if your flight is late then you are scr$wed.

If you do chance it and you are late. Call united as soon as you land before you get to the gate and rebook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.