Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Old Oct 8, 2007, 9:32 am

The Westin LAX and the Sheraton Gateway are both close and convenient. I've stayed at and enjoyed both, and both have free shuttle service to the airport - a 10 minute ride at most. I don't remember about the Westin, but the Sheraton is about a 15 minute walk to the aforementioned In-and-Out Burger.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, DL 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, *wood Platinum
I'd recommend the Renaissance Montura Hotel. I've stayed there each time I fly in or out of LAX. The staff there is amazing and I've been upgraded to suite room each time I stay there (I'm a Platinum).
Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I second the Sheraton Gateway suggestion. It's well located and the lobby & restaurants have a little different take on the typical airport hotel decor. I've found their breakfast buffet to be very good, I've also eaten at the bar and found the food of high quality. There is a real/full Starbucks in the lobby.

You mentioned an interesting area for dinner: Westchester is a neighborhood just north of LAX that that hasn't changed too much since the 70's. Compared to nearby trendy ares of Marina del Ray & Venice, Westchester is a little more laid back and a great little restaurant there is called Italy's Little Kitchen. It's about a 10 min drive from LAX and the nearby hotels and on Linclon Blvd, which is a main street connecting the airport to Westchester, Marina del Rey, Venice and Santa Monica.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
The Westin LAX comes up fairly regularly for 4* bids at Priceline (averaging $65 to $75):

http://p070.ezboard.com/California--...areadisneyland
Old Oct 8, 2007, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Westin LAX

I personally love this hotel, Its close by, last year I flew down from SEA, spent the night there then flew LAX-MSP-LGW the next day, It was perfect.
^
Old Oct 8, 2007, 12:58 pm

Programs: NW Plat, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by humanoid94
Personally I would opt for the In and Out burger near the airport. Take the shuttle bus to the city bus departure area, then you can either hoof it (for the adventurous crazy cheap mileage runner like myself) or take the Big Blue Bus up toward Santa Monica (75 cents), it will be like the second or third stop on the left, just ask the driver.
Actually there's an easier way to get there...

Take the shuttle bus for The Parking Spot--Sepulveda location. They're located literally right outside the side door by the cashier station.. I think there's even a sign inside that says "To In & Out". Grab yourself a Double Double (w/ onions, of course!), hop back on a shuttle... you've got yourself door-to-door service!
Old Oct 9, 2007, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You all & your In-n-Out Burger fixation. That qualifies as 'a nice meal w/ good food'

To the OP, pretty much all the hotels near LAX (Sheraton, Westin, Renaissance, Hilton) will meet your needs.

Granted I'm biased living here, but I'd recommend you take the Ocean Express (free) shuttle over to Manhattan Beach from your hotel - or drive if you have a car. OE drops you at the base of the Manhattan Beach pier. There are lots of restaurants on Manhattan Beach Blvd, as well as on Manhattan Ave. MB is a fun seaside town. OE picks up at select spots on Century Blvd (aka, hotel row) & drops at MB pier; all the hotel bell staff will have printed schedules of pick up & drop off times.

Cheers.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Granted I'm biased living here, but I'd recommend you take the Ocean Express (free) shuttle over to Manhattan Beach from your hotel
More info:

OCEAN EXPRESS SHUTTLE (.pdf file)
Old Nov 9, 2007, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Just drove by the hotel couple of hours ago. It seems that the Furama is reborn as Custom hotel. www.customhotel.com.

Wonder if they are still available on Priceline for $20+ as they were on the old Furama days?
Old Nov 10, 2007, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by holtju2
Just drove by the hotel couple of hours ago. It seems that the Furama is reborn as Custom hotel. www.customhotel.com.

Wonder if they are still available on Priceline for $20+ as they were on the old Furama days?
Thrillist did a mention of the custom hotel... sounds like a wanna be W or Hudson hotel.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:57 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
The website is a scream

You gotta see the (so bad as to be unintentionally funny) slideshow of this hotel. The decor is 1960s JFK Airport Furniture with a few oddments such as wooden roosters next to the bed and faux-stuffed-sheep benches. Rack rates are $150-200, no sign of it coming up on PL so far.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
FYI the Custom Hotel (by which I drove again today) is on a TravelZoo this week at rather interesting rate of $99. Anyone willing to checkout the hotel?

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/california-hotels/348521

Deals are hard to come by in Los Angeles, so we were shocked to find Custom Hotel offering a $99 special through Jan. 13 (+$20 Jan. 14 - March 31). Not only does this include breakfast for 2, you'll also get an upgrade to a Custom Level room (based on availability).

Travel 7 days a week through March 31 -- including holidays. You save over $70 per night.

Located just minutes from the beach, Custom Hotel is close to Santa Monica, Venice, Marina Del Rey and LAX. This sleek and sexy hotel features an American bistro, poolside cabanas, a nightly DJ, ocean views, multiple bars, complimentary Wi-Fi and a fitness room.

Blackout Date: Dec. 31
Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:38 am

Programs: Krisflyer; Hyatt Gold Passport; JAL mileage
Cheap Hotel / Motel near LAX Airport

Dear All,

Would like to know of any good and cheap hotel / motel near LAX airport for single traveller.

Thanks,
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:29 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by shaunlim
Dear All,

Would like to know of any good and cheap hotel / motel near LAX airport for single traveller.
What is "cheap?"

I only use HH or Choice so am not really knowledgable about other options. There are a Hampton and a Hilton Garden for a bit over $100.00 and a couple of Comforts for around $98.00, all with airport shuttle to/from LAX. For even cheaper, there is an EconoLodge in Inglewood for about $65.00 that also has a shuttle. I think for that one I'd bring dinner with me and keep the door locked until time to leave for the airport.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:30 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I believe there is also a Travelodge with similar ambiance.

Suggest you do a search on Kayak.com, then sort by proximity to LAX, then by price. Read the reviews, and decide how much, er, ambiance you are willing to live with

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.