FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/695093-lax-airport-hotel-questions-suggestions-consolidated-thread.html)

shinbal May 20, 2007 1:08 pm

I like the Sheraton only for the great views available of both sets of runways. Great place to watch lots of the big birds arrive.

jef7 May 20, 2007 2:02 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if LAX had something like the Hyatt Regency in MCO (love this hotel). Alas, for such a late arrival and early departure, you will indeed have to get out of the airport.

FWIW, I always stay at the Westin LAX when I'm on this situation.

hawkxp May 20, 2007 2:23 pm

I seen to average a 30 min. wait for a shuttle with space to stop. $10-$12 cab. is worth the extra sleep.

iluv2fly May 20, 2007 4:38 pm

I am going to move this to the Los Angeles forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Non-NonRev May 20, 2007 5:07 pm

Given your 0915 departure, be sure to verify the EXACT shuttle arrangements for your return trip, at the time you check in.

Also (assuming you're flying to Kona on UA) keep in mind that the UA terminal is the last stop (seventh out of seven) on the shuttle route within the airport itself.

SkiAdcock May 20, 2007 5:18 pm

Also, it's a minimum $15+$2.50 LAX exit fee cab fare exiting LAX. Something new (the $15min) they started a few months ago. As noted on the thread, lots of hotels very close to LAX. Cheers.

OnMedic May 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Thanks gang,

We are booked Embassy Suites South. Also, unless I can get guarentee, I think the taxi might be a lot less stressful getting the family going, organized onto a shuttle and to the security line-up. Thanks for the Taxi suggestion.

Yes, we are UA to KOA, departing at 0915hr. We will have our boarding passes and our lugage will already be checked from our incoming, so all we will need to do is clear security. What time should we plan to arrive LAX?

Thanks

LAX Virgin!

cblaisd May 20, 2007 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by OnMedic (Post 7769132)
Yes, we are UA to KOA, departing at 0915hr. We will have our boarding passes and our lugage will already be checked from our incoming, so all we will need to do is clear security. What time should we plan to arrive LAX?

For this UA-specific question, please see
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=308

cblaisd
Senior Moderator

bagold Jun 29, 2007 3:42 am

Nice Hotel Suggestion near airport

Looking for a nice hotel to stay overnight hear LAX. Looked at Ritz Carlton Marina Del Rey but looks a little bit old and nears upgrading. Any other hotels within 15-20 minute drive?

JTG Jun 29, 2007 11:32 am

A couple in Manhattan Beach

Boutique-style:
The Belamar
3501 N Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach
(310) 545-8466

Shade Hotel
1221 N Valley Dr, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310) 546-4995

Traditional:
Marriott Manhattan Beach
1400 Park View Ave, Manhattan Beach
(310) 546-7511

KosherKimchee Jun 29, 2007 4:52 pm

Casa del Mar or Shutters in Santa Monica.

SkiAdcock Jul 1, 2007 12:16 pm

If you look at Manhattan Beach, then choose Shade over Belamar for the location. It's a new trendy boutique hotel in downtown Manhattan Beach just a few blocks up from the beach/pier. Also, across the courtyard is Petros, which is an upscale Greek restaurant. Marriott overlooks a golf course.

Casa del Mar, Shutters, Viceroy, Loews, Le Merigot are all good upscale hotels in Santa Monica, but the driving distance is longer than what you want. More like 25-30 than 15-20.

Cheers.

sfdave66 Jul 7, 2007 5:31 pm

Santa Monica has a few nice ones.
Shutters, Loews, Viceroy, Le Merigot.

nishimark Oct 8, 2007 8:23 am

Hotel recommend near LAX?

My wife and I will be in Los Angeles for an important meeting one day next week. We'd like a nice hotel for a good price near LAX, since we need to catch an international flight the next morning. However, we'd also like to have a nice meal (not fancy, but good food in an interesting area) the night before. Any recommendations for one that will also award WorldPerks miles? I'm not that familiar with the area around LAX.

humanoid94 Oct 8, 2007 8:29 am

Personally I would opt for the In and Out burger near the airport. Take the shuttle bus to the city bus departure area, then you can either hoof it (for the adventurous crazy cheap mileage runner like myself) or take the Big Blue Bus up toward Santa Monica (75 cents), it will be like the second or third stop on the left, just ask the driver.