FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/695093-lax-airport-hotel-questions-suggestions-consolidated-thread.html)

zoricr Jan 12, 2006 8:17 pm

LAX Embassy Suites

I preffer Embassy Suites in LAX, the one overlooking landing stip, it is 110-140$ shuttle to the airport and complementary breakfast with a happy hour at 5:30pm

Elli Jan 12, 2006 9:59 pm

Thanks, 1KDAN, we are arriving late and leaving early the next morning, so we won't be able to take much advantage of all the good points you mentioned.

Tokyorich Jan 13, 2006 5:21 am

On Saturday I stayed at the Courtyard on century,priceline $45(yeah, I know you don't care about plice:)) and it was af ive minute walk to the LAX parking shuttle.

best Jan 13, 2006 10:31 am

Tokyo: did you happen to notice or learn if they would have allowed top park your car for a few days free?

Originally Posted by Tokyorich
On Saturday I stayed at the Courtyard on century,priceline $45(yeah, I know you don't care about plice:)) and it was af ive minute walk to the LAX parking shuttle.

Tokyorich Jan 14, 2006 1:01 am

Originally Posted by best
Tokyo: did you happen to notice or learn if they would have allowed top park your car for a few days free?

The only thing I remember tis that they had valet parking only, could be wrong.

I costs about $10 a day to prk in many places around the airport.

Jimbo3 Jan 28, 2006 3:56 am

Anyone know what the cost of a taxi from LAX to The Westin in Long Beach, Ca.?

Thanks for any information on this

best Jan 28, 2006 8:49 am

In the $40 to 50 range.

Originally Posted by Jimbo3
Anyone know what the cost of a taxi from LAX to The Westin in Long Beach, Ca.?

Thanks for any information on this

Craig6z Jan 28, 2006 8:53 am

Supershuttle is $17

Jimbo3 Jan 28, 2006 3:14 pm

Primetime Shuttle is $15 a person, is Supershuttle aand Primetime Shuttle service about the same or would you rate one over the other?

Are both companies set up outside the baggage claim area ?, have never been to LAX before, do you suggest we reserve ahead of time online or can we just make arrangements once we have gotten our bags and head outside?

chefdg1 Jan 28, 2006 4:04 pm

Do not fall into the Furama trap. The web-site is the one thing - the hotel is quite something else!

Jimbo3 Jan 28, 2006 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by chefdg1
Do not fall into the Furama trap. The web-site is the one thing - the hotel is quite something else!

Huh?

Craig6z Jan 29, 2006 7:08 am

Is the Furama even open? See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Furama

drscoop Mar 30, 2007 6:43 am

The Consolidated "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" thread [merged threads]

I have a late afternoon arrival at LAX in May, ahead of a meeting Friday am. Been offered the choice of either the Hilton, Embassy Suites or Marriott. Any pros/cons of these three?

I land about 4pm, so would not expect to be at the hotel before 5pm. Given this, the free shuttle to Manhattan Beach looks tempting to see a little of the area, but would Venice Beach and/or Santa Monica be more worthwhile for a coule of hours' visit? (Bearing in mind need to be up early Friday am and flying in from the UK, so will need a reasnably early night!!).

In terms of the latter, how easy is it to get from the hotels above to the Big Blue transit stop to get the no. 3 Rapid to Santa Monica? Walkable, or shuttle back to LAX then shuttle out to the transit center?

Thanks for any input.

SkiAdcock Mar 30, 2007 10:03 am

I'd pick the Marriott, as I've heard mixed things about the Hilton. Actually the Renaissance is better but that's not on your list. Know the location of the ES, but haven't heard any reports on it.

If you're coming in from the UK & want a reasonably early night, I'd just go w/ Manhattan Beach. It's closer than the others, the free shuttle picks up right outside the Marriott, you get access to a seaside town w/ bars, restaurants, shops, etc. I'm a bit biased as I live in MB, but I think given your parameters it's the easiest.

Cheers.

UncleDude Mar 30, 2007 10:13 am

ES has nice 2 room Suite, Free Evening Cocktails in a pleasant bar area and a Free cooked to order Breakfast. The others well, the're just Airport Hotels.

Another advantage of the ES LAX North at Airport Blvd is that you can take the Dollar Rent A Car Shuttle if that comes first at the Curb.