Wiki Posts
Search

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Have a 24+ layover in LAX coming up in a couple of months and am looking for suggestions as to where to stay.

Arriving ~2300 and leaving just before midnight next day.

Have no hotel status so am indifferent to accommodation but prefer safe and value-for-money (and free breakfast). Car rental cost is the same whether picked up that night or the next morning. I understand free hotel parking in the vicinity is very limited? Should we just get a hotel shuttle and get the car the next day? Anything towards Marina del Rey?
Hi - I was at LAX a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the Best Western Plus at 5005 Century Blvd. It's about 5 minutes from the airport by shuttle bus, you'd need to call the hotel to let them know you're ready for pick up. The rooms are clean and, when we were there, quiet and pleasant. I don't think parking is free but you can take the shuttle back to the airport and then the rental car bus back to the car rental lots.

The big sell for me on this hotel is the included breakfast. It doesn't look like much when you walk in but, there's a plenty of food and plenty of choice. Really, really good.

As there as 3 of us and we needed a twin queen room, it worked out at $141 all in on hotwire but, if all you need in a king room, then it should work out cheaper.

There's also a well rated Mexican food place next door - Casa Gamina.

If I had to stay at LAX again, I would try to stay here.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by USA_flyer
I was at LAX a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the Best Western Plus at 5005 Century Blvd. It's about 5 minutes from the airport by shuttle bus, you'd need to call the hotel to let them know you're ready for pick up. The rooms are clean and, when we were there, quiet and pleasant. I don't think parking is free but you can take the shuttle back to the airport and then the rental car bus back to the car rental lots.
I've stayed there before and was quite pleased with the place, but I looked elsewhere when they started charging $15 for parking. Same with the La Quinta in that neighborhood (that one used to be a Wyndham). The Comfort Inn a couple of blocks west of the Best Western on Century Blvd was my night-before-a-flight choice for a few years. It was kind of dumpy but cheap, parking was free, simple breakfast, comfortable rooms, and it was fine for the purpose. That Comfort Inn seems to have been made over as a Quality Inn, and parking is $10, though like most places around there, there's an airport shuttle.

As I keep saying, it's a tough place for a cheapskate who remembers when all hotels other than mid-city ones had free parking.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I ended up PL'ing the Crowne Plaza for just over $100. Does their shuttle run continously?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
I ended up PL'ing the Crowne Plaza for just over $100. Does their shuttle run continously?
Every 30 minutes, IIRC. Haven't stayed there in a couple years.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:45 am

My wife's family wants to do a family reunion in SoCal this summer. Their family loves to squeeze and so we're looking at hotels that have 2BR suites with 3 beds and have found two. We're staying for 4 nights, with most days out at theme parks (USH but not Disney), beach, sightseeing, etc. If each option is similar in price, which hotel/area would be better (or less bad)?

Staybridge Suites Torrance
or
Hyatt House LA/LAX/Manhattan Beach/El Segundo
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Staybridge Torrance is really far from the beach and Universal so it wouldn't be my first choice if that's what I'm doing.

Hyatt House El Segundo is slightly better location wise since it is much closer to the freeway so it will cut about 30 minutes on your way to Universal. And it is a little easier to get to Manhattan Beach from this location - basically a straight shot down Rosecrans Ave. There are also a lot more dining options within walking distance of Hyatt House which can make a big difference when you have a big group and some people don't feel like getting in the car and sit in traffic for lunch or dinner.
whistler814 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:31 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Residence Inns often have two bedroom suites. Five of us (all adults) shared one at the one on Sepulveda Blvd. and it was fine.
whistler814 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Residence Inns often have two bedroom suites. Five of us (all adults) shared one at the one on Sepulveda Blvd. and it was fine.
How many bathrooms did it have?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
How many bathrooms did it have?
Two bedrooms, two full baths, and a sofa bed in the living room. https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...nhattan-beach/
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Two bedrooms, two full baths, and a sofa bed in the living room. https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...nhattan-beach/
That's good. Five adults sharing one bathroom would be less than ideal.

The diagrams of the "penthouse suite" are confusing, because they make it appear as though it has just one bathroom -- upstairs -- and no bathrooms downstairs. See "Penthouse Suite -- Floor 1" in image 9 of 14.

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Jun 10, 2019 at 10:56 am
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
I'm scheduled to arrive LAX from RAR at 6 in the morning on Oct. 19th. Most likely, I'll book a flight out the following day. Is there an airport hotel that allows for a very early check-in?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:21 am

Best option would be to make a reservation for October 18 with an uber-late check-in if the price isn’t too rich for your blood.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:21 am

I've seen comments that the Four Points LAX has rates that let you check in anytime and check out 24 hours later, but I can't confirm this on the Marriott site. Might be worth contacting the hotel directly to see.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Thanks for the suggestions, but I just realized my LAX arrival time is 12:10. I hadn't looked at the reservation for several months, and I was confusing the RAR arrival time with the LAX time. I solved my own problem! D'oh!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Anyone stay at the Sheraton Gateway recently? Anything to share?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.