Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Old Nov 27, 2005, 12:59 pm

Programs: QF LTG AC *G
Most of the comments here have been around price, which is understandable ^

I've got a one night stop next weekend with an 8am flight in the morning, I'm not too concerned about price, my criteria are:

1. Comfy bed/Quiet room.
2. Efficient shuttle.
3. High-speed internet, wired or wireless.
4. A good restaurant.
5. A 24 hr health club would be a bonus but not sure if I'm dreaming on this.

I was thinking of one of the SPG or Hilton properties. Can anyone suggest a property. I've been to Tripadvisor but didn't get a clear idea. The ratings people give there are all over the map, some people are much fussier than others I guess.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
I have had several family/friends stay at the Westin LAX on an advance purchase price of $99-$109. They have been very happy with the heavenly bed and overall stay experience.

When I moved to LA, I bounced around the LAX Hilton, Sheraton, and Crowne Plaza for 3 months before I found a place. Hilton had a $70 corporate rate from my employer, and at the Sheraton and Crowne Plaza I was getting in the low $30s on priceline. All were fine for one night, though not as comfortable as the Westin will be.

The Hilton has a 24 fitness club in the basement level that you can get a one day pass for.

The food was not that memorable from any of them, though the Sheraton now has a Shula's steakhouse.

As mentioned, no hotel is walking distance to the terminals. All have shuttles that will get you there in 5-7 minutes since they are just a straight shot down Century Blvd.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:01 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Radisson has all of the above, nearest to airport, free shuttle, bulletproof soundproofing, 24 hr fitness center & room service, hi speed internet.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I'm with david7031. The HGI El Segundo is minutes from the airport, quiet and pleasant, and often prices out around $70 or $80.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:18 pm

I live in Priceline LAX hotels. But if I had a layover from Australia I would not bid on PL for anything less than 4* because you might get stuck with the 3* Hilton or 2.5* Holiday Inn. (At 4* you would get either the Sheraton Gateway or Westin, bid $60-70).

The HGI is the best LAX property there is, and you can get it for maybe $100, but you won't get it on PL. If you are really lucky you can get the HGI super-duper hi-tech room. Tell them you are from Australia.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:35 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
I have stayed at the Hilton, the Sheraton and the Crowne Plaza by LAX.

I have no problems going back to any one of them.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by goingsomewhere
I have stayed at the Hilton, the Sheraton and the Crowne Plaza by LAX.

I have no problems going back to any one of them.
Me too, as long as I didn't have to pay more than $50 or someone else was paying.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:40 pm

Programs: QF Silver
It's not walking distance, but I just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn LAX and had a wonderful time - new clean facility...HD flat panel tv & SelectComfort type bed for $71 AAA rate w/their standard free internet. It's in an industrial area (by Northrop Grumman) and well away from the rougher street crowd on Century.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 5:31 pm

Programs: QF LTG AC *G
Thanks all for the tips. ^ Stayed at the Sheraton in a club room (top floor), very quiet and comfortable. The shuttle from the airport took a while to arrive, some of the other chains like Raddison seemed to have a more frequent schedule but otherwise all good.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by HeyAussie
Thanks all for the tips. ^ Stayed at the Sheraton in a club room (top floor), very quiet and comfortable. The shuttle from the airport took a while to arrive, some of the other chains like Raddison seemed to have a more frequent schedule but otherwise all good.
Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the night? Did you book it with the Sheraton directly? Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:40 pm

There's really nothing in walking distance, but there are many within a five-minute ride.

For your price range, I recommend the LAX Hilton.

Very convenient to airport, decent restaurants...and they've just refurbished all the guest rooms.

Their rates fluctuate, but they're usually well within the range you quoted.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by 1KDAN
There's really nothing in walking distance, but there are many within a five-minute ride.

For your price range, I recommend the LAX Hilton.

Very convenient to airport, decent restaurants...and they've just refurbished all the guest rooms.

Their rates fluctuate, but they're usually well within the range you quoted.
Do you happen to know if they have shuttle service to the airport? Otherwise I'll just give them a call.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Free shuttle. All the hotels on Cent Blvd do, as well as HGI El Segundo. Cheers.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Free shuttle. All the hotels on Cent Blvd do, as well as HGI El Segundo. Cheers.
Thanks, Sharon, the Hilton looks like a good deal.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Elli
Do you happen to know if they have shuttle service to the airport?
Yes, they do. Just go outside Baggage Claim and look for the overhead RED sign that says something like "Hotel Shuttles."

You don't need to call the hotel upon your arrival. They have shuttle buses constantly making the circuit between the hotel and the airport.

Although the drive itself is maybe three minutes (once they finish at Terminal 8, the last stop), you might find yourself waiting as long as 30 minutes for the Hilton van to arrive...all the while noticing countless vans from other hotels.

Or you might get lucky and wait only a minute or two.

By the way, the have an excellent lounge on their Hhonors floor -- very spacious, comfortable. And daily fresh baked cookies. (I usually have their white chocolate macadamia nut cookies for the next morning's breakfast.)

Also, good burgers in their bar.

And a reasonably priced, pretty good lunch & dinner buffet.

(Obviously I've spent too much time there.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.