Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Wombelero View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, great stuff.
My pleasure.

Have a great trip.
Old Nov 11, 15, 6:43 am
bcx

I'm arriving at night around 9:30pm and plan on staying in Laguna for the following days, but I would like to save some money for the first night due to my late arrival. Any recommendations near LAX or within 20-30 minutes towards Laguna?

I was thinking of spending 7k SPG for a night at Four Points Westside. I realize that's the opposite direction but it's still close to LAX. Not thrilled about the reviews or that I have to pay for parking. The redemption value is average, so I was looking at alternatives.
Old Nov 11, 15, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bcx View Post
I'm arriving at night around 9:30pm and plan on staying in Laguna for the following days, but I would like to save some money for the first night due to my late arrival. Any recommendations near LAX or within 20-30 minutes towards Laguna?

I was thinking of spending 7k SPG for a night at Four Points Westside. I realize that's the opposite direction but it's still close to LAX. Not thrilled about the reviews or that I have to pay for parking. The redemption value is average, so I was looking at alternatives.
Think outside the box... if you are willing to stay near LAX for the first night, don't pick up your rental car until the next morning so you don't need to pay parking

If you want to stay with SPG, I think Four Points West LA has a shuttle that will pick you up from LAX curbside. And you can try using the a neighborhood location for rental car instead of LAX... save you another bunch of money on airport fee.

If you are open to other hotel chains, there are plenty of options.

Last edited by bzcat; Nov 11, 15 at 6:29 pm
Old Nov 11, 15, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
If you want to stay with SPG, I think Four Points West LA has a shuttle that will pick you up from LAX curbside.
I doubt that the Four Points Los Angeles Westside has an airport shuttle; their website does not mention it as a service/amenity. The Four Points LAX definitely has an airport shuttle; it's prominently listed on every page their website, right under the heading.
Old Nov 12, 15, 5:42 am
bcx

I'm open to other chains. Anything that's good value and decent (3*) that's convenient? Free parking or a shuttle would be nice.
Old Nov 12, 15, 12:47 pm

Hilton Garden Inn El Segundo and Double Tree El Segundo both have shuttles and free parking, and are close to LAX.
Old Nov 14, 15, 8:45 am
bcx

I would've considered the Sheraton LAX but it seems it's currently under construction and the recent reviews have been abysmal.

Other LAX hotels around the same price/class and offering shuttle service are:

Crowne Plaza
Renaissance
Marriott
Hilton

Any suggestions/comments on these?
Old Nov 14, 15, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've stayed at the Hilton and the Marriott numerous times and have no complaints, though just be aware that they're both large hotels which can mean lines to check in, crowded shuttle buses etc.
Old Nov 15, 15, 1:14 pm
bcx

How about a hotel for catching an early morning flight (need to be at the airport around 7:30am) on a weekday? Wondering if I should stay near the airport or a bit further (Manhattan Beach) and how traffic would be.

Option 1. Return rental car the night before, then shuttle from rental agency to LAX, then shuttle from LAX to nearby LAX hotel. Next morning, shuttle to LAX.

Option 2. Park at Manhattan Beach hotel the night before (free or cheaper parking). Next morning, drive to rental agency, then shuttle to LAX.

Any thoughts?

I ended up getting a Manhattan Beach hotel on Priceline. Should be easy enough to drive to car rental/LAX in the wee hours of the morning.

Last edited by bcx; Nov 18, 15 at 7:23 pm
Old Nov 26, 15, 12:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Best Hotel for Late Night Flight from LAX

Have 10 pm flight from LAX. What would be best hotel to stay at night before?

Access to LAX, traffic , etc. Any information greatly appreciated
Old Nov 30, 15, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by DENROC View Post
Have 10 pm flight from LAX. What would be best hotel to stay at night before?

Access to LAX, traffic , etc. Any information greatly appreciated
Sheraton LAX is in walking distance.

So is the "new" Hyatt Regency, which is literally across the street from T1. http://concoursehotellax.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Those are the closest hotels and you can walk to the terminals making traffic somewhat irrelevant concern.
Old Jan 14, 16, 2:34 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
I'm going stay for one night close to LAX in a couple of weeks. I've got a 8 AM flight to JFK on a Monday morning, so I don't want to stay in Hollywood and sit in traffic for the morning and have to rush to the airport, so LAX hotel it is.

The last time I was there, I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot, and I definitely want to avoid that this time. What I'm looking for is a hotel with a decent bar (those bars with plastic chairs and one beer on tap - nope) and a good restaurant. Good food, full bar and an awesome bed, that's what I need. Any suggestions?

I hear there's a decent bar/restaurant at the Four Points and the Marriot, but are there others? Hilton, Radisson, Sheraton?

I'm there on a Sunday night so I don't expect to see any nightlife, and they are airport hotels, but I kind of hate sitting alone in a hotel room, so any kind of lounging is preferred.

EDIT: I started look at stuff at Manhattan Beach...and I suppose that's where I should go...instead of the airport hotels.

Last edited by The_Director; Jan 14, 16 at 3:05 pm
Old Jan 14, 16, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by The_Director View Post
I'm going stay for one night close to LAX in a couple of weeks. I've got a 8 AM flight to JFK on a Monday morning, so I don't want to stay in Hollywood and sit in traffic for the morning and have to rush to the airport, so LAX hotel it is.
For an 8:00 am flight, you want to be at the airport before 7:00 am. If you leave your hotel in Hollywood no later than 6:00 am, traffic should still be OK.

Other locations to consider in addition to Manhattan Beach, are Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey.
Old Jan 14, 16, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by The_Director View Post

The last time I was there, I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot, and I definitely want to avoid that this time. What I'm looking for is a hotel with a decent bar (those bars with plastic chairs and one beer on tap - nope) and a good restaurant. Good food, full bar and an awesome bed, that's what I need. Any suggestions?

I hear there's a decent bar/restaurant at the Four Points and the Marriot, but are there others? Hilton, Radisson, Sheraton?

I'm there on a Sunday night so I don't expect to see any nightlife, and they are airport hotels, but I kind of hate sitting alone in a hotel room, so any kind of lounging is preferred.

EDIT: I started look at stuff at Manhattan Beach...and I suppose that's where I should go...instead of the airport hotels.
The Daily Grill (http://www.dailygrill.com/) is now located in the Westin LAX on Century.
Old Jan 16, 17, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, Flying Blue Gold
LAX hotel recommendations

Hi there,
I am doing a trip from HEL to LAX via LHR and JFK (so it is kind of a TP run) which will bring me into LAX at about 11pm. I have another flight leaving to LAS around noon the next day.
There are a few hotels in the LAX area and I was wondering if someone would have a recommendation maybe ?
I also like the idea of not staying in the airport area but was wondering if it really makes sense to drive somewhere further considering I am arriving quite late.
Thanks for your help.
Philipp

Search this Thread