Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Old Jan 13, 15, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Might be worth first confirming that your preferred hotel's shuttle will be available at your time of arrival.

I used to like the Doubletree - is it still there?
Old Jan 13, 15, 8:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
This question will be better placed in the Los Angeles forum, so I will move it there from BA.

O F
BA mod team
Old Jan 13, 15, 8:26 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Stayed at the LAX Crowne Plaza a couple of weeks ago. Perfectly acceptable airport hotel, and unusually for IHG gave me an upgrade to the Club floor based on status (often its just a bottle of water and a bag of nuts ... if you're lucky!).

As with all the rest, catch the shuttle outside Arrivals.
Old Jan 13, 15, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold / Miles and Smiles Elite / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire / SPG Gold
LAX is manic at that time of night and the traffic congestion outside the terminals is incredible. All of the hotels are about 5-10 minutes away and the return journey is usually easy.

4 points by Sheraton is not too shabby.
Old Jan 13, 15, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
If you end up at Embassy Suites North or Renaissance, another option is to take the Budget Rent-a-Car shuttle... those run more frequently and Budget is right across the street.

If you're up for a stroll, the former Radisson/now Concourse Hotel/soon-to-be Hyatt is a one long block walk away from T1.

Originally Posted by Lovecraft View Post
Even the guy manning the information/hoter bookings desk had never heard about the Hyatt Place (I guess they might have recently take over from other brand).
So in this case where the OP is in a tight schedule I would not reccomend this hotel.
It's a relatively new, built from the ground up property.
Old Jan 13, 15, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
I usually pick up a car at LAX and hotel location can be relevant. Walking from the Marriott to the rental agencies is OK but for some, a shuttle bus to LAX and another to Hertz/Avis/whatever can do it if a little time consuming.

OT: I see that Fox car rental is adjacent to the Westin so walkable and rates via carrentals.com and holidayautos.com look good. I've never used them, nor heard of them. Has anybody any experience?

As for walking from hotels to LAX (I didn't know the Radisson had become The Concourse), I'd find walking from the Hilton and some others a walk too far and would stick to the shuttle bus.
Fox is a local chain. It's ok... service is a little slow and you can't pick your own cars. But price is a little lower than the major chains. Fox keep its rental cars longer - instead of new cars under 20,000 miles, Fox may have cars that are 4 years old and have 70,000 miles.

Walking to/from hotel at LAX largely depends on which terminal you are flying out. Hilton to T1 or T2 is a pretty easy walk. Hilton to T4 is a long trek. Radisson (or whatever it is called now) and Sheraton are the only one in fairly reasonable walking distance from TBIT/T4.
Old Jan 15, 15, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've long been a fan of the LAX Marriott. Good treatment there even when I was staying on VDBs and it's close. Nice pool too.
Old Jan 15, 15, 9:44 pm

Is the Sheraton Fourpoint still the only LAX hotel with that feature?

Apart from the immediate Airport area, would there be a 24-hour-room-abode in Culver City? TNX

Last edited by sokolov; Jan 15, 15 at 10:04 pm
Old Jan 15, 15, 11:48 pm
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by sokolov View Post
Is the Sheraton Fourpoint still the only LAX hotel with that feature?
This
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/9458786-post28.html
suggests another.
Old Jan 17, 15, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
Fox is a local chain. It's ok... service is a little slow and you can't pick your own cars. But price is a little lower than the major chains. Fox keep its rental cars longer - instead of new cars under 20,000 miles, Fox may have cars that are 4 years old and have 70,000 miles.
Hi, bzcat. Thanks for this.

Do you know if the Fox depot is next door to the Westin? (The 'blocks' numbering system for addresses is sometimes confusing for Europeans. I don't think it's 100 properties from 5400 to 5500 W Century, just the next block ...)

Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 15, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Hi, bzcat. Thanks for this.

Do you know if the Fox depot is next door to the Westin? (The 'blocks' numbering system for addresses is sometimes confusing for Europeans. I don't think it's 100 properties from 5400 to 5500 W Century, just the next block ...)

Thanks.
Indeed, 5400 W Century to 5500 W Century is one block. You'll sometimes hear, e.g., 5500 W Century as "the fifty-five hundred block of W Century."

Westin is across the street from Thrifty, which is next door to Fox. It should take you no more than 5 minutes to walk from Westin's main entrance to Fox.
Old Jan 17, 15, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Great! Thanks, LAXative, and for pointing out the Thrifty alternative which could also offer some miles.
Old Jan 17, 15, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd View Post
Thank you. That old post is incorrect or outdated insofar, as the mentioned Travelodge does not offer 24 hour rooms (I've asked both Travelodge LAX and Travelodge LAX South. They only offer day rooms until 8 pm. for a substantial fee.) That old post also talks of "about a dozen others" that would provide 24 hour rooms, without going into further detail.

Any Flyertalkers here that can provide intel? :-)

For my travel (early March) the Fourpoints has roughly doubled the prices from the advertised $79. So I'm looking for alternatives.
Old Jan 21, 15, 8:16 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
On the interesection of Manchester Boulevard with S Sepulveda Boulevard there are some Ross, Kohls and TjMaxx stores.
I would like to get a hotel nearby with a shuttle. The nearest I find is a Holiday Inn express. Would you experts recommend that area?
Old Jan 21, 15, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flymexico2010 View Post
On the interesection of Manchester Boulevard with S Sepulveda Boulevard there are some Ross, Kohls and TjMaxx stores.
I would like to get a hotel nearby with a shuttle. The nearest I find is a Holiday Inn express. Would you experts recommend that area?
There are no hotels there but it is within walking distance to most hotels on Century Blvd (e.g. Sheraton).

Search this Thread