Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Old Jan 12, 15, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by BLHD View Post
Got the Crowne Plaza booked for my IL28SALE run.
Stayed here before :- quiet, comfortable bed and quick 'n efficient service at front desk and in restaurant
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
I tend to use the Hilton LAX, which shares a shuttle bus system with Embassy Suites. From my observations, this shuttle is the most frequent of the many hotels in the area. It's standard Hilton US airport fare, nothing special.
I'm with CWS on this one; Hilton LAX every time. The shuttle is quick and frequent, it's generally well prices and it has all the usual Hilton comforts, including Hhonors points.
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for all of the responses, I suppose my goal in this was to see if there was a hotel attached to the terminal. A shuttle or taxi doesn't sound too bad but I doubt I'll be stopping for a burger unfortunately!

Was looking at the Hilton before but at $75 or $80 the Westin sounds like a decent call.
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I tend to use the Hilton LAX, which shares a shuttle bus system with Embassy Suites. From my observations, this shuttle is the most frequent of the many hotels in the area. It's standard Hilton US airport fare, nothing special.

The Concourse Hotel (used to be a Radisson, it's now a Hyatt affiliate) is technically walking distance, but it's quite a walk to T4 (about 1 km).
I also used the LAX Hilton. Perfectly fine, and good facilities. We just missed a shuttle bus (it was pulling away as we approached) but it was only another 10-15 minutes until the next one, and it didn't take long.
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place El Segundo. While the hotel is nice, rooms are ample and beds very comfortable, the problem is you have to call the shuttle to come and fetch you. And there seem to be some reception issues at LAX T4 so it was quite difficult to make the call with my own phone (I even had a US SIM card), and the Hyatt doesn't have any courtesy phone there. Even the guy manning the information/hoter bookings desk had never heard about the Hyatt Place (I guess they might have recently take over from other brand).
So in this case where the OP is in a tight schedule I would not reccomend this hotel.
Old Jan 12, 15, 9:44 am

Programs: Many a programs - BAEC (Gold) being one of them
The Hilton LAX served me well during my Thanksgiving layover, although their Executive Lounge was closed on that Thursday. I was given a voucher for continental breakfast in the downstairs restaurant as compensation. My corner Executive room was comfy and quite large.

The shuttle service was quick both ways despite heavy traffic on the way from the airport to the hotel.

All in all a good stay.
Old Jan 12, 15, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Last year, I stayed at the Crown Plaza in a king club room and found it to be perfectly acceptable. Even though I had a view of the airport and could hear some noise, it did not bother me in the slightest (and I am a light sleeper).

H
Old Jan 12, 15, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Hilton Diamond
Radisson everytime for us. I like being able to walk it and not waiting for the shuttle bus. Its 10 minutes and we saw a lot of crew doing this. Got talking to a pilot for Alaska airlines last time who was very interesting.
Old Jan 12, 15, 10:54 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
I Booked 1 night at Hilton for next April.
BTW, I did it via Rocketmiles to get 5k avios (2k standard + 3k first time bonus), as price there was almost the same of hotel website.
Old Jan 12, 15, 11:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Plat Elite
ive done both the westin and the sheraton (hello spg points!).

i will say the sheraton has been more recently rennovated and overall a bit nicer than the westin (much to my surprise).
Old Jan 12, 15, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
I've stayed in a few of the hotels on West Century Blvd. Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton Gateway, Radisson ( now The Concourse Hotel ) To be honest not much to choose between them. So unless you have some status with a chain, for such a short stay I'd just go for whatever is the cheapest. Although I've heard The Concourse which is the closest to LAX is looking a little run down now, but I've seen it as low as £35.

All the hotels between The Concourse and Hilton are easily walkable to all LAX terminals if you only have carry on / 1 piece of larger luggage.
Old Jan 12, 15, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL**; HH Diamond
Just booked the Hilton for an overnight on the way to HNL. It will be in November and I reckon I will be needing the stay to maintain my Diamond status for 2016 by then. Price pretty good at $109 compared to HNL!!
Old Jan 12, 15, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Originally Posted by 62aClubWorld View Post
I have been staying at the Westin. Not the cheapest but I like it. If you do go there, have a burger at the daily grill downstairs.. fantastic!
Not to drag this thread off-topic, but why anyone would choose to eat a hotel burger near LAX is beyond me, when In-N-Out is pretty much on the airport property It's easy ride on the Parking Spot shuttle bus, and totally do-able with any layover of 2.5 hrs or more.
Old Jan 13, 15, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by oscietra View Post
Book the westin on www.priceline.com using www.biddingfortravel.com to see the most recent lowest rates. $75/$80 night seems the norm at present.
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto View Post
I've stayed in a few of the hotels on West Century Blvd. Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton Gateway, Radisson ( now The Concourse Hotel ) To be honest not much to choose between them. So unless you have some status with a chain, for such a short stay I'd just go for whatever is the cheapest ... All the hotels between The Concourse and Hilton are easily walkable to all LAX terminals if you only have carry on / 1 piece of larger luggage.
+1 to the idea of using priceline.com for a 1-night stay at LAX especially if points earning or status benefits are not important.

I've stayed at most of the hotels on and just off W Century, very often with PL. They're much of a muchness for a 1-night stay (though Hilton did comp me with a lounge breakfast, but I don't think they do that any more). My next two stays were booked with PL and turned out to be at the Westin @ $75 and $74. The links posted by oscietra are useful.

I usually pick up a car at LAX and hotel location can be relevant. Walking from the Marriott to the rental agencies is OK but for some, a shuttle bus to LAX and another to Hertz/Avis/whatever can do it if a little time consuming.

OT: I see that Fox car rental is adjacent to the Westin so walkable and rates via carrentals.com and holidayautos.com look good. I've never used them, nor heard of them. Has anybody any experience?

As for walking from hotels to LAX (I didn't know the Radisson had become The Concourse), I'd find walking from the Hilton and some others a walk too far and would stick to the shuttle bus.

Last edited by Roger; Jan 13, 15 at 8:02 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 13, 15, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC
For my run to Hawaii last month, I used "Express Booking" on Priceline (something I'm getting to quite like). It's bascially a mystery hotel, which you can sort by area and start rating.

For £54.79 (£45+tax) I ended up at the Wingate By Wyndham, which was perfectly acceptable for a few hours, and had free breakfast and shuttle. You can get 8% back on Quidco. I think the category was 2 1/2 star, but seemed a lot nicer than that.

Search this Thread