Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Old Jan 12, 15, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Close LAX Hotel

Anyone have any recommendations for a decent but close hotel to LAX T4? I won't be there for long as I get in at 00:20 and have another flight at 08:00, so just looking for a few hours sleep and somewhere close.
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Most of the major chains are represented at properties just off the airport grounds. Take your pick.
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi. Two weeks ago I stayed in Courtyard By Marriott - it was really really close. Courtesy bus every 10-15 mins from outside terminal door. Stopped at their other Marriott first, but journey within 15 mins. Again, next morning we were second stop from hotel to LAX about 8 minutes.

Checked credit card, was 75.00 inc all taxes etc. Seemed a bit of a waste for maybe four hours sleep, but better than travelling out further and maybe having less reliable buses? No aircraft noise I might add!

I think I booked direct as rates were comparable to Trivago etc
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold ('99-), SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
I have been staying at the Westin. Not the cheapest but I like it. If you do go there, have a burger at the daily grill downstairs.. fantastic!
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by 62aClubWorld View Post
I have been staying at the Westin. Not the cheapest but I like it. If you do go there, have a burger at the daily grill downstairs.. fantastic!
Given the OP's timings, I suspect a burger is unlikely to be on the agenda...
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:17 am

Would also add that I wouldn't recommend Courtyard for dining - but this is n/a based on those timings
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Hi. Two weeks ago I stayed in Courtyard By Marriott - it was really really close. Courtesy bus every 10-15 mins from outside terminal door. Stopped at their other Marriott first, but journey within 15 mins. Again, next morning we were second stop from hotel to LAX about 8 minutes.

Checked credit card, was 75.00 inc all taxes etc. Seemed a bit of a waste for maybe four hours sleep, but better than travelling out further and maybe having less reliable buses? No aircraft noise I might add!

I think I booked direct as rates were comparable to Trivago etc
I can also recommend the Marriott Courtyard El Segundo. Decent, comfortable rooms and a small pool and hot tub. Less than 10mins from the terminal and a free shuttle. The shuttle driver was on his break when we called up, so the hotel said just jump in a taxi and we'll re-reimburse you...which they did in cash, as soon as we arrived. Great service.

Ask for a room on the inside of the courtyard facing the pool - slightly quieter.
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I tend to use the Hilton LAX, which shares a shuttle bus system with Embassy Suites. From my observations, this shuttle is the most frequent of the many hotels in the area. It's standard Hilton US airport fare, nothing special.

The Concourse Hotel (used to be a Radisson, it's now a Hyatt affiliate) is technically walking distance, but it's quite a walk to T4 (about 1 km).

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jan 12, 15 at 8:23 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
There are no hotels attached to the terminals at LAX - they're all a short shuttle bus ride away ( on W Century Boulevard mostly ) - the shuttle buses take forever to go around the traffic free-for all chaos that is the arrivals level in LAX but they're reasonably frequent .. The closest is the Radisson .. it's technically walkable in 10 minutes or so , but pretty much nobody would do that - especially at midnight!

Most of the hotels are a bit dated, none of them are particularly special -they're all fine for a short 1 night stay .. pick on price/brand loyalty as your preference dictates !
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold ('99-), SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by darthlemsip View Post
Given the OP's timings, I suspect a burger is unlikely to be on the agenda...
..actually, room service (from memory) does have the same burger.

anyway..
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC
I have a similar query - I'm arriving LAX at 5am then departing on the 15:45 to LHR. I'm thinking of booking the Westin and using 4pm late checkout to get some sleep in the day (and maybe a burger!) - any better options?
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HHonors Gold, VS Red.
Got the Crowne Plaza booked for my IL28SALE run.
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:29 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
For under 8 hours I'm sleeping on the bench!
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:32 am

We have used the Embassy Suites North and the LAX Marriott. Our preference was the Embassy Suites North.
The shuttle buses for most of the hotels are run by the same shuttle bus company and times do vary. Just because you get a quick turnaround one time does not mean that you will get one next time. We chose the Embassy Suites North this time (it uses the same shuttle bus as the Hilton) because we had a bad experience waiting for a shuttle bus for the LAX Marriott on a previous occasion. This time the Embassy Suites/Hilton shuttle bus was the least frequent of the majors at the time we arrived.
The restaurant in the Embassy Suites North - Aero Bistro was very good when we had a meal there - breakfast no idea as we always seem to head off early to the airport and have breakfast in T4 Flagship Lounge.
Old Jan 12, 15, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by 62aClubWorld View Post
Book the westin on www.priceline.com using www.biddingfortravel.com to see the most recent lowest rates. $75/$80 night seems the norm at present.

Shuttle to the terminal, ask for a room facing the runway for excellent views of the airport. No noticeable noise.

Search this Thread