The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
Ay yi yi, why have Denny's, you can have Denny's almost anywhere, anytime. +1 on Dinah's a Westside/Culver City institution.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:54 am

I can't wait for the trip report! Denny's, Fontana... Seriously OP, have you met this girl before, in real life? If you haven't just make sure that some friend knows where you are periodically and to check on you periodically for safety sake. Also don't carry a lot of cash on you.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by SWCPHX
I can't wait for the trip report! Denny's, Fontana... Seriously OP, have you met this girl before, in real life? If you haven't just make sure that some friend knows where you are periodically and to check on you periodically for safety sake. Also don't carry a lot of cash on you.
Not in real life. Just on facebook. But closed that already. Well, Filipina girls are usually trusted. :P She sounds nice on the phone and such. She's around my age. I'm older by about 2 weeks. So I might as well give it shot. I could really use a girl at the moment LOL
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
If you haven't just make sure that some friend knows where you are periodically and to check on you periodically for safety sake. Also don't carry a lot of cash on you.
That's not going to be of much help if she has friends who are associated with the Asian Boyz.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:28 pm

Change of plans from Denny's

Looks like I plan to have breakfast at Rutt's Hawaiian Cafe
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:42 pm

An alternative in the neighborhood of Rutt's if you need one is Maxwell's Cafe at the NE corner of Washington Blvd. and Walgrove. Look for the large Victorian style office/professional building on the North side of the street and you're in the right block.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:40 am

An alternative in the neighborhood of Rutt's if you need one is Maxwell's Cafe at the NE corner of Washington Blvd. and Walgrove. Look for the large Victorian style office/professional building on the North side of the street and you're in the right block.
I actually have a craving for Hawaiian/Asian breakfasts
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by maortega15
Actually, we plan to stay in LA. She agreed to stay with me at the hotel I pick out in LA for 2 nights. Then, I have to drop her off the night before I leave. I'm still going nuts over where to stay.
Adds a new wrinkle you didn't mention at the start. Proxinity to LAX would seem less important? Staying close to $200 critical or do you want to impress the lady? My wife loves the historic Millennium Biltmore in downtown L.A. Nice atmosphere, and you wouldn't be so far from Fontana, but expensive parking. If you want to be near the beach, Santa Monica is nice, albeit pricey and a long ways from Fontana. I have relatives in Upland, and I bank on an hour up to 90 minutes (max) in non rush hour traffic. If you have to drive from your hotel back to Fontana and then go to LAX, that changes the logistics quite a bit from what you first said. I suppose just taking her to a Metrolink train at Union Station wouldn't do?

You could always try Priceline or Hotwire (4 star or above) and tell her you chose the specific hotel.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Looks like I plan to have breakfast at Rutt's Hawaiian Cafe
Much better!

Rutts is awesome. I eat there almost every week. ^

BTW, that is a very long flight for some booty call
Old Jun 4, 2012, 1:06 pm

Hotel choice; which one to pick?

So with some help, I finally narrowed down my 4 choices! Now, which one do I pick?

-Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood
-Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
-Hotel Angeleno
-Hilton Checkers

So these are four of my choices. And Im told that they are within 30 mins. from LAX. My plan is drop the girl off at Fontana the night before, head back to the hotel and leave the following morning. And I don't want her taking public transportation. She has bad experiences. I don't mind anyway.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat
Much better!

Rutts is awesome. I eat there almost every week. ^

BTW, that is a very long flight for some booty call
Or maybe you can recommend a better Asian/Hawaiian breakfast experience?!

And yeah, im flying from Hong Kong just to be with the girl. 4 days 3 nights.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:35 pm

OT Question

Anybody know the term where people make friends on flights? I know there is a term for that but have no clue what the term is. Thanks
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
So with some help, I finally narrowed down my 4 choices! Now, which one do I pick?

-Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood
-Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
-Hotel Angeleno
-Hilton Checkers

So these are four of my choices. And Im told that they are within 30 mins. from LAX. My plan is drop the girl off at Fontana the night before, head back to the hotel and leave the following morning. And I don't want her taking public transportation. She has bad experiences. I don't mind anyway.
I would go with Hotel Angeleno. I think that is the funny looking round building on Sunset by 405 that used to be a Holiday Inn. If she is from Fontucky, she probably haven't seen anything like it. Lol...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:16 pm

Rental car shuttle at LAX

Do I have to rental car company to pick me up or I just wait for the bus like a regular bus? Thanks
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:24 pm

Do I have to rental car company to pick me up or I just wait for the bus like a regular bus? Thanks
I would think that most (if not all) of the rental car companies around LAX have shuttle buses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.