Reload this Page >

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:23 am

I've also run into shuttles going to a max of 2 hotels, and in my experience they aren't next to each other (if they were there'd be a need for just one stop), but I don't know that it's so organized with a specific number. How would this information help you plan your stay? Are you looking for a hotel that does not share a shuttle (of course, it may then run less often)? I've not found any extra stop paticularly time-consumng when staying at LAX hotels withshare shuttles. How many times do you think you'd use the shuttle? I just don't see how it'd be a factor in choosing a hotel. But if it's important, the best way to find out is to conduct the individual hotels. More important to me would be knowing which hotels are served by shuttles at all, and during what hours. Don't assume the hotel you choose has a shuttle service unless you confirm it on the Web site or directly with the hotel or elsewhere. For me, the most time-consuming part is waiting for a shuttle outside of the terminals; many people, and commercial services, may stop in the hotel shuttle area, whether they should or not, making it sometimes difficult to see the van you want (you may need to see the destination sign on the front, not just a big sign on the side of the bus).
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
A woman flies into LAX.

Greetings!
As a solo, female, traveller I'm planning an overnight stop at LAX whilst en -route to AKL. Which hotel/s would you recommend and how far would it be to do a bit of plane spotting at Sepulveda Blvd - that well known burger place?

Many thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Cypress
Greetings!
As a solo, female, traveller I'm planning an overnight stop at LAX whilst en -route to AKL. Which hotel/s would you recommend and how far would it be to do a bit of plane spotting at Sepulveda Blvd - that well known burger place?
You're thinking of the In-N-Out hamburger stand at 9149 Sepulveda, which sits at the threshold of runway 24 Right on the north side of the terminal complex. It's actually walkable from the terminals (10 or 15 minutes). Google the address for a useful map / guide. It's a great vantage point when 24R is in use for approaches. So for that matter are most of the car rental lots off Sepulveda.

As for hotels, you might as well stay close to the In-N-Out. The Radisson and the Courtyard by Marriott LAX are both near the corner of Century Boulevard (the main east-west drag that leads to the airport) and Sepulveda, a few minutes' walk from the In-N-Out. The Courtyard is a little cheaper but they're both fine. Both have free shuttles that circulate through the LAX terminal loop and pick you up. You could probably persuade them to drop you at the In-N-Out too.

As for safety, no worries during the day or early evening... exercise reasonable, standard caution late at night. The area is well-trafficked 24/7.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
Thank you for a prompt response - it's much appreciated. Shall follow your advice.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:31 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
These threads may also be of help:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...d-threads.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...d-threads.html
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:57 am

For the Asia travelers: You'd need to be pretty close to LAX to get "fast" access in the morning (and I assume you mean you'd need to get to LAX by 9, not depart the hotel at that time, since it's an international flight). I'm not familiar with the hotel in Marina del Rey, but location sounds good. Shutters or the Shangri-La in Santa Monica might work, as well. Bel Air Hotel would be great, but I'd suggest leaving pretty early to get to the airport. Some of the airport area hotels (e.g., Marriott) get pretty high ratings. You could even eat at the Proud Bird of the kitchy but nice Encounter Restaurant in the iconic spider-shaped building in the middle of LAX (http://www.encounterlax.com/).

If you're arriving in the evening and departing the next morning, I'd suggest considering keeping your commuting down as much as possible.

(I think merging so many different threads together makes it very confusing to respond to a specific question).
Old Mar 24, 2012, 2:33 am

airport hotel lax

Does LAX airport have dayrooms (layover from 13.00 until check-in opens at +/- 16.00) - if not which hotel would you suggest to spend the time?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:22 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the Los Angeles Forum.
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I have stayed at the LAX Hilton on a day rate.

Other hotels nearby are the Marriott, Sheraton and Westin.

Although for only three hours a room might not be worthwhile ( by the time you get your bags, wait for the shuttle bus and get to the hotel that could be 30mins-1 hour gone).

You could hang about in the hotel lobby for a while or;

Go to the Encounter Building for a drink at a bar.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA, HA, UA, DL, HH, SPG, Kimpton, Fairmont, New Otani, I Prefer
If the layover is really only 3 hours, that is not really enough time to bother leaving the airport. The shuttles are so inconsistent time wise, you'd maybe have two hours, but probably less to hang in a hotel. That is just enough time to get a meal.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:28 am

-http://www.encounterlax.com/ Encounter Restaurant and bar is in the spider-shaped building in the middle of LAX.

-A "day room" rate may not be any less than a regular overnight rate, but wcould allow you to check in before their usual check-in time and stay until maybe 5 or 6. I agree, not worth it for you. Your actual layover is 1-4 or the time you'd expect to have at a hotel? Best to check directly with area hotels.

-I'd just relax at one of the airline clubs (some of which have showers). I'm gathering you're leaving on an international flight in the Tom Bradley Terminal , hence the check-in counter not opening until 4 or so. I haven't used a club there. Some clubs (e.g., Alaska Airlines) have arrangements so that club users can enter their particular termnal even if not flying from there.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
If you want to take a nap, you can take the Parking Spot shuttle (Sepulveda location - it has red signs on the shuttle bus) to In-N-Out burger and go to the park right across the street. I see people taking naps on the grass there all the time. The airplanes landing is a bit noisy but the fresh air (or smell of burger and fries) is free
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: QF Silver
Agree with the previous posters that it's not worth the time to get off-airport for such a short time.

If you don't have status there is a pay-for-use lounge in the TBIT terminal which is landside.

http://www.relaxloungelax.com/

It's a mediocre lounge at best especially now that the new construction at TBIT has blocked their view of the passing aircraft. $30 for 3 hours is a bit steep for free soft drinks/small sandwiches but it may be a better place to crash for a few.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by BRUNOREM
Does LAX airport have dayrooms (layover from 13.00 until check-in opens at +/- 16.00) - if not which hotel would you suggest to spend the time?
I actually have the same question, but slightly different. Has anyone stayed at hotels near LAX with a late check out and how much was it? I am looking at the Radission, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn Express...........they all say on their website the offer late checkout but I have tried emailing them to ask the rate and haven't recieved a response.
Old May 27, 2012, 5:58 pm

Looking for a 4 star and up hotel minutes away from LAX

I'm looking for a 4 star hotel and up that is minutes away from LAX. I'm planning to stay in Los Angeles for 3 days and 2 nights. What im looking for is a hotel with comfortable bedding, clean and up to date facilities like bathroom, etc. and good breakfasts. My time preference is 5 minutes away from LAX. Another preference would be a good view of the airport and a good view of take off and landings as I am an aviation enthusiast Please share your experiences. Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.