Wiki Posts
Search

Any place to do laundry at/near LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:25 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by christep
Er, I'm Plat in AA and Diamond in CX (as it says just below my name). I wasn't aware of such arrangements though - any hints on where I could find details?
I've never heard of a day room rate arrangement for a lounge, however the airlines do have negotiated "distressed traveler" room rates, which are often half the going rate. These are supposed to be used for irregular ops (weather delays, etc, where the US airlines don't pay for a hotel room, but help to get a cheaper rate), however the airlines are happy to get more volume (as it lowers the rate for the next contract). However it won't be cheaper than priceline, and might not get a hotel with a laundry (though it seems all the 3-star hotels at LAX have a laundry).
Old Oct 29, 2006, 1:41 am

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Let's call the roll.

LAX hotels known (from my personal observation) to have self-service guest laundries....

1* Adventurer
1* Motel 6
1* Travelodge El Segundo
2* Homestead El Segundo
2* Embassy Suites
2* Howard Johnson's
2.5* Courtyard
2.5* Courtyard El Segundo
2.5* Residence Inn Manhattan Beach
2.5* Springhill Suites Manhattan Beach
2.5* Holiday Inn
2.5* Hilton Garden Inn El Segundo

LAX hotels unknown.... (not because I haven't stayed there, I have, it's just that I wouldn't bother looking for a self-service laundry at, say, the Hilton or Westin)

1* Travelodge ('Laundry' claimed on Travelocity)
2.5* Radisson
2.5* Sheraton Four Points
3* Marriott ('Laundry' claimed on Travelocity)
3* Hilton ('Laundry' claimed on Travelocity)
3* Doubletree El Segundo
3* Crowne Plaza ('Laundry' claimed on Travelocity)
4* Sheraton Gateway
4* Westin

N.B. "Laundry" advertised at the 3*+ level may mean only service laundry (e.g. $2 to launder one pair of boxer shorts, overnight or longer). Remember, with hotels, the more you pay, the less you get.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 9:08 am
JTG

Programs: UA/AA/SW/MR Gold/Hyatt/HH
There's a coin-op in El Segundo

There is coin operated laundramat on East Grand Blvd in El Segundo. It's about a $15 cab ride (10-mins) from LAX. South on Sepulveda as you exit LAX, then a right turn on Grand Ave. It's in the shopping center on the left side of the street next to the Rite Aid store at 220 East Grand Ave.

There are a couple restaurant/bars right next door. Nothing fancy. There is a Starbucks 3-min walk away. And there are some more "traditional" bars within 5 mins walk, not to mention a plethora of dining establishments.

If the hotel route doesn't work, this would be a good option for you. PM me if you need more information.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 9:00 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The 4Points has a self-serve laundromat, key card access required (also an excellent beer pub).
Sheraton and Westin do not have laundromats (though didn't look hard).
For this sort of thing, it certainly is true that the cheaper the hotel, the better the service (same is true of free internet access and even breakfast or parking, for that matter).
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:04 pm

I am looking for airline linen service company near LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.