Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
A Big Thanks to this thread!

We made the LAX in-n-out run on a 125 min connection out of T4 on a Thursday afternoon, arrival 3:45, departure 5:50. On our way out of the terminal, a LAX 'host' asked if we needed help. As I'd never done this run before, I asked where we catch the parking spot. He pointed out which curb to go to and as we cross the street we saw the sepulveda shuttle coming, we ran for about 20 seconds to make sure we caught it. No waiting for the shuttle. Short line at the restaurant, had food within 10 minutes of entering or so. Tried animal style fries for the first time. We liked them but prefer just ketchup. Ate outside, enjoyed an EVA AIR 747 approach. Ate a little too fast. Hopped back on the shuttle and knew we were fine when the 3 other people on the shuttle were taking the same flight as us.

We also did this run yesterday on our longer 3.5+ hour layover.(that turned into near 8 hrs with the delAAy) 10 min or so wait for the shuttle. Walked the 3 or so blocks up to Mervyn's for some quick shopping too.(I know, I know, people don't walk in LA)

Thanks to this thread for showing us how easy of a run this is!
Old Aug 21, 2007, 3:45 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.2) 16;320x320)

I am envious! Glad it worked out so well (except the delAAy part)
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:43 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Anyone know what time In-N-Out opens? I was tempted to run down there yesterday on a short layover but figured they would not be open at 9AM (noon to me on East Coast time!).
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:21 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gre
Anyone know what time In-N-Out opens? I was tempted to run down there yesterday on a short layover but figured they would not be open at 9AM (noon to me on East Coast time!).
10:30 am
Old Aug 23, 2007, 2:01 am

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
OK, I'll bite. What is so special about In-n-Out??
Old Aug 23, 2007, 6:09 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Originally Posted by goosegreen
Good god man, where to start?

Let's just say it's the best fast food burger you're likely to ever find.

Sorry, it does not come with beets.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 11:34 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Thanks all for this thread, and thanks Blort et. al for the tip on catching the Park & Spot shuttle. I've got a 3+ layover at LAX soon, and a trip to In & Out is def. on the "menu".

Why are they so special? I grew up in CA, and sure, In & Out had more of a "unique"/"niche" appeal when it was ONLY in Southern California, and it was only a drive thru. It was sorta' sad to see them expand..felt like they were giving up their "uniqueness". But, they still put out a fantastic burger and great service.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:56 am
Commander Catcop

What a great thread... and a great tip on those times I"m traveling solo and have a long layover at LAX.

Normally my shuttle's name is (fill in name of FLyertalker who can drive.) My tradition is go to that LAX In and Out as soon as I land. Don't know if the site can get landmark status but someday.

I miss IN and OUT... it will be awhile before I can get my next fix.

I don't care for most fast food but one reason I LOVE going out west besides seeing F-T friends is enjoying an In and Out meal with them.

Choula... Love your posts and your Do organizing. (Don't think we ever met.) You would fit in very well on the East Coast. Folks here LOVE White Castle. For me... BLEH... The worst fast food otu there and once forced to eat a white Castle burger I got very very sick.

Sorry, White Castle and I don't agree on many levels.

If I have to eat at White Castle with friends I order the fish which is marginally edible.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Gold, EVA Diamond
Just thought I would post my experience following these instructions.

I arrived at 2:30 and was at the In-n-Out by 2:45. It is now 4:00 and I am comfortably waiting for my flight at the LAX RCC after taking my time at the In-n-Out. (I even stopped by the bank!)

Thanks a lot to everyone for the instructions. It was super easy to get to the In-n-Out with the red Parking Spot shuttle.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 2:58 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Echo the previous, just tried it recently. If all you've got is an hour or two, you can EASILY do this w/o feeling rushed, w/o inhaling your burger.

The red In-N-Out, uh, "Parking Spot" shuttle is easy. You're there in no time. Def. an option for the "layover list", if you've got an hour or two at LAX to kill.

Had plenty of time to go out, leisurely enjoy a great burger, & return in time to grab a shower at the AA A/C pre-flight.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 11:22 am

Programs: Scorched earth and base metal in everything these days
Originally Posted by melampus83
Just thought I would post my experience following these instructions.

I arrived at 2:30 and was at the In-n-Out by 2:45. It is now 4:00 and I am comfortably waiting for my flight at the LAX RCC after taking my time at the In-n-Out. (I even stopped by the bank!)

Thanks a lot to everyone for the instructions. It was super easy to get to the In-n-Out with the red Parking Spot shuttle.
Ditto to this!^^
I landed at LAX ~3PM on Sunday, 9/30/07, looking at a 2+ hour layover and was at the In-N-Out on Sepulveda by ~3:20.
I took the Parking Spot bus.

Just missed seeing a 747 go overhead and land on 24R (I was inside ordering my double double ), but watched a lot of others on final. Very cool.^

Then went back to PS, caught the shuttle and made it to my flight (HA 9 LAX-HNL) in plenty of time.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread!
Old Oct 2, 2007, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Have a 3 1/2hr layover at LAX in a few weeks and can't wait to get my hands on In N Out again...

Originally Posted by blort
Just wanted to note that The Parking Spot makes it REALLY easy to get to In-N-Out -- there's a doorway that goes from the garage straight into the In-N-Out parking lot. It's literally 50 feet from where the shuttle bus drops you off to the restaurant.

So, in summary:
  1. Take the red The Parking Spot bus to the Sepulveda garage.
  2. When the driver asks if you valeted, tell him no.
  3. When the shuttle bus stops inside the garage, walk to your left and look for the yellow sign that says "This way to In-N-Out."
When you're done eating, just go back into the garage through the same door.

There are tables outside and a park across the street for dining al fresco. The view was decent today -- managed to catch a BA 747 coming in for a landing.
Thanks for the info ^

I'm arriving on UA (from IAD if it makes a difference) do I just need to keep an eye out and thumb down the bus as it comes past or are these stops on the 'loop'?
http://www.theparkingspot.com/images/shuttle.jpg

As an aside, anyone know if there's a priority security lane for *Gs at the UA terminals?
Old Oct 2, 2007, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by goosegreen

Nothing, IMO
Old Oct 2, 2007, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by Fraser
As an aside, anyone know if there's a priority security lane for *Gs at the UA terminals?
Yes- they are down by the F door if I remember correctly
Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
In-n-Out Near LAX

I'll be staying the night at the Westin LAX and want to visit the In-n-Out near the airport. I will have a car and probably go there on my way from Santa Barbara. Can someone please provide the address and/or directions. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.