Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2006, 1:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold
I think the "Parking Spot" is the best option for this....

However, another option would be to take the LAX shuttle "C" parking lot bus. It circles quite often the airport. Stand under the "blue" sign in the median island. Jump on. Get off the shuttle at the first stop off LAX property. Walk toward the airport (west) to Sepulveda, make a right, walk about a 1/4 mile (if that), and In-and-out is across the str eet on the corner.

I like In-and-Out in moderation. I am disappointed that I am often left with bun with no meat. Meat shrinkage. Ummmm...
Old May 28, 2006, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Macken7
On the way to Hawaii this summer and am stopping at LAX and heading for the Hilton in Anaheim ASAP and go visit Mickey with the family for the day The second day is solely for Mickey. Third day wake up and fly to Honolulu. While I have not finalized plans I think it is most likely we will travel to/from the airport via Supper Shuttle. Apparently these awesome burger places aren’t close to Mickey’s place. I would like to have the whole family get a shot at these burgers. The best and easiest way to do this would be how?
There's an In-n-Out just a couple miles from you. From Disneyland, walk either north to Ball or south to Katella, take the westbound #46 or #50 bus (respectively), get off at Brookhurst, and take the #35 bus north. Get off at Orange Ave. It's at 600 S Brookhurst, right at the corner.

I'd recommend buying the day pass for $3, as the OCTA busses are $1.25 per boarding.
Old May 28, 2006, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Oops, I posted in the wrong forum - sorry!
Old May 30, 2006, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by TelevisionTdTina
I think the "Parking Spot" is the best option for this....
Be forewarned, I've spent 30 minutes waiting for a Sepulveda Parking Spot shuttle... while uncountably many Century Parking Spot shuttles passed by...
Old May 30, 2006, 10:10 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by rar indeed
Be forewarned, I've spent 30 minutes waiting for a Sepulveda Parking Spot shuttle... while uncountably many Century Parking Spot shuttles passed by...
Sorry to go OT, but did you call them? They have an 800# if you need to be picked up. I've never waited more than 5-10 min for a Sepulveda shuttle.
Old May 30, 2006, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold

No first hand knowledge of shuttle frequency for the "Spot" has I have never had to use them. However, in relationship to In-And-Out location, the "Spot" is located right next door. Thus, no walking. That's why I suggest this as the best option. Perhaps one could decide what is best for them based on all the wonderful suggestions presented here, at their time of travel.
Old May 30, 2006, 10:19 pm

I always park at the Sepulveda lot and have had the same thing happen on several ocasions (although I don't think it has ever been 30 minutes). Calling them has resulted in platitudes but no speedier service. I still park at Sepulveda because for me it seems a little easier to get to and a little les hectic than Century.
Old May 30, 2006, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Red face

Originally Posted by kef0913
I always park at the Sepulveda lot and have had the same thing happen on several ocasions (although I don't think it has ever been 30 minutes). Calling them has resulted in platitudes but no speedier service. I still park at Sepulveda because for me it seems a little easier to get to and a little les hectic than Century.
Plus its near the In-N-Out for an after-flight snack ^

Last edited by rar indeed; May 31, 2006 at 9:32 am
Old Jun 3, 2006, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
There's an In-n-Out just a couple miles from you. From Disneyland, walk either north to Ball or south to Katella, take the westbound #46 or #50 bus (respectively), get off at Brookhurst, and take the #35 bus north. Get off at Orange Ave. It's at 600 S Brookhurst, right at the corner.

I'd recommend buying the day pass for $3, as the OCTA busses are $1.25 per boarding.
Is there a link to the bus schedule? A two mile walk for one way would be ok. Is this a walking route and how long would it take?
Old Jun 3, 2006, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
I agree that LA cabbies would be pissed about the short fare. However, if you offer them a HUGE tip ($15 on top of the $5 fare), they would be happy to take you. Just tell them that you are going to give them a big tip for the short ride.
At SFO, they have a "short" rule. If I recall correctly, the cabbie gets to go back to the front of the cue if he returns to the airport within 30 minutes. If anyone is considering a very short taxi ride from an airport, you could just ask the driver or the dispatcher if there is a similar rule that would benefit your driver.

I can see the point of the "short" rule, but it probably results in some frighteningly fast rides when your destination is about 15 minutes from SFO.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Macken7
Is there a link to the bus schedule? A two mile walk for one way would be ok. Is this a walking route and how long would it take?
Here it be:

http://www.octa.net/schedule%20and%2...e=route%200-99
Old Dec 5, 2006, 6:40 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Question 16 hr transit in LA

G'day Friendly Americans et al

Aussie boy arriving in from Sydney on QF at 0710 then have a 16 hr wait for my LAX-JFK flight at 2345 - (connecting to Halifax NS). I realise it's somewhat bad timming, however there is no other way for me to connect to Halifax on a same day basis. Also, this flight is a RTW total redemption booking (Qantas, American Airlines / Virgin Atlantic and Gulf Air all in J and F class).

OK my question is I'd like to see as much of LA as I can in the 16 hrs.

1. Should I just get to a transit hotel rest a bit shower then do a day tour? If so, whats nicest hotel near LAX?

2. Place my suitcase in storage (if storage even exists at LAX) and get on a train or bus to the city and wonder.

My first time in LA....any advise?

Thanks alot in advance^
Old Dec 5, 2006, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
G'day Friendly Americans et al

My first time in LA....any advise?
This particular question has been asked time and time again, and as a result there is a lot of useful information that can be found under the this very forum.

My advice - either rent a car (which will give you locked storage) and explore, or standby for a much earlier flight to JFK and possibly YHZ.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 6:58 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
This particular question has been asked time and time again, and as a result there is a lot of useful information that can be found under the this very forum.

My advice - either rent a car (which will give you locked storage) and explore, or standby for a much earlier flight to JFK and possibly YHZ.
Thanks mate...apologies, this topic has been dealt with a few times I see.
I dont want to drive so that rules that out. Has anyone told you u drive on the wrong side of the road there

One question, however, if I am officially in transit can I just check my bags right through and hand them back after I clear customs at LAX then leave airport?

Im thinking I will just get a hotel and try do a day tour of some sort.
Past contributors on this topic have been great sources.

Cheers mate.
CJ^
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
One question, however, if I am officially in transit can I just check my bags right through and hand them back after I clear customs at LAX then leave airport?
You will be able to check your bags through from your point of origin... them at LAX drop them off on the transfer conveyor when you exit customs.

There are buses that will take you to the beach cities. Light rail will take you to Hollywood (but will take about an hour and 3 different lines). And there's always taxis, but those are pricey.

And don't forget In-n-Out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.