Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Just completed my first In N Out run from LAX. Took my two year old daughter in the Parking Spot shuttle both ways. Had a nice meal and walk in the park between flights and made it back in plenty of time.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:16 am

Red face

Hello, i am not a US passport holder, and i just happen to have a 3.5hrs layover in LAX from Denver to HK. just want to ask you guys, will i have an issue with the immigration officer, if i just want to takeaway or eat to the nearest in and out? thanks!!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by cheezychinito
Hello, i am not a US passport holder, and i just happen to have a 3.5hrs layover in LAX from Denver to HK. just want to ask you guys, will i have an issue with the immigration officer, if i just want to takeaway or eat to the nearest in and out? thanks!!
Nope. International and domestic areas are not separate at US airports. Once you're in the US you can go where you like, just make sure you have boarding pass and identification/passport so you can get back into terminal through security! Enjoy!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Nope. International and domestic areas are not separate at US airports. Once you're in the US you can go where you like, just make sure you have boarding pass and identification/passport so you can get back into terminal through security! Enjoy!
great!! thanks for your reply kirkwoodj
i was just worried that they will hold me and would not let me in to CA. haha
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Just to be completely clear, there is no such thing as "exit control" for leaving the U.S., so you're not officially outside of the U.S. until you board your plane and take off for an international destination. So, there would be no one to even try and stop you if you wanted to leave--you can exit at LAX just the same as you can exit any other airport in the US (just walk out past security).
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
No worries, and welcome to FT! ^
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:57 am

Anyone know how long is the wait and the ride for the Shuttle at around 8:30pm from TBIT?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
Anyone know how long is the wait and the ride for the Shuttle at around 8:30pm from TBIT?
I would say 20 minutes. The Parking Spot Sepulveda (red sign) shuttle comes around fairly frequently but it's not uncommon to wait 5 minutes before one shows up. The ride to Parking Spot garage is about 10 to 15 minutes depending on traffic and how long the stops are at T4, T5, T6/7.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat
I would say 20 minutes. The Parking Spot Sepulveda (red sign) shuttle comes around fairly frequently but it's not uncommon to wait 5 minutes before one shows up. The ride to Parking Spot garage is about 10 to 15 minutes depending on traffic and how long the stops are at T4, T5, T6/7.
Thanks for the info!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
IN AND OUT BURGER by the rental car lots!!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by milepig
IN AND OUT BURGER by the rental car lots!!
I second In-N-Out. Grab the Sepulveda Parking Spot shuttle and its next door. They even have signs in the parking garage to guide you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...d-threads.html
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:32 pm

Looks like The Parking Spot has caught on about all the people who take their shuttle to go to In-N-Out. I just received this email from them:

"Over the past few months, we have noticed more and more people who are not parked at The Parking Spot riding our shuttles to and from the airport grounds. Because these non-customers did not park with us, they are taking seats on our shuttles from you, our guests.

In an effort to improve your experience and to make sure that only guests of The Parking Spot are using our shuttles, we have adjusted our pick-up procedure. Starting next Monday, May 4th, 2015, please have either your Spot Club card or the ticket you pulled at entrance handy to show the shuttle driver when you return back home from your trip. Either of these items will act as your "shuttle boarding pass."

To help create an easy transition for you over the next couple months, our drivers will also be able to provide you with a "boarding pass" if you forget your ticket or Spot Club card in your vehicle after parking."
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by chanuck
Looks like The Parking Spot has caught on about all the people who take their shuttle to go to In-N-Out. I just received this email from them:

"Over the past few months, we have noticed more and more people who are not parked at The Parking Spot riding our shuttles to and from the airport grounds. Because these non-customers did not park with us, they are taking seats on our shuttles from you, our guests.

In an effort to improve your experience and to make sure that only guests of The Parking Spot are using our shuttles, we have adjusted our pick-up procedure. Starting next Monday, May 4th, 2015, please have either your Spot Club card or the ticket you pulled at entrance handy to show the shuttle driver when you return back home from your trip. Either of these items will act as your "shuttle boarding pass."

To help create an easy transition for you over the next couple months, our drivers will also be able to provide you with a "boarding pass" if you forget your ticket or Spot Club card in your vehicle after parking."
I'd always walked, but was looking forward to using the shuttle next time. Oh well
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
i figured they'd catch on at some point. actually - i'm sure they've known for a while and finally felt compelled to do something.

i only used the shuttle if i had a short layover and walking would cut it too close, and always tipped the drivers. most of the time i'd take the shuttle to the garage and then walk back to LAX. looks like i'll be getting a little more exercise to burn off that milkshake.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by chanuck

I'd bet your "Lincoln" BP will get you a ride if the bus is not loaded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.