Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Took me 40 minutes today, from the moment I got off my first flight until the moment I got back into the secure area of the airport. Didn't even rush, and sat outside to eat and watch the planes. Couldn't believe how quick it was! It helped that the shuttle was sitting there right when I left the terminal, there was no line to order, a shuttle was about to leave when I got back to the Parking Spot, and the PreCheck lane was empty. I won't count on it taking less than 1h15 in the future, though -- today was unusually quick.

Now to sleep like a baby all the way to London…
The Parking Spot shuttle has been more erratic for me the last couple of trips, with my last trip being last weekend and waiting 10 minutes for the shuttle.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Will be doing this on a Saturday night on a 5 hour layover in LAX lol!! Awesome thread... makes me crave in & out so bad!!!!!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:14 am

I'm 'jonesing' for some In-N-Out . It's been 3 1/2 years.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:21 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Ugh so hungry.... Cant wait until Jan 11th layover in LAX... never been so excited for a 5 hour layover lol
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:08 pm

I'll be there on 8 Jan for lunch!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
used the shuttle last night (2/7) and ended up walking back to T7 because the weather was great compared to the single digits back home. it was PACKED (i'm assuming because it was a friday night.... or is it like that consistently?), but the wait wasn't even 10 minutes.

way better than cheese and crackers in the UC. look forward to my next layover at LAX.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by riphamilton
it was PACKED (i'm assuming because it was a friday night.... or is it like that consistently?), but the wait wasn't even 10 minutes.
I've never seen that In-N-Out anything other than packed. The line does move quickly, though.
Old May 18, 2014, 11:45 am

Question:

I may be flying DL16 (SYD-LAX) in October, then flying to ATL. DL16 is scheduled to arrive at 8 a.m. How long should my connection be if I want to go to In 'N Out? Would 4.5 hours be good?
Old May 18, 2014, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by cdubose98
Question:

I may be flying DL16 (SYD-LAX) in October, then flying to ATL. DL16 is scheduled to arrive at 8 a.m. How long should my connection be if I want to go to In 'N Out? Would 4.5 hours be good?
As a heads up, the In-n-Out doesn't open until 1030 anyway. I think that if your connecting flight departs at or after 1200, you'll be good.
Old May 18, 2014, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
As a heads up, the In-n-Out doesn't open until 1030 anyway. I think that if your connecting flight departs at or after 1200, you'll be good.
Good to know. Thank you!
Old May 20, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
Question:

If you are looking for something to do before it opens up, walking there is actually not a bad option. Just go to T1 or T9 take a left at the lights onto the Sky Way overpass (there is a sidewalk for pedestrians) where you get some really great runway views and then take another left onto Sepulveda Blvd (North). Its about a 20 minute walk and then you can take The Parking Spot shuttle back
Old May 20, 2014, 2:59 pm

FWIW, I'm at LAX making a run right now. Happy to chat with any FTers who might be doing the same thing!
Old May 20, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA & DL Gold
Question:

The Delta here (no pun intended) is US CBP. It can take a *long* time to clear customs and claim/recheck your bags. But, the good news is that DL uses their own CBP facility at LAX, and the SYD flight appears to come in earlier than most others.

One tip, don't worry if your flight leaves late from SYD. The contract gate people (Menzies) do a *VERY* bad job about announcing the reasons for a delay. Ask the crew what the flight time is will be and do the math yourself. DL doesn't like to arrive too early for some reason (maybe the T5 CBP facility doesn't open very early? Dunno.)...

-- Dan
Old May 27, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
As a heads up too, the shuttle takes you to a place with a few other options all walking distance if In-N-Out isn't your thing. For example, decent Thai food at Ayara walking distance, as well as a good hole in the wall bar called Bar Melody and if you're here around breakfast, Brooklyn Water Bagels is a good bagel joint with some great ice coffee (the ice cubes are coffee cubes). So that shuttle can be clutch in so many ways!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:05 am

Thanks for all your replies! I wound up booking the 12:30 pm flight back to Atlanta, then was notified two days later that the flight is now scheduled to leave at noon. It sounds like I should still be OK timewise, and hopefully In 'n Out won't be too crowded at 10:30 a.m. on a Tuesday. I think I will probably try walking there, since I should have time to recheck my bags first and it'll feel good to get some exercise after a 7500-mile flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.