Consolidated "Getting to/from _____ in the Los Angeles area" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Getting to/from _____ in the Los Angeles area" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
You need this timetable! Page 7 is the weekend north bound schedule. There are 16 trains between Irvine and Union Station a day on weekends.

https://www.metrolinktrains.com/glob...-timetable.pdf

Metrolink and Surfliner basically run an interline combined schedule between San Diego and Ventura County. So you just take the first train that comes (and work with your schedule). Amtrak is actually a little bit faster because it only stops 4 times between Irvine and Union Station whereas Metrolink stops 7 or 8 times.

Last edited by bzcat; Jun 26, 2018 at 7:29 pm
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:06 pm

Was looking for one of those shuttle rides to LAX from Orange County, ie. Prime Time, Super Shuttle, etc....

Prices increased dramatically from the last time i took one (Feb 2017). Used to pay $22.95 and now i'm getting quotes for $46. Might as well take an Uber or Lyft at these prices.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:13 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by miuk
Was looking for one of those shuttle rides to LAX from Orange County, ie. Prime Time, Super Shuttle, etc....

Prices increased dramatically from the last time i took one (Feb 2017). Used to pay $22.95 and now i'm getting quotes for $46. Might as well take an Uber or Lyft at these prices.
Shuttle2lax.com should still be $25 for one person for most parts of Orange County except the far southern end.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by cbn42
Shuttle2lax.com should still be $25 for one person for most parts of Orange County except the far southern end.
Thats my regular site and they're quoting $54 for Tustin pickup.

Actually after playing around, i realized that if i use my office address in Irvine it's back to $20.

Just contacted them, apparently it's now on their website, $20 for the first 10 miles and $0.99 for every other mile. What a joke, Uber/Lyft is cheaper.

Last edited by miuk; Aug 21, 2018 at 7:20 pm
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:54 am
Original Member

What's the best way to get from BUR to LAX?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:49 am

Best way is Uber or rental car.

There are other ways that are cheaper but will take longer. For example, you can take Metrolink (commuter rail) to Union Station then transfer to the FlyAway express bus to LAX. Or you can take a Burbank bus to the Metro station in North Hollywood and take the Orange line BRT to Woodley station and transfer to a different FlyAway express bus to LAX.

BUR transit center info: https://hollywoodburbankairport.com/.../buses-trains/

Burbank bus from BUR to Metro Station info: http://www.burbankbus.org/maps-sched...oho-to-airport

FlyAway Bus info: https://www.flylax.com/flyaway%20bus#Routes

Last edited by bzcat; Oct 9, 2018 at 11:58 am
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:57 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by bzcat
Or you can take a BUR shuttle bus to the Metro station in North Hollywood and take the Orange line BRT to Woodley station and transfer to a different FlyAway express bus to LAX.
If you take the shuttle to the Metro station, you can also take the Red Line to the Blue Line to the Green line to the Airport station and take the shuttle into LAX from there.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
LAX to South OC transportation mid-evening

Hi, apologies if I've overlooked this in my search.

My wife and I are arriving on an International flight mid-week early June around 9:30 pm. Need to get home to South OC (MV) with minimum hassle or exorbitant cost. Curious about anyone with personal experience taking Uber or Lyft from LAX to S. OC at that time of evening? I wonder if I'll have difficulty securing a ride. I've done SNA-home in the evening, but drivers are mostly local. Not sure about LAX-home. Appreciate any personal experiences. Thank you.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:07 pm

I don't think you will have any issue with getting an Uber or Lyft ride to South OC. Half of the time when I get in Uber at LAX, the driver just dropped off someone from OC.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisl137
At $22+/day all in, I'm thinking about using Union Station + Flayaway for my next long-ish trip. Union Station is only $8/day, but you have to drop off a form letting them know you'll be parking multiple days.
Are you comfortable leaving your car at Union Station for a few days?
I need to get from Redondo to Arcadia but don't want to drive. I thought of taking the Flyaway from LAX to Union station and then the Gold line. I assume there is parking near the flyaway. Other option is drive to Union Station and take gold line but I don't know about leaving my car there overnight.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by corky
I need to get from Redondo to Arcadia but don't want to drive. I thought of taking the Flyaway from LAX to Union station and then the Gold line.
Or you can take the Green Line to the Blue Line to the Red Line to the Gold Line.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you comfortable leaving your car at Union Station for a few days?
I need to get from Redondo to Arcadia but don't want to drive. I thought of taking the Flyaway from LAX to Union station and then the Gold line. I assume there is parking near the flyaway. Other option is drive to Union Station and take gold line but I don't know about leaving my car there overnight.
There’s a multi story underground garage that allows long term parking. I’ve used it on and off in the past - it’s got limited entry points and is away from foot traffic. It’s on the Patsouras Plaza/flyaway bus side

or did you mean parking near the flyaway at LAX? It just cruises the lower level between the islands and the curb- I don’t think there’s any reasonable parking closer than the usual airport parking.

Flyaway to gold line is probably easier and faster than taking metro all the way. There’s also a big garage at foothill and Sierra Madre station that used to allow multi-day free parking, but I haven’t checked lately.

Last edited by chrisl137; Jun 16, 2021 at 10:14 pm
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There’s a multi story underground garage that allows long term parking. I’ve used it on and off in the past - it’s got limited entry points and is away from foot traffic. It’s on the Patsouras Plaza/flyaway bus side

or did you mean parking near the flyaway at LAX? It just cruises the lower level between the islands and the curb- I don’t think there’s any reasonable parking closer than the usual airport parking.

Flyaway to gold line is probably easier and faster than taking metro all the way. There’s also a big garage at foothill and Sierra Madre station that used to allow multi-day free parking, but I haven’t checked lately.
Flyaway at LAX. I want to park my car at LAX, take the flyaway bus to Union station and connect to the gold line to Arcadia. Spend a night or 2 at a friend's in Arcadia and then take gold line to Union station and pick up the bus back to my car at LAX. Doable ?
Or I can drive to Union station, park and take the gold line but not sure I am comfortable leaving my car at Union station for a couple days.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flyaway at LAX. I want to park my car at LAX, take the flyaway bus to Union station and connect to the gold line to Arcadia. Spend a night or 2 at a friend's in Arcadia and then take gold line to Union station and pick up the bus back to my car at LAX. Doable ?
Or I can drive to Union station, park and take the gold line but not sure I am comfortable leaving my car at Union station for a couple days.
As far as I know there's no special Flyaway parking at LAX. It starts at whichever remote stations (Union Station, Van Nuys) and then just goes through the U on the lower level and back to the remote station. I've never seen a stop at any off-airport parking. You'd have to park at your favorite LAX parking spot and then go wait at the terminal for the Flyaway. Or just take an Uber/Lyft from home to the terminal and hop on the Flyaway.

Is there no street parking at your friend's in Arcadia? If you go at off peak hours it's an easy drive from where you are.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Is there no street parking at your friend's in Arcadia? If you go at off peak hours it's an easy drive from where you are.
Arcadia's temporary overnight parking permit is $5/night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.