FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   Consolidated "Getting to/from _____ in the Los Angeles area" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/544844-consolidated-getting-_____-los-angeles-area-thread.html)

rar indeed Oct 18, 2006 1:30 am

Yeah, there is an express bus line that runs on Wilshire; they're red and you can't miss them. It's a hike from the Beverly Hills Hotel to Wilshire, by the way... It's around 10 blocks and those north of Santa Monica are long blocks. I'd echo the sentiments of other posters by suggesting taking the express bus line to the Red Line.

That being said, Wilshire is a complete disaster going from Beverly Hills to downtown during afternoon/evening rush hour and I can't imagine the bus lines, express or otherwise, are any good to get from BH to the WDCH in a timely fashion. I'd rent a car; it's probably cheaper to do so considering your time is valuable. I 'd estimate 45 minutes from the BH Hotel to the WDCH if you take Caņon to Little Santa Monica to Burton to San Vicente to Olympic to get to downtown.

rar indeed Oct 18, 2006 1:34 am

Originally Posted by jfh1107
If you're set on using public transportation, I would agree with the last post:

Take a cab to the Metro station at Hollywood & Highland (about 5 miles from BH, maybe a $10 cab ride). Then take the Metro red line Downtown to Civic Center station, and walk a few blocks to Disney Hall.

This way you won't be in traffic most of the time. The subway is generally fast and reliable.

Eh, you'd just as well take the 2 bus on Sunset and walk the three blocks north from Sunset to Hollywood...

19103_aa Oct 18, 2006 7:32 am

Thanks everyone for suggestions. I'm going to the Sunday afternoon concert instead. I assume the No 2 bus is probably the best bet for that scenario?

IceTrojan May 4, 2007 7:00 am

Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to add onto this not-so-new/not-so-old one.

I've always had it in my head that it would be MUCH cheaper to park at a station and take the Green line to LAX ($1.25 ticket x 2 vs. $10/day in Lot C). Well, I had some extra time this morning so I cruised by the El Segundo Station to scope it out for a 2-night stay. Unforunately, I did find broken window glass in one parking stall, so I decided to continue on to LAX.

My other thought was the Norwalk Station... while really far away, it has a security guard on site... I just need to find out if they're there 24/7.

Does anyone know of a station that is safe to park at along the Green Line?

SkiAdcock May 4, 2007 12:40 pm

IceTrojan, I 'think' the Redondo station might have security guard, but that's just a guess. I've parked at El Segundo station before w/ no problem, but it wasn't overnight.

Cheers.

auh2o May 4, 2007 3:04 pm

Redondo does not have a guard but it is well patroled and I have never had a problem leaving our car there overnight.

bigguyinpasadena May 4, 2007 4:46 pm

first time I am actually going to leave the car at home and take a cab to the gold line station/fly away-lax 8 days away-repeat.
Since the parking at union station(a bargain at 6 bucks a day btw)would come out to around $60 because of schedule I figure it will be half of that doing it this way.
Now I just have to find a place to store the cat for under $15 a day!

IceTrojan May 4, 2007 5:24 pm

I've parked at the Redondo station overnight once. The problem is that there's only one train that leaves early enough in the morning to make the early flights. All the other early trains start at the Douglas station.

auh2o May 6, 2007 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan (Post 7689326)
I've parked at the Redondo station overnight once. The problem is that there's only one train that leaves early enough in the morning to make the early flights. All the other early trains start at the Douglas station.

How early do you fly? :o

There is a 4:20AM, a 4:49AM and a 5:02AM train.

kenwood33 May 19, 2007 10:27 am

Transportation between airport and downtown

Hi all, I am planning on a trip to LA next month and I am wondering if there is any cheap transportation (i.e. train) to downtown near the LA convention center?

auh2o May 19, 2007 11:23 am

You can take the bus to the Green Line and either connect to the Blue Line or get off the the Green Line at the Harbor Freeway stop and take the express bus to downtown.

A taxi is a flat $42 to downtown.

Non-NonRev May 19, 2007 1:58 pm

Take the nonstop flyAway bus to Union Station (USD 3), then transfer to the Metro Red Line (stops about six blocks from the CC ) or any number of bus lines that will take you even closer to the CC:

http://www.lawa.org/flyAwayInfo2.cfm

kenwood33 May 19, 2007 5:32 pm

Thanks for the info. $42 is not too bad. How busy is the taxi line at the airport usually? I will be arriving on either a Thur or Fri night after 9pm.

SkiAdcock May 20, 2007 5:20 pm

Cab lines aren't that long; you shouldn't have to wait very long, plus it's post rush hour so getting downtown should only take about 30 minutes. Cheers.

skywalkerLAX May 20, 2007 10:20 pm

Supershuttle runs frequently and is 15$+tip which is a good deal in my eyes ^

Since when is the LAXflyAway only 3$ ?? :confused: