Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Getting to/from _____ in the Los Angeles area" thread

Consolidated "Getting to/from _____ in the Los Angeles area" thread

Old May 23, 13, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM, MR LT Titanium
90 minutes

Greetings from the LAX Avis rental car bus! It took 90 minutes to get here from Palmdale, leaving a couple of minutes after 3. I took 14-5-405-La Tijera-Airport Blvd; the 405 was pretty slow from the 10 to LAX but not a complete disaster by any stretch (about which I did not complain) . Thanks for all the advice!
Old May 24, 13, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), now an Elite Peon
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer View Post
Greetings from the LAX Avis rental car bus! It took 90 minutes to get here from Palmdale, leaving a couple of minutes after 3. I took 14-5-405-La Tijera-Airport Blvd; the 405 was pretty slow from the 10 to LAX but not a complete disaster by any stretch (about which I did not complain) . Thanks for all the advice!
Glad you made it! (Not that *I* ever had any doubt you would. )
Old Jan 29, 14, 1:40 am

Programs: UA/AA
Just ran across this shuttle service between LAX and Orange County...$20 each way. Pricing seems a little sketchy......They want $34 from LAX directly to SNA, but only $20 to an SNA airport hotel or address near the airport.

http://shuttletolax.com/
Old Jan 30, 14, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by jaymar01 View Post
Just ran across this shuttle service between LAX and Orange County...$20 each way. Pricing seems a little sketchy......They want $34 from LAX directly to SNA, but only $20 to an SNA airport hotel or address near the airport.

Great find -- thanks!
Old Jan 31, 14, 10:51 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

I have used this several times. It is $20 from LAX to SNA (or anywhere within their service area). Not sure how you got $34, maybe you searched for 2 people?

The website is owned by Prime Time, and it will always assign you to a Prime Time shuttle.
Old Feb 6, 14, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Since this is an old thread, it's prudent to note that they've eliminated the Irvine Flyaway service mentioned above.
Old Sep 30, 14, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cbn42 View Post
I have used this several times. It is $20 from LAX to SNA (or anywhere within their service area). Not sure how you got $34, maybe you searched for 2 people?

The website is owned by Prime Time, and it will always assign you to a Prime Time shuttle.
Will they pick up from SNA airport terminals?
Old Sep 30, 14, 7:52 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
Will they pick up from SNA airport terminals?
I don't see SNA on their list of pick up points, but if you give them the street address I don't see why not.
Old Oct 17, 14, 12:29 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Friday night commute times?

I have a flight from ORD to Hawaii and am thinking of flying into L.A. the night before. I know that LA freeways can be nuts at certain times and days. I would be arriving into SNA around 7:30pm on a Friday night. I can also take a flight that gets me in around 9:30pm. What is a normal time to make this commute at these times on a Friday? I guess i could also stay near SNA and do the drive in the a.m. instead. How is this drive on a Saturday around 6am? Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 14, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA Plat / DL & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chicago747 View Post
I have a flight from ORD to Hawaii and am thinking of flying into L.A. the night before. I know that LA freeways can be nuts at certain times and days. I would be arriving into SNA around 7:30pm on a Friday night. I can also take a flight that gets me in around 9:30pm. What is a normal time to make this commute at these times on a Friday? I guess i could also stay near SNA and do the drive in the a.m. instead. How is this drive on a Saturday around 6am? Thanks!
Friday night hitting the freeway after say 7:45pm will be fine. Probably will take no more than 15 minutes longer than at 9:30pm or 6am on Saturday.
Old Nov 11, 14, 7:49 pm

Just ran across this shuttle service between LAX and Orange County...$20 each way.
While I did book this for DH last year for LAX-Irvine, I was too hesitant to try them again last week. They have horrible reviews
http://www.yelp.com/biz/shuttle2lax-los-angeles
Old Nov 12, 14, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 100K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal View Post
While I did book this for DH last year for LAX-Irvine, I was too hesitant to try them again last week. They have horrible reviews
http://www.yelp.com/biz/shuttle2lax-los-angeles
They are some reports also in this thread (reports are less glowing from LAX than going to LAX):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...-irvine-2.html
Old Nov 12, 14, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I guess there is always Uber as well.
Old Dec 9, 14, 10:14 pm
Yub

Construction work may be scheduled during the night. I-405 near I-605 often has lane closures or full freeway closure from 10PM until 5AM for bridge work. Check the Cal Trans Lane Closure site here:

http://www.lcswebreports.dot.ca.gov/...do?district=12

For example, this coming Friday night, 12 December, it looks like they will start closing off lanes on I-405 near I-605 beginning at 10:00 PM, and completely closing lanes from 11:00 PM until 5:00 AM in both the Northbound and Southbound directions.
Old Dec 13, 14, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I have a flight out of LAX on Monday the 22nd of December at 7.20 PM. My return flight is Friday January 1st at 11.30 am .

I live in Irvine, maybe miles max from SNA. I was looking for the most economical and easy way to get to LAX but reading one of the posts gave me this idea:

I have 9 free rental days on National. I've had them for a long time and never redeem them. Would I be able to rent two one ways rewards, sna-lax and lax-sna?

Search this Thread