Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Getting to/from _____ in the Los Angeles area" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Getting to/from _____ in the Los Angeles area" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by bzcat
Monday 4 pm from Beverly Wilshire to Staples Center will be about 1 hour via Olympic Blvd. You can try I-10 but it will take about 25 minutes just to get to I-10 from Beverly Wilshire. Not worth the trouble in my opinion. Take the local road (Olympic is the best).
Ooh...an hour to go 12 miles...fun!

Good thing I like LA!

And, of course, many thanks to you. Much obliged, and happy to return the favor if you find yourself eastward bound.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Often1
This is a very tight connection given the shuttle ride to rental pickup and rush hour LA traffic. Car rental not really a serious option.

Given checkpoint delays at SNA, I wouldn't even risk Super Shuttle. This is a cab / car service run for sure.
Taxifarefinder.com estimates about $118 for cab.
Old May 30, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by stevenshev
Ooh...an hour to go 12 miles...fun!

Good thing I like LA!

And, of course, many thanks to you. Much obliged, and happy to return the favor if you find yourself eastward bound.
You can take the 720 bus from Beverly Wilshire to Downtown LA if you want... about the same amount of time as driving but you save on the Staples Center parking, which can be better used towards beer.
Old May 30, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by bzcat
You can take the 720 bus from Beverly Wilshire to Downtown LA if you want... about the same amount of time as driving but you save on the Staples Center parking, which can be better used towards beer.
Will make it damn difficult to catch my redeye after the game!
Old May 31, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA, HA, UA, DL, HH, SPG, Kimpton, Fairmont, New Otani, I Prefer
Hi guys,

In town next week for Cup finals.

Staying at Beverly Willshire. How much time do I need to budget (I'm driving) to get to the Staples Center by call it 4.45pm (enough time to park/get in)? Not too conservative, but realistic, please. Any suggested routes also appreciated!

Second question, is at around 8-9pm, how long should I expect from the Staples Center to LAX? Again, suggested routes are very much appreciated.

*Also, if from a driving time perspective, I'm much better off staying at the London, I can do that, so feel free to opine on that topic, too!

Thanks!

~Steven
Are you coming just for the Cup? Why not stay at the JW Marriott or Ritz at Staples or the Omni, Hilton Checkers or Biltmore to make life easier? Or you could stay at the Rebury or W Hollywood and use the subway for game 3 and then drive down for game 4 to catch the red eye out.
Old May 31, 2012, 1:00 pm

Will make it damn difficult to catch my redeye after the game!
I was thinking you can use the bus for game 3... I wasn't thinking about game 4. But if you want to do that for game 4 as well, you can take the metro to the airport from Staples Center after the game - although I wouldn't advise this if you have luggage... I'm not sure there is place to store them at Staples Center.

Staples Center to LAX: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...m&z=12&start=2

Here is the instruction to take the bus from Beverly Wilshire to Staples. 2 options:
1. Short walk from hotel to Olympic Blvd/Beverly and take 728 bus, arrive at LA Live, 1 block north of Staples Center: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=B...m&z=13&start=2 - basically the same route as driving that I suggested.

2. Take 720 bus in front of Beverly Wilshire hotel (@ Wilshire/Beverly) to subway station at Wilshire/Western and take subway to Downtown LA 7th St Metro Center. Google says to take the DASH bus but you could walk to Staples Center from 7th Metro or take the Blue line to Pico station: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=B...m&z=13&start=1

Here is instruction to take bus back to Beverly Wilshire after the game. Again 2 options:

1. Take 28 (728's late night local version) bus from LA Live to Olympic/Beverly and a short walk back to hotel: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...m&z=13&start=1

2. Take the subway from 7th St Metro Center, transfer to 720 bus. Get off in front of your hotel: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...m&z=13&start=0

Edit: or just stay in Downtown or Hollywood like Jeremy suggested

Last edited by bzcat; May 31, 2012 at 1:09 pm
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by JeremyS1973
Are you coming just for the Cup? Why not stay at the JW Marriott or Ritz at Staples or the Omni, Hilton Checkers or Biltmore to make life easier? Or you could stay at the Rebury or W Hollywood and use the subway for game 3 and then drive down for game 4 to catch the red eye out.
Thanks...sold out and my corporate rate at the Beverly Wilshire is far too good to pass up anyway!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:02 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Monday and Wednesday of next week.

Not so much looking for an accurate prediction, more like a 90th percentile recommendation.
The President will be in town today.

There will be street closures in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles possibly affecting Pico Blvd., Olympic Blvd., Century Park East, Century Park West, Wilshire Blvd. and Beverly Blvd.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Anaheim to LAX on a Monday Morning

We are in a bit of a quandry and would appreciate input from LA regulars.

We are heading to Anaheim and Disneyland. We are leaving the area from LAX on Monday, April 19 and our flight (domestic) is scheduled for 9:17 a.m.

If we want to be at the airport at 8 a.m. what time should we leave Anaheim please?

Another option is to leave Anaheim the night before and sleep at a hotel near LAX.

Thank you.

Last edited by janehoya; Apr 10, 2013 at 11:53 pm
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by janehoya
Another option is to leave Anaheim the night before and sleep at a hotel near LAX.
Do this. No-brainer IMO.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Do this. No-brainer IMO.
^^ to this. Monday morning traffic is horrendus between OC and LAX. Also, Monday morning is crazy at LAX - everything will take more time from returning the rental car to getting through security - you may want to allow more time than an hour to take care of everything.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:26 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Absolutely agree.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
I lived near LAX and worked at the Disneyland Resort for almost 20 years. I would give myself 2 hours just to be safe. You will be early to LAX but just in case of who knows what just give yourself the extra time.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Mondays are usually tough at the airport for security. I would not arrive any less than 90 min. That means 90 mins from the point in which you step into the TSA line. Not 90 min from the time you arrive in the greater LAX vicinity with rental car, shuttle, etc to still deal with.

With respect to the drive, that's a tough slog as you'll be in traffic most of the way. There are certainly a few route options and carpool lanes but you can still expect quite a bit of traffic.

Traffic starts pretty early around here. When I've been on the road at 530am to catch early flights, I was astounded at the number of people on the road at that time of day.

If it doesn't create hardship on your trip, staying near LAX the night before is a great idea.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:28 pm

Please do yourself a favor and get to a LAX hotel the night before. Unless you want to wake up at 5AM in Anaheim and drive to LAX on Monday morning, you are going to miss your flight. And even that is really pushing it if you need to return a rental car. More likely, you'll need to wake up at 4AM and leave by 5AM. Budget 1.5 hour for the drive, 1 hour for the rental car return, and 1 hour to clear security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.